Has Anyone lowered front only?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
You can safely and easily lower only the front. It won't harm a thing and won't look funny. Every Nissan/Infiniti ever produced (except maybe the GT-R) has obnoxious front fender gap and a more normal rear. Dropping front only might give it a very slight rake but a 1" drop in front only won't be noticeable. Tanabe springs are only 5% stiffer than stock so it's not going to create handling problems. Stiffer front suspension is a plus not a negative, it's why I bought a stiffer front sway bar.

Do it. Nam is going to whenever I get my Tanabe fronts off to sell him.
Yep nothing wrong with a muscle car rake anyway! Agreed!
Old 03-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Infiniti93
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 03-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea I did it.... for a night. When I installed the eibachs I ran into some trouble getting the front struts out, ended up getting the fronts installed at around 1:30am, so I drove it home from my friends garage with just the fronts on. The eibach fronts only with stock rears looked like H&Rs (ie. Dumped). The rear looked like an FX. By changing the rake that much the front actually gets a lot lower. When I installed the rears the next day I was sad because the front end went back up a little. It was good though because now I don't have to worry about scraping the nose on driveways.

I think you would be OK with tanabe fronts, but anything more might be pushing it. Honestly I would just get eibachs front and rear. The drop is subtle overall and the rear doesn't drop as significantly as the front. Like people said, its about 1.2 and .8 giving the car a slide forward rake, which solves the car's stock problem of confusing itself for a speedboat.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:21 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
So I want to do a drop on the front with a vert. There is a one inch gap in the rear and about a 2 1/4 inch gap in the front. Not sure of the coupes stock wheel gap, but your description gives me something to go on. Thanks. I don't want too mild a drop with the tanabe springs designed for comfort. So it appears the eibachs with get the gap evened out the most.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:19 AM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by movinon
You shouldn't have any handling or ride problems, by doing a minimum drop in the front.
The plus side would be better MPG, because the car will always be going down hill. jk
LOL!
Old 03-31-2010, 10:30 AM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Namir
The eibach fronts only with stock rears looked like H&Rs (ie. Dumped). The rear looked like an FX. By changing the rake that much the front actually gets a lot lower.

Yes very true! I had taken my car to dealership last week to get a rear membrane bushing replaced under warranty. When I got my car back the rear was jacked up like half inch higher than stock. I was like WTF!?! The service guy told me I had to leave it or bring it back next day to get it aligned and adjusted. He told me the mechanic working on my car had never lowered a car and tightened and adjusted it while in the air.

So I ended up for one night sporting the Muscle car rake big time and the front was lower because of it. Looked bad *** in front but 4X4 in back lol!
Old 04-02-2010, 12:41 AM
cereal2k

Ok. So after further investigation and reviews of pics with tanabe fronts, in order not to go for a super rakish look with the stock vert rear springs, tanabe fronts seems to be the way to go for an evenish drop instead of the eibachs.

This is the vert stock height to the fenders

Front 28.25 inches
Rear 27.5 inches

So after tanabe nf210 and settling I should have a slight rake and an relatively even fender gap with a rake.

I'll go this route since there are no rear springs/coilovers for the vert at this present time. Now to find some tanabe front springs.

Front

Rear
Old 10-14-2010, 01:33 PM
cereal2k

Bumping this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since I went with eibach all around, I'm going back to the stock rear springs. I think that will give me a hella rake suspension.

After talking with a friend he mentioned it would be more prone to under steer due to the weight distribution being more up front during turns/twisties. On the highway at speed he mentioned it could be a bit unstable in the rear.

What experiences does anyone have with this??????

I'm doing the rake thing for sure on Monday, but likley per my prior post I would seek out some tanabe fronts...........

The front with the eibach is hella dumped at the moment with eibach and the stock wheel and tire.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:37 AM
micheal623

I did it.I put my old 350Z front springs on my08 coupe and other than the problems I had getting out of my driveway, the front lights point down way lower than normal it made driving at night a nightmare don't do it!
Old 10-20-2010, 06:09 PM
PictureMeRolin

I have eibachs on the front and stock springs on the back. The look is fine and I cannot notice any difference in handling.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:28 PM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by PictureMeRolin
I have eibachs on the front and stock springs on the back. The look is fine and I cannot notice any difference in handling.
Ok. Any side pics? Thanks for the feedback.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:30 PM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by micheal623
I did it.I put my old 350Z front springs on my08 coupe and other than the problems I had getting out of my driveway, the front lights point down way lower than normal it made driving at night a nightmare don't do it!
Thanks for the feedback. I imagine due to the weight the G was dumped in the front since it was 350z springs.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:03 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Bumping this thread. Can someone provide some feedback as well as pics if you dropped the front only? I'm fine with stance in the back but the front definitely needs a drop. Anyone?
Old 01-11-2011, 03:09 PM
TheIvoryG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
https://www.myg37.com/forums/picture...ing-shots.html

One of my favorite rides on this site...lowered with Tanabe front only...
Old 01-11-2011, 03:15 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
https://www.myg37.com/forums/picture...ing-shots.html

One of my favorite rides on this site...lowered with Tanabe front only...

Sweet, it looks good with his 20's. I wonder if anyone has done it with the stock 19's? I guess I would have to buy the whole kit since they don't sell springs for the fronts only (unless anyone has some tanabe fronts laying around.......)? I wonder how the alignment would be effected?

Last edited by AroundTheG37; 01-11-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Has Anyone lowered front only?