Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:28 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
you shipp to canada. if so drilled and slotted stoptech to T9E 0K9
Old 05-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Lastchance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Getting Stoptech rotors with Project Mu B force pads put on this Monday....can't wait to feel the difference....I'll post up later.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:49 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Lastchance
Getting Stoptech rotors with Project Mu B force pads put on this Monday....can't wait to feel the difference....I'll post up later.

Definitely post pics and a review!!! That would be awesome. I'll probably wait until a few people get these on....and will probably wait til my OEM pads are shot. I figure, I paid for OEM rotors and pads, might as well use them if they're perfectly good.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Lastchance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They look great! I didn't use them too heavily yet though so I can't really comment on the performance. I'm definately glad to have done this though...I'm still waiting for the rears.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:53 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you pads sweep the rotor all the way to the edge of the rotor? I am running Hawk Ceramic and today was first time on road and not too hard on them. Notice that one side is not sweeping the outside 1/4 inch and the other side is not sweeping the outside 1/8 inch. Not sure if it is the pad design or just that the pad is not fully seated yet.

Originally Posted by Lastchance
They look great! I didn't use them too heavily yet though so I can't really comment on the performance. I'm definately glad to have done this though...I'm still waiting for the rears.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:49 AM
skaterbasist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure if you G37 folks are aware of this, but a vendor at G35driver.com is almost done with their 2-piece rotors. They are, according to them, 10 lbs LIGHTER PER ROTOR than the stock rotors (these stoptech/rotora rotors should weigh about the same as stock). This is a huge difference.

Along with the reduction of unsprung weight, 2-piece rotors are better when it comes to heat and holding up against hard track use. 2-Piece rotors are the only way to go if you really care about performance!

(This is not the final production version)
Old 05-13-2009, 02:07 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Thanks for the news Henry. I've been waiting for this! 10lbs???? I'm freaking stoked! hahaha
Old 05-13-2009, 01:11 PM
HamstersG

If just for street use (appearance), I am not sure I would want to pay the usually significant upcharge for 2-piece rotors.

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
I'm not sure if you G37 folks are aware of this, but a vendor at G35driver.com is almost done with their 2-piece rotors. They are, according to them, 10 lbs LIGHTER PER ROTOR than the stock rotors (these stoptech/rotora rotors should weigh about the same as stock). This is a huge difference.

Along with the reduction of unsprung weight, 2-piece rotors are better when it comes to heat and holding up against hard track use. 2-Piece rotors are the only way to go if you really care about performance!

(This is not the final production version)
Old 05-13-2009, 03:46 PM
skaterbasist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HamstersG
If just for street use (appearance), I am not sure I would want to pay the usually significant upcharge for 2-piece rotors.
10 lbs of unsprung weight per rotor is a huge difference on the street or the track.

On the track, besides the looks and unsprung weight differences, they should also hold up to abuse a little more.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:49 PM
HamstersG

Not arguing the technical merits.....just that everyone will have to make the cost vs. benefit decision. If cost was not a factor, I know I would not be driving a G37.

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
10 lbs of unsprung weight per rotor is a huge difference on the street or the track.

On the track, besides the looks and unsprung weight differences, they should also hold up to abuse a little more.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
So do the Rotora or StopTech rotors offer any weight savings at all over stock?
Old 05-13-2009, 04:30 PM
HamstersG

I did not weigh, but in handling both I would say no unless you count the weight removed by the holes and slots.

Originally Posted by Black Betty
So do the Rotora or StopTech rotors offer any weight savings at all over stock?
Old 05-13-2009, 11:22 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Is Rotora known to be a "better brand" than StopTech? I'm seriously trying to figure out why I could get a full set of StopTechs for almost HALF the cost of the Rotoras. Anyone know why the price is different? I'm probably gonna make the switch to these once my OEM pads wear out.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:42 AM
HamstersG

Asked the same questions of many people including some vendors and could never get an answer. I still bet the blanks are made in the same foundry as there are not a lot of them in the world and they became available about the same time.

Now if the Rotora's were clear or black zinc coated, I might have gone with them. However, if I was going to pay the price of the Rotora's, then I would probably have gone with the Brake Performance ones which are nothing more than OEM rotors that are dimpled, slotted and black zinc coated.

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
Is Rotora known to be a "better brand" than StopTech? I'm seriously trying to figure out why I could get a full set of StopTechs for almost HALF the cost of the Rotoras. Anyone know why the price is different? I'm probably gonna make the switch to these once my OEM pads wear out.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:48 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Originally Posted by HamstersG
Asked the same questions of many people including some vendors and could never get an answer. I still bet the blanks are made in the same foundry as there are not a lot of them in the world and they became available about the same time.

Now if the Rotora's were clear or black zinc coated, I might have gone with them. However, if I was going to pay the price of the Rotora's, then I would probably have gone with the Brake Performance ones which are nothing more than OEM rotors that are dimpled, slotted and black zinc coated.
Thanks Ham.....yeah I'll probably go StopTech once my OEM pads wear out. They look great. Thanks for your help bro.

Quick Reply: Stoptech and Rotora OEM Replacement Rotors