People who have rattling issues with the BC Coilovers PLEASE POST IN HERE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 03:46 PM
w0ady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice to see pete still working on this. looking forward to hearing a resolution.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:00 PM
C@ciQ

Originally Posted by Pete@BC
Hey everyone,

I just recieved notice that Xander send a link in to us about this. I want everyone to know that we have addressed this issue to a few of your fellow board members. There has to be a mutal hand in this to help all the rest of the members here. I have sent quite a few of rear rubber mounts to have this tested by g37 owners. This has been over 2-3 months since the first set went out to MaxG37. If I or no one here on the board gets feedback whether this eliminated the noise, then it gets us no where. Theres a member here that is in florida, I offered him to bring the car in. That hasn't been done either.

If you are one of the candidates chosen to test the rear, and have installed.

PLEASE post your results or contact me. Let us know
Im from Fl but is about 900 miles round trip.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Pete@BC

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll personally be down in Miami for christmas or on the 20th I may be down for HIN. We can always meet up down there.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:53 PM
symalik
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pete,

I pm'd you a while back the results from the rubber gaskets. The rattle is still there after the rubber gasket install for over a month now. I myself think its something in the spring mounts as well and not the shock. I have checked the pre load over and over again and something still feels like its lose when I go over bumps so I have no idea. Let me know if you have something else to test that you want me to try.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Pete@BC

Originally Posted by symalik
Pete,

I pm'd you a while back the results from the rubber gaskets. The rattle is still there after the rubber gasket install for over a month now. I myself think its something in the spring mounts as well and not the shock. I have checked the pre load over and over again and something still feels like its lose when I go over bumps so I have no idea. Let me know if you have something else to test that you want me to try.
I did recieve the pm, thanks for following up on the gaskets. Those who tried the gaskets, pretty much had the same result. So the theory can be tossed. So I went ahead and ordered more rubber mounts. I should have those shortly. But I do have some info that may be helpful to a few of you that have time this weekend.

I recieved 2 more updates from others. Those 2 had the same noise, but found that one of the shocks top nut was a bit loose. If you have a chance, check to see if the 17mm top nut is tight. Please follow up here for all to see.

Thanks, Pete
Old 11-28-2008, 04:09 AM
symalik
Registered Member

is there a spec for how much torque to use for those? From what I checked they are pretty tight, I checked them a week after I installed the gaskets to re tighten everything thing, I will try to check it one more time this weekend.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:05 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
the stock shock top nut is supposed to be 22ft-lb. i'd assume the Bc would be similar, no?
Old 11-29-2008, 12:19 AM
SFLG35
FGC Central Florida BOD

hey guys
sorry for not posting back in a long time.

a few months back, i gave my car to pete to work on at his shop. when he had it at his shop, we came up with the rubber gasket idea, which we tried, but it didnt work.

a few weeks ago i received some replacement rubber mounts. when i put them one they took care of all of my rattling problems.

i recently received another set of rubber mounts for a friend of mine. his knock / rattle / clunk was 1000 times worse than mine. when we took his shocks off, we found that the nut on the top of the mount was loose, and that the pillow ball mount could move up and down. we took his mounts off and replaced them with the rubber mounts, and it fixed all his problems. i will tell him about this thread and see if he can post in it about his problems.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:03 AM
finagle69

thanks for posting. looks like we can get the ball rolling now. (no pun intended)
Old 11-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Sbeck

Originally Posted by SFLG35
hey guys
sorry for not posting back in a long time.

a few months back, i gave my car to pete to work on at his shop. when he had it at his shop, we came up with the rubber gasket idea, which we tried, but it didnt work.

a few weeks ago i received some replacement rubber mounts. when i put them one they took care of all of my rattling problems.

i recently received another set of rubber mounts for a friend of mine. his knock / rattle / clunk was 1000 times worse than mine. when we took his shocks off, we found that the nut on the top of the mount was loose, and that the pillow ball mount could move up and down. we took his mounts off and replaced them with the rubber mounts, and it fixed all his problems. i will tell him about this thread and see if he can post in it about his problems.

Yeah, we put the rubber mounts on and all the noise problems were fixed. My clunking was horrendously loud but Dan came through and we got it fixed.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:12 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
west sideeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 12-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Pete@BC

K fellas,

I ordered more last week. I'll have some here hopefully this week. Then we will get them distributed accordingly.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:39 PM
symalik
Registered Member

awesome. Can't wait to get this fixed. Please let us know if you need the address again.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:20 PM
finagle69

Great news, Pete. Thanks for staying on top of things.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:45 AM
symalik
Registered Member

Thanks Pete. Got them in the mail today. I just got a new house and will be moving this week/weekend. Hopefully will get time next weekend to try the new rubber pieces. Any special instructions?

Quick Reply: People who have rattling issues with the BC Coilovers PLEASE POST IN HERE!!!!