Help SPC Front Camber Kit Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 01:09 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes. Using the SPC instructions, set the caster where you want it and then slide the camber/caster adjuster all the way toward the outside of the arm for initial install.

And study the caster instructions very closely to make sure you set it the right way and were you want. You would think that the arms would come with it set at zero but mine did not.

Originally Posted by JLai
^ Thanks for the specs!

Quick question: If I understand you correctly, we should leave the G35 arms on max positive adjustment to be near nominal? (Just trying to figure out where to set it at during the install...before an actual alignment)
Originally Posted by finagle69
set it to the maximum positive adjustment point.

you can see from my numbers that mine are on max as well.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:45 PM
JLai

Originally Posted by HamstersG
Yes. Using the SPC instructions, set the caster where you want it and then slide the camber/caster adjuster all the way toward the outside of the arm for initial install.

And study the caster instructions very closely to make sure you set it the right way and were you want. You would think that the arms would come with it set at zero but mine did not.
Thanks!
Old 05-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Hpauto
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Updated Info from Jeff @ SPC

The testing of the 72130 arms for the 2008 G37 Coupe has given us the following results:

- the arm will provide up to a 1.5deg positive camber change

- vehicles dropped 1.2" (ie Eibach Pro Kit) can anticipate a camber correction approximately to OEM nominal spec.

- vehicles dropped more than 1.2" can expect camber correction not to exceed 1.5deg, which may leave the camber alignment measurement closer to the negative end of the spec range.

- OEM bump stop must be used for all applications

- no additional bump stop washers were used with the Eibach kit and no interference issues have been reported.

- it may be necessary to position the ball joint in the -0.5deg caster position before adjusting camber. This adds a bit more clearance

between the arms and the fender well.

- vehicles lower than 1.2" should use the bump stop spacer washers supplied with the arms. Additional spacers will be available for sale if needed to ensure the bump stops are bottoming before the arm
Old 05-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Hpauto
Updated Info from Jeff @ SPC

The testing of the 72130 arms for the 2008 G37 Coupe has given us the following results:

- the arm will provide up to a 1.5deg positive camber change

- vehicles dropped 1.2" (ie Eibach Pro Kit) can anticipate a camber correction approximately to OEM nominal spec.

- vehicles dropped more than 1.2" can expect camber correction not to exceed 1.5deg, which may leave the camber alignment measurement closer to the negative end of the spec range.

- OEM bump stop must be used for all applications

- no additional bump stop washers were used with the Eibach kit and no interference issues have been reported.

- it may be necessary to position the ball joint in the -0.5deg caster position before adjusting camber. This adds a bit more clearance

between the arms and the fender well.

- vehicles lower than 1.2" should use the bump stop spacer washers supplied with the arms. Additional spacers will be available for sale if needed to ensure the bump stops are bottoming before the arm
Well this really sucks!

Sounds like we need a new vendor to start making these.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:42 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
Well this really sucks!

I honestly have very minimal issues with mine now.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by finagle69
I honestly have very minimal issues with mine now.
You must not be dropped very much on your coilovers... When I was dropped on my KWs, my negative camber in the front was almost -3.8. And this only corrects up to 1.5. Wow.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:26 PM
HamstersG

On Eibach. No issues. Perfect alignment.

I don't see any way to improve on the arm given the geometry of the G37 and the fender design. They could shorten the camber/caster piece by removing the caster adjustment, but a little negative camber is needed to correct the alignment to spec as you lower.

Well this really sucks!

Old 05-14-2009, 11:29 PM
HamstersG

I can sell you a set of G37 arms that has enough adjustment to bring that -3.8 nearly to nominal, but you will have to use bump stops to not beat the heck out of the fender. Make you a deal.

You must not be dropped very much on your coilovers... When I was dropped on my KWs, my negative camber in the front was almost -3.8. And this only corrects up to 1.5. Wow.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:32 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HamstersG
I can sell you a set of G37 arms that has enough adjustment to bring that -3.8 nearly to nominal, but you will have to use bump stops to not beat the heck out of the fender. Make you a deal.
I had them and returned them. Lol. I only use quality parts. Very slim chance these are going on my G.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:52 PM
HamstersG

For you all that go real low, I hope SPC or someone can figure out a better solution. For those with Eibach or even a wee bit lower should be just fine with the alternate arm which is actually the one they sell for the 2007+ G35/G37 sedan under part #72130.

I had them and returned them. Lol. I only use quality parts. Very slim chance these are going on my G.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:56 PM
xlack
Registered Member

I still have mine in my box, brand new, only opened the box once to check and it's been sitting there since 2 months ago.. I bought it from Andy, can I get it returned as well? I don't see myself installing it with bump stops either
Old 05-15-2009, 12:31 AM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Yup, you're right, my car must be lifted.

Either you're being a smartarse or you don't pay attention... my numbers are there for you to see in previous posts...

I personally couldn't care less if these found their way onto your G, I'm just trying to help the community out.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:07 AM
HamstersG

Have no idea what SPC is doing on returns. If I was you, I would call Andy. If you are on just a mild spring drop, I am sure you could get them exchanged with Andy and/or SPC if you wanted to go with the shorter arm. To be clear, I am 100% fine with the shorter arm with my set-up and have no plans to remove them.

Originally Posted by xlack
I still have mine in my box, brand new, only opened the box once to check and it's been sitting there since 2 months ago.. I bought it from Andy, can I get it returned as well? I don't see myself installing it with bump stops either

Last edited by HamstersG; 05-15-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:51 PM
BiscuitWeasel

SPC is doing a direct exchange for the new arms. Email them at custserv@specprod.com with your name/address/phone and they will email you a UPS label. Once returned, they will send the 2007-08 G35 sedan arms.

http://www.spcperformance.com/PROD_D...d2=72130&cmd3=

Last edited by BiscuitWeasel; 05-15-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Triple_X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sedan kit ordered. thanks hamsters and finagle and thanks andy

Quick Reply: Help SPC Front Camber Kit Rattle