3.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

What are the best coilovers and why?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 02:27 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey DiamondGCoupe, can you add Motons to the poll? Hopefully you see this.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:54 PM
xyz
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steven at JIC

"JIC Magic"

I am truely hurt guys.....
I think he's referring to the spelling?
Old 08-06-2008, 12:58 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

He is whining about the - ?

lol...I just saw the j instead of a g. Hey Steven, it can be fixed for a nice little coupon for say....25% off a JIC set for the G37. Sound good? I give great reviews; 100x better than Max's reviews also!

Last edited by bboysteele; 08-06-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:12 PM
The1andOnly

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
I'd venture to say many want coilovers just to lower their car the right way. Tanabe's solution will maintain stock ride and make this cheaper then anyone else from what were hearing.
The only reason why they're cheaper is because the particular model they are about to release only adjusts ride height.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:34 PM
xyz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bboysteele

lol...I just saw the j instead of a g. Hey Steven, it can be fixed for a nice little coupon for say....25% off a JIC set for the G37. Sound good? I give great reviews; 100x better than Max's reviews also!
any discount for finding the spelling mistake???
Old 08-07-2008, 01:54 PM
The1andOnly

He'll just give you a free license plate holder .
Old 08-20-2008, 04:56 PM
randomdj

:stands on soap box:

It depends on how often you plan on tracking the car. Coilovers are great investment if you go to the track at least once a month or are use to driving on a track setup.

For a car that’s mainly a daily driver-
Upgrade sway bars, strut bars, control arms and get a rear camber kit. Throw in some progressive rate springs that are designed around the stock struts dampening and you’ll have an awesome handling car. Swift makes great progressive springs.

If you’re going to be tracking the car-
There are lots of different options for coilovers. Just like everything else you buy for your car, you get what you pay for (to a point).

The TS coilovers are really nice. For 4K, I’d expect them to have independent dampening/compression adjustment with an external reservoir. Keep in mind that a good portion of that cost comes from the fact that a TS engineer came up with specs for the coilovers had a manufacturer build them and the fact that your getting coilovers from an ‘exclusive’ tuning house in Japan. 4K really isn’t that much for a coilover setup. I’ve personally spent up to 10K to set up a car could easily go north of that depending on the users wants.

The KWs are great coilovers. I’ve talked to those guys numerous times and agree with their suspension philosophies more than most. The only thing I wish they had were front camber plates and pillow ball mounts in the rear, but you can’t beat them for the price and comfort.

The JICs are good as well. The only problem I’ve ever had with installing JICs is that they have a tendency to clunk. It has nothing to do with them being faulty, it’s just the way they are.

I’m going to reserve comment on companies like BC and Megan Racing. Even though the CWest S2000 runs BC coilovers and wins time attacks left and right. It’s winning for more than it’s coilover setup.

If you’re looking for the best of the best-
Start thinking about companies like DMS, Moton and if you’re a real baller and hardcore track enthusiast Penske. I can’t see them developing products for this platform until the 370z comes out and people start using them to race.

:gets off soapbox:
Old 08-20-2008, 10:55 PM
Da Hashi

JIC MAGIC!! ride quality is great not too stiff on hwy but if you want to track it jus turn it up....my settings are about the middle 9 frt 8 rear went little stiffer in front to keep it from diving under hard breaking.....good stuff... great service from JIC staff( unless you need a sticker from steve LOL J/K steve)second i think would be cusco....never had or heard anything good about anything else as far as product support and service
Old 08-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Steven at JIC

Originally Posted by bboysteele

Originally Posted by xyz
any discount for finding the spelling mistake???
Ahahah, Talk to Lou about that one!

Originally Posted by The1andOnly
He'll just give you a free license plate holder .
Yup I could do that, its the most amazing license plate holder. Its JDM so by putting it on, along with some JIC coilovers, you gain 50WHP!

Originally Posted by Da Hashi
JIC MAGIC!! ride quality is great not too stiff on hwy but if you want to track it jus turn it up....my settings are about the middle 9 frt 8 rear went little stiffer in front to keep it from diving under hard breaking.....good stuff... great service from JIC staff( unless you need a sticker from steve LOL J/K steve)second i think would be cusco....never had or heard anything good about anything else as far as product support and service

I'M SORRY!!!!! Still haven't had a chance to get those decals.
One of these days.......

DOMO
-Steven-
DOMO
Old 08-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Steven at JIC

Yoshie Shuyama?
Old 09-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BiscuitWeasel
I know diddly about coilovers but when I was at Tadashi's getting the ECU reprogrammed I had a long talk with Yoshie about suspension and she said that Japanese coilovers are designed for the track and that if used on the street they will wear out prematurely. Has to do with the damping rates. For what it's worth...
That being said, i don't know how true that is but all coilovers will eventually wear out just like any other shock/strut. Best part about the coilover companies that can actually re-valve in house like JIC-Magic is that if they do go out, it won't take 3-4 months to get the rebuilt, only about a week. Some companies have to sent them back to manufacturer overseas to get them rebuilt.

I have a COP friend that used JIC-MAGIC on his street/track subaru STI and it went out after 65,000 miles. I say thats pretty good. He went back to JIC and it rebuilt in a week
Old 09-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I’m going to reserve comment on companies like BC and Megan Racing. Even though the CWest S2000 runs BC coilovers and wins time attacks left and right. It’s winning for more than it’s coilover setup.

I just wanted to comment on the ^^^ . The CWEST s2000 is not running BC racing coils, The BC sponsor is Brian Crower..... NOT BC RACING

From what i read on SUPER STREET, The coils used are Tein coils modified with Mugen Bushing
Old 09-01-2008, 10:25 PM
LAG37

i would say KW because they are extremely well known and get great rep...
if i were to go coils i would definitely go KW all the way
Old 09-02-2008, 10:21 AM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by ampdG37

I just wanted to comment on the ^^^ . The CWEST s2000 is not running BC racing coils, The BC sponsor is Brian Crower..... NOT BC RACING

From what i read on SUPER STREET, The coils used are Tein coils modified with Mugen Bushing
you are correct my friend.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:32 AM
SNOOPLBC

JIC FTW...not much exp with coils but i have the JIC and i can't imagine anything better than these