Attention All BC Racing Coilover Guys, Check your Rears--Possible Install Error...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 02:30 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thought this was very fitting
Old 06-04-2008, 04:04 AM
fireboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes very very very very very fitting
Old 06-04-2008, 04:54 AM
Pete@BC

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey everyone,

I was able to contact our reps overseas to go over this. Well I'm feeling like and idiot. It's hard to explain this without pictures, and I'm currently about to head back to Florida so I don't have access to any. I'll provide some later to better explain. Anyways, the G37, G35 and 350z rear platform are identical. When the G37 kit was released, BC made some changes to the rear setup. The setup on the spring is very similar to a mazda 3 and volkswagen which I had been working on at the time and are upside down. Anyways, the setup on Chads that yes I installed. Is done unproper. Even some calls that I have personally recieved, I have told them step by step to install as the G35 and 350Z platform. I'll be calling Chad later today to setup with him. As for dangerous, both ways are secure. I'd like to get with those that are having rattles. I believe we have over 40 -50 kits out there with no problems other than 4-5 of you here. Please Pm me with your information. I'd like to know who's the closest to us. I'd like to come check the vehicle out and see if I can't isolate the noise.

As for instructions, the generic ones provided from overseas we have found to be confusing to most. Basic and they will work, but confusing. But they aren't car specific. Which we have tried to do here. With a small staff it's been real hard to accomplish. But we are working on accomplishing.

Once again, my apologies for any confusion I may have brought with those pics.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:34 AM
fireboy

so are you saying that the spring were installed upside down

if so are the people that has to get this fixed, are you willing to help with this? far as cost. or are you leaving this up to the people that installed them upside down?

do you really think you should have put these coilovers out on the market with out a clear set of directions like these? if you would have waited alittle bit longer and put alittle bit more time in assuring that the directions were car specific and not so confusing.... by releasing them without this do you feel slightly responsible for all these wrong installations?????

Last edited by bboysteele; 06-04-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:36 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by fireboy
do you really think you should have put these coilovers out on the market with out a clear set of directions like these? if you would have waited alittle bit longer and put alittle bit more time in assuring that the directions were car specific and not so confusing.... by releasing them without this do you feel slightly responsible for all these wrong installations?????
Good point, Fireboy.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:45 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
WoW ... thanks pete. I knew u would have answers! So is Kidcane the only one that has them installed upside down?

I knew mine were right. Forged just wouldnt make that simple of a Mistake.

If u look at kidcanes. u will see that it would be near impossible to adjust them.

what a relief.

thanks pete.

btw. knoxville TN here.

(sent from MotoQ)
Old 06-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Sunuvabiotch! NICE!!!! Well I guess thats good news and bad news all at the same time. Good news for all you guys that you dont have to switch yours. Bad news for me that I need to flip mine over. Glad to hear there is really no danger as I have been driving the shizzit out of mine since I got my coils and sways on.

Makes sense though. I did adjust mine and it was a PITA.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:31 AM
1BADV6

I'm not too far from Max, I'm in Northern KY. So we find out that Kidcane is the one with it installed incorrectly, even though he was telling us ours was. Epic fail. So I guess my car get's to sit until BC can pull this together? Great, we have waited for several weeks for a write up so I have no clue when explanation for the rattle will happen.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

^^Yes in your infinite wisdom you were correct and I was not. If yours were on right and mine are not and you did not change yours, whats the problem with driving your car?
Old 06-04-2008, 09:43 AM
1BADV6

Because I have a rattle that sounds horrible, and I've checked all my bolts and can't find anything loose. Makes me wonder if there are other problems, hence the original post in the other thread that caused the uproar over improper installation which lead us here.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

^^Yeah its retarded. Thats why I was so sure mine were on right as I have had no issues or any noises whatsoever and I have been raping these things for weeks just to see.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:54 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 1BADV6
Because I have a rattle that sounds horrible, and I've checked all my bolts and can't find anything loose. Makes me wonder if there are other problems, hence the original post in the other thread that caused the uproar over improper installation which lead us here.
maybe u can swing down to knoxville and pete can have 2 g37s to look at and decide whats up...

I know if I wouldve gotten ahold od Sharif yesterday he would have told me hat he knew they were right. Dang You Sharif..why do u have to be so busy....lol...I guess cuase everyone wants the best to work on there car
Old 06-04-2008, 02:46 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
how does the vendor install the product wrong? that proves the instructions are trash..... if that was my car i'd be in line for a full refund.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:49 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^lol!
Old 06-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Given what we know now... I think this is a more appropriate:

Name:  SpringFail.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  41.4 KB

Quick Reply: Attention All BC Racing Coilover Guys, Check your Rears--Possible Install Error...