Stoptech and Rotora OEM Replacement Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 12:44 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unlikely since they were just released by Stoptech.

Originally Posted by da mayor
anyone have mileage on these rotors and issues yet?
Old 04-11-2009, 12:53 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would love some slotted/drilled rotors on my G, but I've been reading online that drilled rotors are more prone to cracking (but I'm thinking that would be more on the track with intense braking). My G is a daily driver so drilled/slotted rotors would be more for looks....thoughts?
Old 04-11-2009, 01:12 PM
HamstersG

It is routinely posted that drilled are more likely to crack, but I have not seen any numbers/details especially for street use. Some go with just slotted. There is also a slotted and dimpled version from www.brakeperformance.com but they run about $800. They are OEM rotors that have been slotted, dimpled and then zinc coated. Several of the forum have them. They are not on their site, but you can call and get them.

For daily driver it is mostly for looks, but some minor improvement. If you go with SS lines, slotted and/or drilled-dimpled rotors, and new upgraded pads, it is a nice upgrade in looks and a little bit in performance. And thousands of $ less than full after-market BBK. Save your OEM rotors and pads [mark pads inside/outside and keep with the same rotor you took of] and you can quickly put them back on if you have a problem with the Stoptech or Rotora.

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
I would love some slotted/drilled rotors on my G, but I've been reading online that drilled rotors are more prone to cracking (but I'm thinking that would be more on the track with intense braking). My G is a daily driver so drilled/slotted rotors would be more for looks....thoughts?
Old 04-11-2009, 02:20 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Originally Posted by HamstersG
It is routinely posted that drilled are more likely to crack, but I have not seen any numbers/details especially for street use. Some go with just slotted. There is also a slotted and dimpled version from www.brakeperformance.com but they run about $800. They are OEM rotors that have been slotted, dimpled and then zinc coated. Several of the forum have them. They are not on their site, but you can call and get them.

For daily driver it is mostly for looks, but some minor improvement. If you go with SS lines, slotted and/or drilled-dimpled rotors, and new upgraded pads, it is a nice upgrade in looks and a little bit in performance. And thousands of $ less than full after-market BBK. Save your OEM rotors and pads [mark pads inside/outside and keep with the same rotor you took of] and you can quickly put them back on if you have a problem with the Stoptech or Rotora.

Yeah, I've seen the brakeperformance rotors on here before and seem like a great choice. So I'm assuming that at least they have front/rear available? Is that $800 for the set of 4?
Old 04-11-2009, 03:46 PM
HamstersG

Yeah set of 4. Last time I checked it was like $795 but I can't recall if that was shipped or not. And they were available. OEM rotors cost about $340 for set of 4 so that is $455 to slot, dimple and zinc them.....but at least you can get them.

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
Yeah, I've seen the brakeperformance rotors on here before and seem like a great choice. So I'm assuming that at least they have front/rear available? Is that $800 for the set of 4?
Old 04-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NJlakeshoreG
this is for the suckas not the haters...i already killed the haters....

the suckas are the ones that need there own ideas on ish n quit jackin others...this world is not follow the leader, make ur own stand out...

mike, those are fukcing sweet! i love it! crossdrilled/slotted rotors are defin. next on my list.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:02 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by NJlakeshoreG
this is for the suckas not the haters...i already killed the haters....

the suckas are the ones that need there own ideas on ish n quit jackin others...this world is not follow the leader, make ur own stand out...
Didn't Woady do the Blue calipers first. So does that mean that you're "jackin" his idea and therefore are a "Sucka" Nice rotors and calipers. those are gonna look sick on your ride
Old 04-11-2009, 10:32 PM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by soolman32
Didn't Woady do the Blue calipers first. So does that mean that you're "jackin" his idea and therefore are a "Sucka" Nice rotors and calipers. those are gonna look sick on your ride
mine are not blue..tehy are burple liekm the rest of the powder coated pieces on my car...also were sent bout the same time as W0ady....mine change from blue to purple...KANDY BLUE mixed with KANDY purple makes Kandy BURPLE....gots it???

W0 had his colormatched with athens blue... his are sexy AB

EDIT PS..that comment was for tasteless ****** lol....THANK YOU for the comment as well bro
Old 04-14-2009, 07:42 PM
HamstersG

Update on Stoptech Rear Rotor Availability

Just got this update via email from Stoptech. Now I assume that is the date the Stoptech is getting them from the actual manufacturer, so not sure how long till one of the vendors can get them to us. But should not take too long.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 6:59 PM
Subject: RE: Infiniti G37S Rotors

David,

The eta for the rear rotors April 24th.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:13 PM
HamstersG

Just got this update from Stoptech:

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 5:53 PM
Subject: RE: Infiniti G37S Rotors

David,

The rear rotors are due to arrive on the April 24th however, we have to get them on the schedule to have them machine which will be an additional 3-4 weeks.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:59 PM
w0ady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good info. either way, id only go with slotted rotors instead of x-drilled.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:07 PM
FroZen88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give !! :P
Old 04-16-2009, 10:37 PM
HamstersG

They make those too. If I was going to go just slotted, I would probably try the Brake Performance ones so the zinc coated slot would stand out more.

Originally Posted by w0ady
good info. either way, id only go with slotted rotors instead of x-drilled.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Kev@US-Autotech
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stoptech Rotors ; Slotted/Drilled

Hey Guys,
I can get both front and rear rotors (Stoptech Slotted/Drilled) for your G37S in 2 weeks once you order.
Please PM me for pricing.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:26 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Please PM price for front and rear slotted/crossdrilled SPORT rotors shipped to 37922. THANKS!!!!

Quick Reply: Stoptech and Rotora OEM Replacement Rotors