People who have rattling issues with the BC Coilovers PLEASE POST IN HERE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 12:55 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock springs and struts?

a good experiment would be to have a stock spring and BC struts, then reverse.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Xander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G37RacerX
Only the rears? I assume the noise went away??
Yes and Absolutely.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:09 AM
Xander

So after talking to some members on this forum, and after waiting for over 5 months for some sort of resolution, with no progress, I think it is time for us to more aggressively seek a reasonable solution.

BC racing needs to understand that the internet is a very powerful tool, and that most of our members participate in more than one forum, bad news spreads like wild fire and online feedback is make or break for many companies. I am giving an opportunity to BC racing and Performance Factory to address and resolve this problem in a timely fashion, let's say January 15th, 2009.

I look forward to working with you guys towards a reasonable solution.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:37 AM
mbonus

I think performance factory is closing the Orlando branch and joining up with another tuner in NC. http://g35driver.com/forums/forced-i...torsports.html

I don't know if they will be of any assistance regarding BC Racing
Old 11-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Pete@BC

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey everyone,

I just recieved notice that Xander send a link in to us about this. I want everyone to know that we have addressed this issue to a few of your fellow board members. There has to be a mutal hand in this to help all the rest of the members here. I have sent quite a few of rear rubber mounts to have this tested by g37 owners. This has been over 2-3 months since the first set went out to MaxG37. If I or no one here on the board gets feedback whether this eliminated the noise, then it gets us no where. Theres a member here that is in florida, I offered him to bring the car in. That hasn't been done either.

If you are one of the candidates chosen to test the rear, and have installed.

PLEASE post your results or contact me. Let us know
Old 11-25-2008, 11:42 AM
IP37

i'd be happy to test whatever solution you come up with

i've been hearing noises lately but i'm not sure they're the same noises everyone else is hearing. i wouldn't call it a rattle. might not even be from the coilovers though
Old 11-25-2008, 11:45 AM
bigpei

Originally Posted by Pete@BC
Hey everyone,

I just recieved notice that Xander send a link in to us about this. I want everyone to know that we have addressed this issue to a few of your fellow board members. There has to be a mutal hand in this to help all the rest of the members here. I have sent quite a few of rear rubber mounts to have this tested by g37 owners. This has been over 2-3 months since the first set went out to MaxG37. If I or no one here on the board gets feedback whether this eliminated the noise, then it gets us no where. Theres a member here that is in florida, I offered him to bring the car in. That hasn't been done either.

If you are one of the candidates chosen to test the rear, and have installed.

PLEASE post your results or contact me. Let us know
Pete you said you would sent a pair to me and i gave you my address, i have yet received them yet. i also explained to you, giovanni (glex25), and mark from GTSPEC about this issue and i have been waiting for a solution.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Pete@BC

Originally Posted by bigpei
Pete you said you would sent a pair to me and i gave you my address, i have yet received them yet. i also explained to you, giovanni (glex25), and mark from GTSPEC about this issue and i have been waiting for a solution.

I was limited on how many I had sent over for testing. I could not get this to everyone. Thats why the earlier I get feedback from the replacement, then we can proceed with everyone. There's no point on sending something to those with issues, if it doesn't solve the problem. I just got a call a bit after my post and one customer replaced them and it has eliminated the noise. If I can get more than 1 person stating this, i'll get the ball rolling on getting them out to all.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:23 PM
finagle69

I was limited on how many I had sent over for testing. I could not get this to everyone. Thats why the earlier I get feedback from the replacement, then we can proceed with everyone. There's no point on sending something to those with issues, if it doesn't solve the problem. I just got a call a bit after my post and one customer replaced them and it has eliminated the noise. If I can get more than 1 person stating this, i'll get the ball rolling on getting them out to all.
Pete, as I've posted before, the set of rubber gaskets you sent to me to be installed on Wezbian's car did not eliminate the noise at all. I had since gone to Home Depot and purchased Gasketing material to try to eliminate it as well with no success. Still rattles. I honestly suspect it's the spring mount.. not the shock.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:27 PM
bigpei

would upgrading from 8K rear springs to 10K help eliminate the problem?
Old 11-25-2008, 12:37 PM
G37RacerX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
I will post some pics of what I was sent... maybe that will help... still not installed tho as I have no exhaust on my car and its not runnin at the moment.
↑ This post was on 10/08/08 ↑ ... still no pics

Hey everyone,

I just received notice that Xander send a link in to us about this. I want everyone to know that we have addressed this issue to a few of your fellow board members. There has to be a mutual hand in this to help all the rest of the members here. I have sent quite a few of rear rubber mounts to have this tested by g37 owners. This has been over 2-3 months since the first set went out to MaxG37. If I or no one here on the board gets feedback whether this eliminated the noise, then it gets us no where.
thanks Ben

Ben (Max) has either tested with success/fail and not posted the results or is lying/assuming that the "fixes" sent to him will in fact eliminate the noise on the next car his used BC coilovers are installed upon, see here:

Pete, I am also still waiting for a reply as your last email said you'd be back from vacation on 11/17, but I can see from the replies added here today we're still waiting to see if the "fix" is a success or fail, finagle69 is indicating that it was a fail in his case...is that one fix and one fail so far?

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 11-25-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:44 PM
finagle69

you can count that as (2) fails as I installed similar gaskets on mine too.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Pete@BC

would upgrading from 8K rear springs to 10K help eliminate the problem?
Changing springs should not help, unless it was a binding issue. Which this does not sound like it is. If there is noise being translated by the spring, it would be because they aren't preloaded. Utlilizing the factory lower cushion and our rubber on the top adjustment would cushion to not allow any noise if properly loaded. If the springs are slightly loose, then they could create a rattle.

The customer that called earlier did try the gasket as well before trying the rubber top mount. The gasket didn't work, the rubber top hat did work for him.

Personally, I believe it has to be the top hat. We provide pillowball for the added perfomance value. Pillowballs will normally generate some noise, but it is possible that on the 37 it may be generating more than what is tollerable. I've kept an eye on the KW thread a bit and there is no noise issues, but they do not offer any tophats. Using the factory tophats would keep the noise level down. If the feedback returned is that the rubber tophats eliminate the noise, then we will have the g37's utilize our rubber tophats and offer the pillowball mounts to those who want to order those for track. Hopefully we can get some feedback here soon for everyone. I went ahead and authorized a few more of these to go out, so there will be a few more candidates that will be recieving the rubber mounts. Lets see if we can get those to post or call in to let us know how that went.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Pete@BC

Pete, I am also still waiting for a reply as your last email said you'd be back from vacation on 11/17, but I can see from the replies added here today we're still waiting to see if the "fix" is a success or fail, finagle69 is indicating that it was a fail in his case...is that one fix and one fail so far?
Finagle has been helpfull on what he recieved. He recieved the gaskets. No rubber mounts sent to him. As from his post, it looks like he went to get thicker gaskets.

The gasket was tested to see if there is a gap between the topmount and the mounting surface of the g37. That was to eliminate the theory that there could be some issues from the car itself. That has proven to be fine, so we are looking at it being noise generated through the suspension. Thats where the rubber mounts come into play.

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 11-25-2008 at 01:20 PM. Reason: fix quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:18 PM
finagle69

can you send rubber mounts my way? i can install promptly as previously done.

Quick Reply: People who have rattling issues with the BC Coilovers PLEASE POST IN HERE!!!!