Corner Balancing

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Corner Balancing

I finally went to Cars and Concepts and had some work done. They raised up my coils a bit, installed my SPC camber kit, corner balanced and alignment.

My car feels sooo much better, handles like a beast, no rubbing issues and my tires should last allot longer because my camber is basically back within factory spec.

I give Cars and Concepts the big

Anyone considering doing corner balance, I highly recomend doing it. They free up al the linkage that most peeple dont srew with when lowering their car, even weigh you to balance the car with you driving.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Specs attached for BC coils and SPC camber kit. Kinda hard to read...sorry.

I think I may want to go back to a little more neg camber, I actually like they way it looked better that way. Just hell on the tire wear.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Alignment.pdf (65.8 KB, 217 views)
Old 12-06-2008, 02:22 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i need to read up on corner balancing
Old 12-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Its a good idea if you plan on tracking your car or even for aggressive street driving.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:21 PM
bfranks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just me, or is that scan totally unreadable?
Old 12-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

No it is really hard to read. I think their printer sucks a big one. Let me see if there is anything I can do.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:27 PM
bfranks

Ahh...thought maybe it was a bad scan. If the original is hard to read, then really not much you can do .

Here is a bit on corner balancing. It's geared toward the NSX, but you get the idea.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

^^I will see if I can get them to send me the original doc to print myself, should be better quality.

Nice find on the explanation of corner balancing. Thanks
Old 04-12-2010, 11:39 AM
oreoleo

insane bump. I was talking to a shop that does corner balancing and alignment. They told me to stay away from corner balancing, as it's geared toward track duty. They said the heights of the car would look really messed up, and race cars with adjustable body panels only counter that.

Is this true? I honestly don't think so. I'm a pretty aggressive street driver, and hopefully start some autoXing. Does anyone have a picture of their G corner balanced from different angles. Is the car "leaning forward" or backwards?
Thanks
Old 04-12-2010, 01:00 PM
colburs

yes it's true but to an extent. Variability of the fender heights depends on the corner weight situation of the car. A straight, mass produced, unibody car shouldn't have too much variability to it. In my experience (not on a G37)a 1/4" here or there should do it and that was with an older car that had lots of hand labor in it. Those were much more varied.

If the car's been in an accident and has aligment problems (chassis and/or suspension) then you'll get more variability.

I wouldn't corner weight a pure street car. There's no real point. Too many variables in everyday driving to make it worth the time/money. Plus it could go out of whack pretty quickly.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by oreoleo
insane bump. I was talking to a shop that does corner balancing and alignment. They told me to stay away from corner balancing, as it's geared toward track duty. They said the heights of the car would look really messed up, and race cars with adjustable body panels only counter that.

Is this true? I honestly don't think so. I'm a pretty aggressive street driver, and hopefully start some autoXing. Does anyone have a picture of their G corner balanced from different angles. Is the car "leaning forward" or backwards?
Thanks
The car's height is adjusted at each corner so that the cross weights are the same. Depending on the car's balance from the factory, you could end up with the front left being 1/2" higher than the front right... pretty noticable.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:32 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by colburs
yes it's true but to an extent. Variability of the fender heights depends on the corner weight situation of the car. A straight, mass produced, unibody car shouldn't have too much variability to it. In my experience (not on a G37)a 1/4" here or there should do it and that was with an older car that had lots of hand labor in it. Those were much more varied.

If the car's been in an accident and has aligment problems (chassis and/or suspension) then you'll get more variability.

I wouldn't corner weight a pure street car. There's no real point. Too many variables in everyday driving to make it worth the time/money. Plus it could go out of whack pretty quickly.
Can you elaborate on the variables and how it could go out of whack?
Old 04-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Can you elaborate on the variables and how it could go out of whack?
Same way your alignment goes out of whack street driving.

IMO, cornerbalancing a street car is only worth it if you will not be changing your suspension setup anytime soon.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:02 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Yeah my front right was about .25" higher when the car sat with no one in it but once I got in the car it was balanced...go figure. The stance on my car is good, no jacked up rear or anything wierd but I agree it was probably overkill for how litttle I actully track my car. But it does handle prety friggin good overall though. I hit on/off ramps at 90 all the time....er um I mean at whatever the posted speed is.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:10 AM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidcane
Yeah my front right was about .25" higher when the car sat with no one in it but once I got in the car it was balanced
Fattie.

Just playing, haha. Mine probably looks uneven after I get in.

Quick Reply: Corner Balancing