GTSPEC Rear Subframe 6 Points, Front Subframe 2/4 points, Rear Tie Brace ***********

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 09:23 AM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by homelessdrunk
when ever you come to my house!
ill call you later, we will do it 2day some time...its warm out
Old 12-10-2008, 11:53 AM
ParkStr8

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey...i'm over on G35Driver more than here... here is the thread about you guys.

http://g35driver.com/forums/g35-seda...hrough-us.html

I can guarantee you about 20 units or more for us 07/08 sedan owners. We've all been waitiing for a long time.

GT - you should post over there with the good news.

-s-
Old 12-10-2008, 12:30 PM
paulg35s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I almost had to sleep @ GT Spec yesterday. My car got stuck on the lift. :x

The bars really do look great. The test drive was really promising.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:27 PM
GTSPEC-MARK

Hi guys:

Thanks for the support. We have the fender brace pending test fit, should be later this week. As for the mid chassis brace, we haven't finish R&D on that yet, hopefully next month.

Paul:

Sorry about that .. hahaha ...LL
Old 12-10-2008, 03:23 PM
1SickVeilsideZ

Just picked mine up from Riverside Infiniti! Those guys rock! I was waiting for them to come in and I must say I am very happy with them! Great product well worth the money!
Old 12-10-2008, 03:38 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GTSPEC-MARK
Hi guys:

Thanks for the support. We have the fender brace pending test fit, should be later this week. As for the mid chassis brace, we haven't finish R&D on that yet, hopefully next month.

Paul:

Sorry about that .. hahaha ...LL
RAV and GTMARK... Check your PMs... thanks
Old 12-10-2008, 04:17 PM
GTSPEC-MARK

Fender brace pics ... install pics should be available later this week.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Skyline-LEXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how heavy are those bars? seems like we are adding alot of weight. Do we need every single one of them? If not... which ones will be just enough?
Old 12-10-2008, 08:48 PM
SubSurface

^Same question^.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I'm 99.99% sure that they are all hollow; every one I've had before is. They have very minimal weight.

I have a Tanabe front under brace that looks exactly like the 4th picture down and it weighs less than a pound for sure, maybe 10 or 11 ounces.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:14 PM
SubSurface

Thank you for the weight information. Now, how about the second part of the inquiry, "Do we need every single one of them? If not... which ones will be just enough?"

Perhaps someone will put together a package and group buy.?.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:36 AM
Skyline-LEXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ 1+
Old 12-11-2008, 10:51 AM
bunluvsvw

I have the Gt Spec Strut bar and I cant believe how light that thing is, Its pretty scary how weightless it seems but yet, Im pretty sure it can crack your skull in half if I used it like a baseball bat. lol. But anywayz. how many damn bars does our car need. you guys make it seem like we got a pos hyundai that didnt get any bracings from the factory. lol
Old 12-11-2008, 02:34 PM
GTSPEC-MARK

1. The total weight for these braces (approximately) around 25 lbs. That's 8 braces total. Less than your spare tires.

2. No, our brace are not totally hallow. We added THREE reinforce beams inside for more rigidity compare to other manufactures who just use either hallow or dual beams.

3. It's not that the G37 does not have enough bracing, but rather an improvement over the stock setup. These added brace will give you more advantage on turns that the stock G37 will have.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:46 PM
GTSPEC-MARK

Suggestion on what to get. List them from top to bottom (priority).

1. Rear M Shape Brace + Rear 2 Point Tie Brace
This will be the first 2 brace to get. These two braces tie the lateral arm and control arm together. These two braces act almost like a sway bar. We have tested the same braces on 350Z and the most effective brace so far.

2. Rear 6 point subframe brace
Because it's a bit pricey, that's why I list this brace as #2. If budget allow, this brace is a great addition. The brace link the rear subframe to the chassis. It added three extra reinforcement points per side. It's a 5 piece kit thus a higher price than rest of the braces.

3. Fender Brace

Fender brace ties the front engine compartment to your mid chassis. Known to be used on many track car, it provided extra reinforcement for the front of your car.

4. Front subframe tie brace 2/4 point.
I list this lower than the rest mainly because the front subframe are already very stiff. These two braces reinforce the existing mounting points. It still provide added reinforcement but not as much advantage compare to the rest of the braces.

5. Front subframe left + right tie brace

This brace is the last on the list because it's a significantly smaller brace compare to the rest. However, it does added two extra reinforcement points to the front subframe, but compare to the rest of the braces that's available, this brace has less effect.

Everyone will ask "how much" more advantage do you have compare to stock. It's really hard to measure and give you an exact number. I believe there are no set standard on how to measure it.

You really have to try it and feel how much more these brace will help the total driving experience. We can guarantee that you will come back for more once you have tried them

Last edited by GTSPEC-MARK; 12-11-2008 at 02:50 PM.

Quick Reply: GTSPEC Rear Subframe 6 Points, Front Subframe 2/4 points, Rear Tie Brace ***********