People who have rattling issues with the BC Coilovers PLEASE POST IN HERE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 09:37 AM
symalik
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its not problems, just problem.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:42 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
For what it is worth, still no problems for me.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:08 AM
C@ciQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pete, I bought these coilovers and I all I had from them is the rattle. I bought them from Performance Factory. I have been trying to contact them but apparently the phone is out of service. Is not fair that few of us bought your product and there has been no properly handling of the claims. To resolve the problem the simple ways is to reimbursed or send a new set of coilovers to the affected customers before an accident happen due to malfunction of the equipment. I believed that the company will not refused to exchange a faulty product before the word get spread in the community.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Pete@BC

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chucky
front end clunks when I begin to turn the steering wheel either to the left or the right. This just started yesterday. I haven't done anything to the suspension but the BC's. I haven't checked it out yet, will try to get to that today.
There are no issues on the fronts. If you have a rattle it will be a loose endlink or preload. If you need help on how to do the preload let me know.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Pete@BC

Originally Posted by C@ciQ
Pete, I bought these coilovers and I all I had from them is the rattle. I bought them from Performance Factory. I have been trying to contact them but apparently the phone is out of service. Is not fair that few of us bought your product and there has been no properly handling of the claims. To resolve the problem the simple ways is to reimbursed or send a new set of coilovers to the affected customers before an accident happen due to malfunction of the equipment. I believed that the company will not refused to exchange a faulty product before the word get spread in the community.
The problem is if I send everyone a part to replace, and it does not solve the issue then it doesn't get anywhere. I sent a few items out to a few of the original posters. I have yet to hear back on the rubber mounts and only one person installed the gasket. If we don't recieve feedback, it doesn't help. I have yet to recieve a call on any of this. Only posting on forums. As for everyone has issues, not really. 'We have a huge following with a great amount of pleased customers. The ones with problems will always voice up. How many times going out to eat do you stop a manager and say. The service was excellent? How about if your food was cold? If you have a rattle, send me a email personally at pete@bcracing-na.com. I will replace the rear upper hat. If the customer is preloading correctly and the rattle is still there. Then it will be the pillowball or a bad install. With Sema around the corner, I unfortunately have been pulled away to deal with all those preparations. I havent had the opportunity to come in to the site during work hours.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:11 AM
C@ciQ

Originally Posted by Pete@BC
The problem is if I send everyone a part to replace, and it does not solve the issue then it doesn't get anywhere. I sent a few items out to a few of the original posters. I have yet to hear back on the rubber mounts and only one person installed the gasket. If we don't recieve feedback, it doesn't help. I have yet to recieve a call on any of this. Only posting on forums. As for everyone has issues, not really. 'We have a huge following with a great amount of pleased customers. The ones with problems will always voice up. How many times going out to eat do you stop a manager and say. The service was excellent? How about if your food was cold? If you have a rattle, send me a email personally at pete@bcracing-na.com. I will replace the rear upper hat. If the customer is preloading correctly and the rattle is still there. Then it will be the pillowball or a bad install. With Sema around the corner, I unfortunately have been pulled away to deal with all those preparations. I havent had the opportunity to come in to the site during work hours.
That's my point why we have to add a part that is not required on the original assembly. Is still an alteration to the product. Anyways if you delivered pictures of the correct preload that will be really appreciated it by the "rattlers" LOL. That noise is not nice in a new car. Is annoying like I remember my mom waking me up to go to school at 7am.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Pete@BC

Originally Posted by C@ciQ
That's my point why we have to add a part that is not required on the original assembly. Is still an alteration to the product. Anyways if you delivered pictures of the correct preload that will be really appreciated it by the "rattlers" LOL. That noise is not nice in a new car. Is annoying like I remember my mom waking me up to go to school at 7am.
With a rubber top hat, your replacing the pillowball not adding a part. It would be a replacement of the part. Also, let me stress the fact that a accident will not happen because of the pillowball.

For the rear preload it's simple. Set your height in the spring bucket. Put a jack under the hub and raise until the spring is no longer loose. Then raise an additional 1/4 inch. Now loosen the lower ring on the shock. Turn the shock cartridge by hand until you no longer can. This will shorten the shock cartridge to the proper length and maintain preload of the spring. There is a written guide here in the forum. I'll try to find the link.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Pete@BC

Let me also add that the rubber gasket that we sent out was yes a added part. But based on the idea the customer could be over loading the preload. When you preload on a vehicle like this you are using the vehicle to assit in this. If the upper strut mount is weak it could distort. That wouldn't be a flaw on our part, it would be a installerer error. We threw those out to see if it would help the customer. If your in florida, bring me the car. I'll personally fix it for you.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:32 AM
wheelsun

what about us with the megan racing coil overs? any help?
Old 10-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Pete@BC

Originally Posted by wheelsun
what about us with the megan racing coil overs? any help?
Megan is a totally different company. If your having problems with their product, they should address those issues.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:34 AM
C@ciQ

Originally Posted by Pete@BC
Let me also add that the rubber gasket that we sent out was yes a added part. But based on the idea the customer could be over loading the preload. When you preload on a vehicle like this you are using the vehicle to assit in this. If the upper strut mount is weak it could distort. That wouldn't be a flaw on our part, it would be a installerer error. We threw those out to see if it would help the customer. If your in florida, bring me the car. I'll personally fix it for you.
Where in Florida you at? PM the address and a phone number.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:41 PM
G37RacerX

Pete,
I sent you an email on the 21'st of October, must have been missed. I just sent another one to pete@bcracing-na.com. Maybe check your spam folder? Please also respond here so we know you are still here for us...

I'd like to try the additional parts you offered. Has anyone had any luck with them or received them yet?

Originally Posted by Xander
After putting on the new spring adjusters, with the rubber grommet and plastic piece the rattling is actually worse. Driving my car now is actually a pain in the ***, because of the ridiculous loudass rattle.

I'm going to put my stock stuff back on.

If there are only a handful of people out of the many that have purchased, it leads me to believe that we have a faulty product. The other companies that have similar products out, do not have the same problems. Other people that have purchased the same items do not have the same problem, I wish that this problem would have been addressed in a more expedient manner. I have a $55,000cdn car that I have not enjoyed to drive, since installing the coilovers.
Xander, did you put your stock stuff back in and if so, did the clunking/rattle go away?

Old 11-10-2008, 03:42 AM
Xander

Yup, I put the stock rears back in.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:46 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by G37RacerX

best bump ever that is ricky from the trailer park boys. lol
Old 11-10-2008, 12:50 PM
G37RacerX

Originally Posted by Xander
Yup, I put the stock rears back in.
Only the rears? I assume the noise went away??

Quick Reply: People who have rattling issues with the BC Coilovers PLEASE POST IN HERE!!!!