Attention All BC Racing Coilover Guys, Check your Rears--Possible Install Error...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 03:43 PM
iansw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This did have me worried because I installed mine last weekend. Turns out I got lucky and installed the correct way.

Either way - thanks Pete for coming in here and owning up to your mistake.

I would think at this point now that it has been resolved any ongoing conversations/complaints/thrashing should be between the users who were advised to and/or had the install of their product wrong and Pete's team.

I personally am a big believer that if a company makes a mistake and then owns up to that mistake and takes care of the wronged customers - then that company is still a good company in my mind.

I think however a next step for all of us Pete is a comprehensive "how-to" guide ASAP so this doesn't re-occur in any way.

Thank you for being on top of this and coming here to apologise and correct.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
^^I agree. Really it appears I am the only one who is affected from the install issue and Pete is going to correct that and pay for my alignment so I am not bent at all. Mistakes happen and no one was hurt so whatever.

The only open issue now is the mystery rattle that a few people have. Hopefully that can be resolved as well.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:20 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidcane
^^I agree. Really it appears I am the only one who is affected from the install issue and Pete is going to correct that and pay for my alignment so I am not bent at all. Mistakes happen and no one was hurt so whatever.

The only open issue now is the mystery rattle that a few people have. Hopefully that can be resolved as well.
hopefully you don't get the rattle after your installation is fixed...
Old 06-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Ahujadaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's all about customer service. That's all. Comin in here finally, owning up to the mistake, taking steps to resolve it, etc.

I find it pretty damn funny all the haters out there that first said "they are too cheap so they are no good". Then when people had rattles they all said, "see thats what you get for buying cheap coil's", even though I insisted that they had to be installed wrong. Now that we confirmed they are installed wrong the peanut gallery says, "I wont buy them because they gave bad instructions".

WOW just WOW!
If people installing coils wrong is going to deter you from buying then you are an idiot.
If you just dont want that brand, that is fine.

How about all's well that ends well?
Old 06-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Ahujadaddy

Max, looks like u can AutoX this weekend! goodluck, have fun!!
Old 06-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
It's all about customer service. That's all. Comin in here finally, owning up to the mistake, taking steps to resolve it, etc.

How about all's well that ends well?
Well we will see tomorrow if all ends well.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Ahujadaddy

Well we will see tomorrow if all ends well.
I'm still not buying tho! Something about a rattle issue. Guess i'm still an idiot?
Old 06-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

If you say so.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:56 PM
oct2274

once the rattle has been tracked down and fixed I might consider buying these.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Black Guy

Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
I'm still not buying tho! Something about a rattle issue. Guess i'm still an idiot?
Originally Posted by oct2274
once the rattle has been tracked down and fixed I might consider buying these.
The rattle has only been on a few vehicles. More or less 5 out of the 50+++ kits sold. But im sure BC will track it down.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:47 PM
symalik
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sucks, guess I gotta switch mine around this weekend. I also have this sound i get only from the rear passenger side when I hit bumps, not sure if thats the rattle every one is talking about, but I will re torque everything again this weekend.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Pete@BC

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1BADV6
Because I have a rattle that sounds horrible, and I've checked all my bolts and can't find anything loose. Makes me wonder if there are other problems, hence the original post in the other thread that caused the uproar over improper installation which lead us here.
I'm looking into the rattle situation. I'm trying to locate someone that isn't to far from our location. I don't believe it has anything to do with the rear shock since this utilizes the same as G35 and Z's. The only difference made in the rear is the spring assembly. But I will say, that this change was also made to the Z, G's also. Being there are roughly 50 G37 kits out, and much more of Z's and G's and from my count only 4 here mentioning there is a rattle noise, I'm still skeptical that it could be from the kit itself. Having the vehicle in front of me will help me diagnose what the problem could be. I'll be changing out Chads tommorow and do the write up to avoid any further confusion. As for one of the customers with the rattle, we are located in Orlando, Florida. Please let me know your locations and I'll work on bringing the car in or having myself get to your area.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Pete@BC

Originally Posted by iansw
This did have me worried because I installed mine last weekend. Turns out I got lucky and installed the correct way.

Either way - thanks Pete for coming in here and owning up to your mistake.

I would think at this point now that it has been resolved any ongoing conversations/complaints/thrashing should be between the users who were advised to and/or had the install of their product wrong and Pete's team.

I personally am a big believer that if a company makes a mistake and then owns up to that mistake and takes care of the wronged customers - then that company is still a good company in my mind.

I think however a next step for all of us Pete is a comprehensive "how-to" guide ASAP so this doesn't re-occur in any way.

Thanks,

I'm not the type of person to pass on or cover for my mistakes. I'm human, we all make em. If I have caused anyone problems, I stand behind the product and am willing to help get everyone affected resolved. We want happy customers.

Now I do want to also state, that the brief instructions were never posted until yesterday. The only person I know having these put in upside down should be Kidcane. The generic instructions in the box are showing them the correct way. I'd like to know who else did this wrong.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Pete@BC

Originally Posted by iansw

I also want to state, this is the first mistake of this kind. All necessary measures are being taken for future documentation for this not to happen again.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:58 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Pete@BC
I'll be changing out Chads tommorow and do the write up to avoid any further confusion.
This is excellent news! I will be receiving and installing my coils this Friday. I hope you have this writeup done before then!

Quick Reply: Attention All BC Racing Coilover Guys, Check your Rears--Possible Install Error...