GTSPEC Rear Subframe 6 Points, Front Subframe 2/4 points, Rear Tie Brace ***********

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 02:49 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks Mark...
Old 12-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by GTSPEC-MARK
2. No, our brace are not totally hallow. We added THREE reinforce beams inside for more rigidity compare to other manufactures who just use either hallow or dual beams.

Thatis what I meant when I said hollow. I know that there has to be internal reinforcement to make it so strong with such light weight. I meant that it wasn't a solid chunk of metal, I suppose I used the incorrect choice of words. I've never had GT Spec bracing, but they look very solid. It's definitely in my future because I know from previous cars that these make a huge difference in stiffness which affects ride and handling.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:08 PM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hurry hurrryyy
Old 12-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Skyline-LEXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks mark for input.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:04 PM
J.Oh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggestion on what to get. List them from top to bottom (priority).

1. Rear M Shape Brace + Rear 2 Point Tie Brace
This will be the first 2 brace to get. These two braces tie the lateral arm and control arm together. These two braces act almost like a sway bar. We have tested the same braces on 350Z and the most effective brace so far.

2. Rear 6 point subframe brace
Because it's a bit pricey, that's why I list this brace as #2. If budget allow, this brace is a great addition. The brace link the rear subframe to the chassis. It added three extra reinforcement points per side. It's a 5 piece kit thus a higher price than rest of the braces.

3. Fender Brace

Fender brace ties the front engine compartment to your mid chassis. Known to be used on many track car, it provided extra reinforcement for the front of your car.

4. Front subframe tie brace 2/4 point.
I list this lower than the rest mainly because the front subframe are already very stiff. These two braces reinforce the existing mounting points. It still provide added reinforcement but not as much advantage compare to the rest of the braces.

5. Front subframe left + right tie brace

This brace is the last on the list because it's a significantly smaller brace compare to the rest. However, it does added two extra reinforcement points to the front subframe, but compare to the rest of the braces that's available, this brace has less effect.

Everyone will ask "how much" more advantage do you have compare to stock. It's really hard to measure and give you an exact number. I believe there are no set standard on how to measure it.

You really have to try it and feel how much more these brace will help the total driving experience. We can guarantee that you will come back for more once you have tried them
thats whats on my car atm..... + a FTSB and the 6pt as soon as its in production
Old 12-12-2008, 06:35 AM
bunluvsvw

some more pictures with most of the brace installed.

Hi Mark, Im interested in both of the rear bars, but on your website it states that it will only fit with selective exhaust. I have a Greddy Ti C, do you know if its going to be a problem? Need to know before I order. Im already a bit dissapointed with your rubbing strut bar.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:43 AM
GTSPEC-MARK

Originally Posted by bunluvsvw
Hi Mark, Im interested in both of the rear bars, but on your website it states that it will only fit with selective exhaust. I have a Greddy Ti C, do you know if its going to be a problem? Need to know before I order. Im already a bit dissapointed with your rubbing strut bar.
We will take some measurement for the M brace later today. Putting it on a G37 with aftermarket exhaust.

As for the front strut brace, sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, that's the lowest we can make the brace to clear the engine cover. I will look into supplying some sort of padding material in the future with the strut brace.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:54 PM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

We will take some measurement for the M brace later today. Putting it on a G37 with aftermarket exhaust.

As for the front strut brace, sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, that's the lowest we can make the brace to clear the engine cover. I will look into supplying some sort of padding material in the future with the strut brace.
everything fitting with magnaflow?? or ur not sure yet ???
Old 12-12-2008, 03:03 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Id like to know if they fit the Fast Intentions CF exhaust... Send me the bar and Ill try it and let all the peeps with FI exhaust know... w00t! great Idea Ben... w00t!
Old 12-12-2008, 06:30 PM
GTSPEC-MARK

Fender Brace Installed.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:33 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
that looks like a very nice fitment.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Skyline-LEXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks really nice~
Old 12-12-2008, 08:23 PM
jnguyen

Fender Brace Installed.

that look really badass but how do you get under the fender!
Old 12-12-2008, 08:26 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
you just take the fender off
Old 12-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Scoobyj

Take the fender off? 25 lbs? I got to stop drinking all that beer!!

Quick Reply: GTSPEC Rear Subframe 6 Points, Front Subframe 2/4 points, Rear Tie Brace ***********