Attention All BC Racing Coilover Guys, Check your Rears--Possible Install Error...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 08:03 PM
caacosta
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pete@BC
I'm looking into the rattle situation. I'm trying to locate someone that isn't to far from our location. I don't believe it has anything to do with the rear shock since this utilizes the same as G35 and Z's. The only difference made in the rear is the spring assembly. But I will say, that this change was also made to the Z, G's also. Being there are roughly 50 G37 kits out, and much more of Z's and G's and from my count only 4 here mentioning there is a rattle noise, I'm still skeptical that it could be from the kit itself. Having the vehicle in front of me will help me diagnose what the problem could be. I'll be changing out Chads tommorow and do the write up to avoid any further confusion. As for one of the customers with the rattle, we are located in Orlando, Florida. Please let me know your locations and I'll work on bringing the car in or having myself get to your area.
+1 Might be a good excuse to come to LA! I'm having mine looked at again today.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:05 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
See I knew when Pete would get back on for a longer time and he would take care of things... If only the 250 didnt brake down this may have been avoided totally...
Old 06-04-2008, 08:35 PM
symalik
Registered Member

I'd like to know who else did this wrong.
me But have no problems with it so far. Will switch it to be safe anyways.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Ahujadaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for all the clarifications pete! good to see ur willingness to help.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:17 PM
1BADV6

I'm looking into the rattle situation. I'm trying to locate someone that isn't to far from our location. I don't believe it has anything to do with the rear shock since this utilizes the same as G35 and Z's. The only difference made in the rear is the spring assembly. But I will say, that this change was also made to the Z, G's also. Being there are roughly 50 G37 kits out, and much more of Z's and G's and from my count only 4 here mentioning there is a rattle noise, I'm still skeptical that it could be from the kit itself. Having the vehicle in front of me will help me diagnose what the problem could be. I'll be changing out Chads tommorow and do the write up to avoid any further confusion. As for one of the customers with the rattle, we are located in Orlando, Florida. Please let me know your locations and I'll work on bringing the car in or having myself get to your area.
I'm nowhere near Orlando. 'm in Northern KY.

There are 50 kits for G37's? All from this board? Haven't seen that many people posting about them.

If you have a suggestion about the rattle, I'd be more than happy to try something to resolve it. I can also take a video from inside my car with the rattle to see if it helps.

To help you diagnose, I have confirmed that carrying a passenger eliminates the rattle. So it is hard for me to have someone else drive and me sit in the back and listen for the precise location. If this helps any either, let me know what I can do.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:43 PM
IP37

Originally Posted by 1BADV6

There are 50 kits for G37's? All from this board? Haven't seen that many people posting about them.

If you have a suggestion about the rattle, I'd be more than happy to try something to resolve it. I can also take a video from inside my car with the rattle to see if it helps.

To help you diagnose, I have confirmed that carrying a passenger eliminates the rattle. So it is hard for me to have someone else drive and me sit in the back and listen for the precise location. If this helps any either, let me know what I can do.
park your car on level ground, and measure the distance from the floor up to the bottom of your fender on all 4 corners

just curious.

i measured mine in my driveway, and the passenger side has always been a little higher. when i first put them on it was about 1/2" higher, but after settling it ended up maybe 3/16 higher if i remember right. could be due to the driveway though. and my measurements on the actual suspension parts i'm pretty sure were dead on from side to side
Old 06-05-2008, 07:37 AM
Xander

Originally Posted by 1BADV6

I have the rattle regardless of having a passenger or not, with or without my stereo equipment (roughly 200lbs). This really sucks, I will have the install checked over again (for a third time.) Which is strange, as the shop that installed my coilovers are very reputable, and have a lot of experience. I will print off the posts here, and see what they think.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:25 AM
1BADV6

Originally Posted by IP37
park your car on level ground, and measure the distance from the floor up to the bottom of your fender on all 4 corners

just curious.

i measured mine in my driveway, and the passenger side has always been a little higher. when i first put them on it was about 1/2" higher, but after settling it ended up maybe 3/16 higher if i remember right. could be due to the driveway though. and my measurements on the actual suspension parts i'm pretty sure were dead on from side to side
I can do this again, however my installer measured all 4 corners like 20 times (because he's ****) to be sure I was riding absolutely straight. It's actually why my front is not as low as I'd like it, he had it sitting straight at all 4 corners.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:01 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Just looking for a status update on the write-up by BC.

Mine just got delivered today!
Old 06-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Write up will be up tomorrow. Pete just left my house a couple hours ago so it wont be tonight.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:23 AM
Xander

Originally Posted by Kidcane
Write up will be up tomorrow. Pete just left my house a couple hours ago so it wont be tonight.
Did he get everything resolved for you?
Old 06-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Pete@BC

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey everyone,

Just got in to the shop to drop off the tools and stuff. I'll have everything writen up in the morning and posted by noon. We had a few stops out by Kidcane to do and between our schedule and his work schedule made it out a bit later. As of now his didn't have any noise, and I expect not too. But he will be keeping all of us posted if so.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:14 AM
1BADV6

???

SO based on what I'm saying about the rattle you have NO ideas?
Old 06-06-2008, 10:03 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea Id like to know if you have an idea also? Maybe knowin what your thinkin would give me a direction to try to tweak them...

I dont think it has to do with strut position as I have lowered and increased the strut about 5 different times and 5 different lengths and the right rear is still there... Im think it may have something to do with the spring??

Just throwin that out there...
Old 06-06-2008, 10:58 AM
symalik
Registered Member

so every one's rattle is from the passenger side rear?

EDIT: Ah it is, I get a rattle from that side too, but only when going over bumps. blah, gonna check it out this weekend.

Last edited by symalik; 06-06-2008 at 11:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Attention All BC Racing Coilover Guys, Check your Rears--Possible Install Error...