People who have rattling issues with the BC Coilovers PLEASE POST IN HERE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 04:25 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the update, Pete.

I'll try to get under there and take a pic for you tonight.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Pete@BC

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by finagle69
Thanks for the update, Pete.

I'll try to get under there and take a pic for you tonight.
Thanks. I want to help get this resolved as soon as I can.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:05 PM
1BADV6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine continues to nag me. It has moved from what I called a rattle to a thunk or pop. Before it sounded like something was loose and moved for a second after hitting the bump. Now it is just a solid thunk on many of the bumps in my daily commute. Thanks for sticking with it and I hope you find something out with the test car.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:07 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT ....

so we know its not a preload issue now... great!

progress is what i like seeing... I hope to be rattle free soon.!!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:32 PM
IP37

heard some noises today.. sounded like more of a squeak though
who knows what it was. maybe i ran over one of the dog's toys lol
Old 09-10-2008, 01:23 AM
finagle69

sorry guys. I wasn't able to take a pic tonight. I spent time trying to assertain the damage to my car from my recent rear ending and found that my new amp is screwed up...
Old 09-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Pete@BC

Hey guys,

just another followup. I spoke with Jeremy at Performance Factory and I'll be stopping by to view a G with no suspension changes made.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:48 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Pete@BC
Hey guys,

just another followup. I spoke with Jeremy at Performance Factory and I'll be stopping by to view a G with no suspension changes made.
oh wow is that the one that is being TTd ... snag some sneak peak pics bro... if your sneaky enough...
Old 09-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Pete@BC

K,

We got Dans car in this evening. We'll be starting on it tommorow. A few things we will be doing is checking the upper strut area of the vehicle to see if there is any structual changes on it. Checking his preload to see where it was at. I looked at it last time and saw it was good, springs snug. Since the noise was coming from high up, I never verified how much preload was put on. We will be trying a rubber gasket on the top mount and also changing to a rear rubber mount instead of pillow ball for testing.

I want to clear some things up that I have seen or heard people say. The rear is the same as G35 and 350Z which have been out since 03. The only changes were made on the front of the 37. The comments have stated that we did no r&d before releasing, which is not so. The vehicles tested did not have any issues, and was a simple r&d testing since we aren't really reinventing the wheel here. Since the simple advise given did not fix the issue, it could be a few other factors. Pillowballs can create or generate some noise. On our systems we've had great feedback on how quite they are. Only here have there been issues. We have had some mentioned on the wrx forums, but those have been shown that subaru since the release of that vehicle has had issues with stock suspension. If it's a flaw on our end I will make sure all customers will be taken care of.

K, getting on track here. One thing I noticed on Dans vehicle coming back was the noise generated sounds almost like someone closed the trunk of the car. That's the thunk I'm hearing so far. What was odd, it seems to do it twice everytime. Like, thunk, thunk. Has anyone else noticed this? Or is the sound different?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:36 PM
1BADV6

That's why I called it a rattle instead of a thunk Pete. Mine has moved from the "double" to just a single thunk now, but same area and situation to create the noise. I'm sure glad you are hearing this now, as I was beginning to think that we'd never get a result. Thanks for staying on it and hope you get it worked out now that you have a car in hand. That is awesome that someone let you have their car and also you provided them with a rental...nice touch.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Pete@BC

Originally Posted by 1BADV6
That's why I called it a rattle instead of a thunk Pete. Mine has moved from the "double" to just a single thunk now, but same area and situation to create the noise. I'm sure glad you are hearing this now, as I was beginning to think that we'd never get a result. Thanks for staying on it and hope you get it worked out now that you have a car in hand. That is awesome that someone let you have their car and also you provided them with a rental...nice touch.

Have you checked to see if the top plate is sitting flush or does it show any signs of a gap? We'll get everyone situated here shortly
Old 09-12-2008, 02:16 PM
1BADV6

No, I will check this weekend though. Work has been crazy.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:58 AM
symalik
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i will try to check mine this sunday. gonna try to adjust the preload again to make sure its all good. Will check the top plate as well.

I do have the double thunk by the way. blah some times so annoying.

Edit: Did not get time this weekend, damn rain and flooding.

Last edited by symalik; 09-15-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Pete@BC

Hey guys,

Just another update on what we've done. I went in on sunday to tinker with it a bit, since friday we were jam packed and sat I wasn't able. I took the rear shocks out and did a cutout of a 3m gasket. I went out this morning with it and thought I may have heard a similar sound, but wasnt' quite sure. It's definately better, so I called out one of my guys to go with me and assist with the test drive. Where I thought I may have heard it, I went up and down the same area and nothing. Atleast 5 times before I gave up on the spot and went around our area for 25 min. Down the street they are repaving in patches. I figuered the higher/lower changes would definately repeat the noise. As of now, no sound. Only change was that gasket between the tophat and the car itself. I have 3 sets that Danny cut out real quick. I'll be shipping to 3 individuals that can install quickly with a quick response on how it worked out. I only have the car till thursday. I'll express these out tommorow. Let me know who can do it quickly to help the community out on this. I also changed the tophat to a rear rubber this afternoon. I'll go for a test drive tommorow and see what happens with this. This doesn't have the gasket on it. Just want to try different variables. If you've pm'd me your address, just let me know on here your username and that you can do the gasket install. It should only take 10min per corner apart from the wheel removal.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:15 AM
finagle69

i'll have to pass Pete. my car is in the shop from being rear-ended.

Quick Reply: People who have rattling issues with the BC Coilovers PLEASE POST IN HERE!!!!