People who have rattling issues with the BC Coilovers PLEASE POST IN HERE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 04:24 PM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm hearing the clunking/knocking noise now, and I have a feeling my pre-load is off. Its very annoying and I hear it after every bump. Is it really bad for my struts, I really dont feel like blowing one?
Old 08-31-2008, 05:01 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
so glad i didnt purchase these....
Old 08-31-2008, 10:34 PM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bump
Old 09-04-2008, 01:39 PM
IP37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for those with rattles..

try this.. stop your car on a downward hill. then let off your brakes to get the car rolling a little, then hit your brakes fast to stop the car quick. see if you hear anything then and if its the same sound or not

also, have you tried setting your dampening to something low like 10 clicks maybe to see if it makes any difference?
Old 09-04-2008, 01:42 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Im rollin on full soft right now... still gots dem rattlez...
Old 09-04-2008, 01:56 PM
IP37

try what i said about the hill

i raised the *** of my car 1/4" yesterday and turned the dampening up a bit and i had some rattles.. not sure if they were from the coilovers though. i still have to play with it some more, but i think they're gone now

i do hear something though if i do the hill thing. i'll go back out later and take out the jack and the crap that sits inside the spare and try again. probably have someone stand outside the car too and see if they can figure out where its coming from
Old 09-04-2008, 11:43 PM
1BADV6

Did anyone receive those parts from BC to try so we can work this out?
Old 09-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Pete@BC

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok fellas,

I need some names and address to get this going. I returned on wed from a trip and those parts arrived while I was gone. Please pm me your full name and address. I'll get this rolling out today.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:22 AM
symalik
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
done.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:28 AM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
ditto.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:43 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Great... hope this shizzle works!!
Old 09-06-2008, 01:09 AM
SFLG35
FGC Central Florida BOD

alright guys i am goin to copy the post i just made on g35driver, about the same problem i am having. i have not read your entire thread so i dont know what has and has not been covered. here is what pete and i did all afternoon today:

alright guys i am hear to bring this thread back up to its original topic!!

today i finally made it over to bc in orlando from tampa, since i am the closest person to them that has had this problem, and i spent all afternoon from 4 to 9pm with pete at bc racing trying to get this figured out, why it was happening, and how we could solve it!!

i had the new rear spring setup for a few weeks and what gettin the knocking sound when i would hit a small bump in the road at a low speed. my knocking sound, sounds like it is coming from up high not at the spring!!

pete and i drove around so he could hear the nosie. we get back to the shop and take it all apart and check several things, one of them being the preload. since i had sufficent amount of preload we determined that was not the case.

so then we switched my rears to the old setup and went from the 10k spring to a 12k spring. we put those in and put it all back together, and went on another drive. knockings sound was still there, still sounding like it was up high and not down low.

get back to the shop, take it apart again and try to decide what to do next. we decided that the spring loaded adjusters sound like the could be making the noise. maybe from hitting the body of the car. so we take the adjusters off completely and go drive around again.

noise is still there, so we get back to the shop and take it all apart again. next we decide to look at the pillowball maybe that is moving too much and knocking on the allen heads on the inside, but we can not find any marks anywhere!! so since we have the upper plate off of the shock now, we think that hey maybe its moving around and bumping into the bolts. so we test fit it up and see that there is a lot of play in it, as the holes in the plate are larger than the bolts. so we found something that would fit snuggly around the bolt and inside the hole. luckily we found some thing and mounted the plate back up there, and it fit like a charm. didnt move at all, so we put everything back together and went for another drive. noise still occurs!!

once again back at the shop, we take it all apart. we decide that maybe since there is a small gap between the upper plate and the body that maybe its hitting there when going over a low speed bump and causing the noise. by this time it is now 9pm, so we decide to call it quits. pete is goin to look into getting some thin rubber like gaskets (like those that go on the upper spring mount between it and the car body) made to go between the upper plate and the car body, to see if this will solve the problem. hopefully it will!!

maybe you guys that are having the problem can look to see if you have a very thin gap between the plate and the body.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:10 AM
SFLG35
FGC Central Florida BOD

also for the person that asked if the kits were different, they are not.

the same upper plate is used on all 350z, g35, and g37 kits!! that is why it is weird that no 350z guys and very few g35 guys are having the problem, but there are several with g37s that are having the problem.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:10 AM
SFLG35
FGC Central Florida BOD

in this picture you can see the little rubber pad at the top of the preload adjuster for the rear springs. this is what we are thinking might need to be added to the upper plate on the shocks. hopefully it will work!!

Old 09-06-2008, 03:19 AM
symalik
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
atleast some progress is made. A lot of stuff ruled out which is good! keep us updated

Quick Reply: People who have rattling issues with the BC Coilovers PLEASE POST IN HERE!!!!