Help SPC Front Camber Kit Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 03:53 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hate to pass the buck, but Finagle69 would probably be the best person to give you advise as he is on coilovers and can tell you how much of a problem it is being that low. I am on Eibachs and it may be ok with correctly designed bump stops to get rid of the metal-to-metal contact, but it really seems like they are going to have to redesign to take advantage of the recess in the fender to give some more clearance. Even then I think those on coilovers are going to need bump stops unless there is something else in the overall suspension that prevents that much upward movement. At a minimum, I would not install until we hear what the solution is going to be from SPC.

Originally Posted by Blackjack
Hamsters... What would your recommendation be? I have mine on order and already shipped from HPA. I can likely return them. I'll be dropped on KW Coilovers and plan to be low. If you were in my case, would you hold off?
Old 03-29-2009, 04:34 PM
ghostfaced37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hamsters... What would your recommendation be? I have mine on order and already shipped from HPA. I can likely return them. I'll be dropped on KW Coilovers and plan to be low. If you were in my case, would you hold off?
Im running KWs with SPC front cambers... if you dont mind the metal on metal noise then go for it... if not id return it.... but then again im driving on horrible NY roads.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:31 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
I have the same issue .. After I installed I noticed the noise right away . My ride height is 26 1/2 all around . Im going to keep mine on so I dont have the tire wear .. Hopefully something comes out quick !! This sucks !!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
There's no way I'm putting these on Her car now. Not unless the camber is way way off. Crap! These are in route to me right now too. I wish this thread came out three days earlier.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:15 PM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
There's no way I'm putting these on Her car now. Not unless the camber is way way off. Crap! These are in route to me right now too. I wish this thread came out three days earlier.
dont worry about eibach man. You wont be that much off in the front, and if you get a alignment you can get it reall close cause eibach is a subtle drop.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:22 PM
G_Thang

Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties

Sorry dude. I started this thread a few hours after I installed and found out what was causing it. Dont worry tho, SPC will redesign and send out new arms to customers. I talked to SPC tech and they recommended the bump stops, but I quickly replied saying this is a design flaw and they would have to be redesigned. I'll be in contact with them tomorow, so I'll pass along what ever info I have.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:25 PM
G_Thang

Keep the arms for now. When the new design comes out, you'll be sent the new ones. Im at 25.375 from ground to fender apex and it rubs going over even small bumps.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:31 PM
HamstersG

Alignment will not help front camber as there is no adjustment. I am on Eibach and front camber was -1.3 and -1.7 after drop and max spec is -1.17 so you are right about being close especially on one side. I just did not like the looks that much so put the arms in to get close to nominal setting of -0.42.

With new arms I am now at about -0.3 on both sides with manual measurement. Going to get an alignment to be sure and then I need to get the steering wheel reset to center.

Originally Posted by jnguyen
dont worry about eibach man. You wont be that much off in the front, and if you get a alignment you can get it reall close cause eibach is a subtle drop.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:34 PM
HamstersG

Have you specifically been told that they are going to redesign and exchange arms with those that bought them already? If so, I sure hope it takes less time than it did to get the first design done.

Originally Posted by G_Thang
Keep the arms for now. When the new design comes out, you'll be sent the new ones. Im at 25.375 from ground to fender apex and it rubs going over even small bumps.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:45 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I'm dropped with Tanabe and my front camber is -1.1 without the kit. Glad I don't need it.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:12 AM
xlack
Registered Member

thanks hamsterG and finagle for all the information, and G_Thang for the heads-up.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:35 AM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Blackjack, If you care to hear my advice, I'd say keep the product for now but do not install it.

I'm about to (or fixin to if you're in the south) contact SPC to let them know my findings with the bump stops they provided. Eddit @ THM has also been in contact with SPC, so I'd expect a redesigned product.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Hpauto
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just called SPC as well, waiting for a response back from them, hangtight fellas.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Hpauto
I just called SPC as well, waiting for a response back from them, hangtight fellas.
Thanks Andy!
Old 03-31-2009, 03:25 PM
Hpauto
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update: Just spoke to Jeff @ SPC, they are looking into this issue right now to determine how to fix the problem. They are looking into temp fixes, as well as long term fix (possible re-design) if need be. I will be in contact w him regulary so any new news, I will pass over.

Quick Reply: Help SPC Front Camber Kit Rattle