So E I B A C H Lowering Springs are now out!! Whose gettin these?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 03:07 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
BAD NEWS GUYS! I just came back from Infiniti Dealership the tech was honest enough to tell me that he cannot align the car because the camber is off (that was after he took the car in) he also told me he was probably able to bring ONLY the toe up but he wasnt to sure. He did mentioned to get camber n toe for the front and rear from STILLEN (yes he knew about them). So there you have it for those of you who had doubts and those who thought you dont need alignment because your wheel looks straight think again...
Old 08-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BooSa37
BAD NEWS GUYS! I just came back from Infiniti Dealership the tech was honest enough to tell me that he cannot align the car because the camber is off (that was after he took the car in) he also told me he was probably able to bring ONLY the toe up but he wasnt to sure. He did mentioned to get camber n toe for the front and rear from STILLEN (yes he knew about them). So there you have it for those of you who had doubts and those who thought you dont need alignment because your wheel looks straight think again...
Stillen only has a rear camber kit, if I'm not mistaken. I wonder how far the front goes out of spec?
Old 08-19-2008, 03:35 PM
BooSa37

Yea i just checked stillen n i noticed the same thing. I dont know but my fronts do not look straight anymore...
Old 08-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Taktix1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a little confused with this whole issue of front and rear camber. I understand that by lowering the car, you are losing some contact point with the tires and the pavement. Camber corrects this issue right? So what exactly would I need after this drop to completely correct that issue? I guess im confused about what camber and toe really mean. So does this hint that we'd need camber kits, front AND rear?
Old 08-19-2008, 03:43 PM
BooSa37

Originally Posted by Taktix1
I'm a little confused with this whole issue of front and rear camber. I understand that by lowering the car, you are losing some contact point with the tires and the pavement. Camber corrects this issue right? So what exactly would I need after this drop to completely correct that issue? I guess im confused about what camber and toe really mean. So does this hint that we'd need camber kits, front AND rear?
Im confused also...anyone help???? but he did mention my front wheels are not making fully contact with the pavement so he said i might be seeing some tire wear around 7000 miles but since i dont drive the car everyday i can bump that up to 10000 maybe? I would said get the complete rear camber & toe kit for now it will help your tires to even out with the pavement.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camber_angle
Old 08-20-2008, 09:14 AM
Ahujadaddy

i LOVE to have a lil negative camber, helps on the corners. If you have too much, your car can get a bit squirmy in the heavy rain and snow.

If anything, my tires wear fast on the outside... so the negative camber would help even thing out. If you dont like to enjoy curves and corners in your car... you MAY notice uneven wear.

Btw... the car comes from the factory with a slightly negative camber since this supposed to be a luxury sports car, or GT car.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Hpauto
Banned

Just a lil tidbit of info....also check your tire pressure. Its one of the most tedious things to do as we all know but improper tire pressure will chew your tires out super fast. Although this variable seems small compared to the camber......every lil bit helps as we all know the tires arent cheap.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Ahujadaddy

amen to that... and im also very **** about tire pressure. i got a digital pressure gauge to check that frequently.

i've even been known to randomly check my friend's tires when they are not looking and tell them if they are low. lol

good tip. thanks
Old 08-20-2008, 06:38 PM
BooSa37

Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
i LOVE to have a lil negative camber, helps on the corners. If you have too much, your car can get a bit squirmy in the heavy rain and snow.

If anything, my tires wear fast on the outside... so the negative camber would help even thing out. If you dont like to enjoy curves and corners in your car... you MAY notice uneven wear.

Btw... the car comes from the factory with a slightly negative camber since this supposed to be a luxury sports car, or GT car.
Mines just seems to have a little bit which is fine with me regardless I love how the car drives and handles......
I'll stay on top of my tire pressure all the time thanks for the input tho'. by the way NOOB question there is no way we can check our tire pressure using the mid? correct or wrong?
Old 08-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Ahujadaddy

Originally Posted by BooSa37
Mines just seems to have a little bit which is fine with me regardless I love how the car drives and handles......
I'll stay on top of my tire pressure all the time thanks for the input tho'. by the way NOOB question there is no way we can check our tire pressure using the mid? correct or wrong?
What is mid ?
Old 08-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Ahujadaddy

LOOKIE here what i just got in the MAIL today!!!

DOMO

Old 08-20-2008, 10:49 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
was there or is there a GB on these springs?
Old 08-20-2008, 11:12 PM
BooSa37

The instrument control on the cluster where the temp, mpg etc are displayed..
Old 08-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
was there or is there a GB on these springs?
Check the vendor thread, i'm doing a two week special or until i run out

here's the link. https://www.myg37.com/forums/supporting-vendors/184266-eibach-pro-kit-and-spc-rear-camber-combo-special-from-amplified-motorsport.html

Just incase you guys are wondering if you need the camber kit. Here were my specs when i dropped my car with the less agressive tanabe springs

before: left rear: -2.6 right rear: -2.4
after: left rear: -2.1, right rear: -2.1
thats all they can do on the with the stock camber arm.

Im installing the camber arm on my car this week so i can get my rear re-alligned before i wear out my Dunlops

Quick Reply: So E I B A C H Lowering Springs are now out!! Whose gettin these?