Attention All BC Racing Coilover Guys, Check your Rears--Possible Install Error...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 04:10 PM
nogoodname
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is sooo messed up....LOL

I'm with u blackjack, lets see what happens
Old 06-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Looks like a communication breakdown here at somepoint.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:19 PM
nogoodname
Banned

major broken telephone was played
Old 06-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
MY OUTSIDE PERSPECTIVE...

Somebody has some explaining to do and needs to do it fast. Someone ****ed up.. Either way, someone needs to correct it. However, even if installed wrong, BC needs some serious quality improvements. I've seen these being put on from start to finish and I must say... the instructions provided were a piece of ****. Now that this happens, I must say, I'm not surprised.

Where's the customer service as well, BC? Seems like customers are getting mixed information? If it turns out they were installed wrong there is some likeilihood that the springs integrity could have been compromised. Is someone gonna own up and correct the problem? I sure hope so.

I'm subscribed for sure and will follow this through resolution with every customer on myG37.

Last edited by Blackjack; 06-03-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Danny@BC

Originally Posted by symalik
That is weird. I have mine installed like the first picture, but Pete said that was wrong. And now Danny from BC is saying its right? Pete and Danny are both giving opposite instructions.

Maybe you misunderstood what Pete was trying to tell you. The first pictures are pictures Pete took while installing Kidcane's kit. That is how it SHOULD look. If you have it the other way, it is upside down and installed incorrectly.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:24 PM
nogoodname
Banned

ok, so Max has it upside down then and how can there be such a crappy instructions for it, like what the heck?
Old 06-03-2008, 04:28 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You know what Really is on my mind? I made a nice review thread and posted tons of pics... alot of the rears... Alot showing the way the spring was mounted... I sent the Links of all my threads to Pete@BC and BlackGuy who now is working for BC... and nothing was said... I find it really hard to believe that they ignored my threads because I know my threads were reposnible for alot of Coilover kits SOLD! I personally know of 3 people who pulled the trigger on these after my words of advice, review and thoughts.... but I Really dont think they didnt take a look at the threads and my pics... I know blackguy did cause he told me very good job on the write up... I know BlackGuy is just the salesman so its not his fault at all... but I know Pete said he looked at my thread... I talked to Pete Alot on IM about the coils and other stuff... I just dont know how this wasnt caught before this... I hope they take care of this the right way and figure out 100% this issue and fix it.... ole welll What a bad day this has been for me...

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 06-03-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:30 PM
nogoodname
Banned

wow, so how many ppl have messed up Coilovers then ???

I guess BC Racing screwed up big time

BIGGEST EPIC FAILURE ON MyG37 EVER!!!!

Last edited by nogoodname; 06-03-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:33 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Ok. before anyone gets the wrong idea... I love my BC Coils... This is a misunderstanding... The quality of these coils are perfect... besides the rattle but it seems like that will be fixed pretty soon...

If you all knew the day I had you would understand why the least little thing has got me blitz...

So... I Say again... BC Coilovers are great coils... dont think that just becuase there was an instruction problem that there ****ty or anything...

WWWooooooo SSSAAAAAAAHHHHHHH WWOOOOOO SSSSAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Old 06-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Ahujadaddy

dang, i was really on the fence with these, and with the GB posted by BG i was almost gonna pull the trigger.

I think i will listen to my original instincts and wait for some other coils later and just get some $200-ish springs for now! Use the saved $$ to get some HFCs! Thanks MAX! Sorry for you and whoever else goin thru this.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:41 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
dang, i was really on the fence with these, and with the GB posted by BG i was almost gonna pull the trigger.

I think i will listen to my original instincts and wait for some other coils later and just get some $200-ish springs for now! Use the saved $$ to get some HFCs! Thanks MAX! Sorry for you and whoever else goin thru this.
well bro... dont let a Instuction problem steer you away... like i said the coils are great.... just wait a day or two till this is 100% figured out and then buy them... for the price you cant beat them...

because when it boils down to it... the problem at the worst will be instructions not being clear.... and thats no biggie...

I am just super worried that the car may be unsafe or something could go wrong with all our members rolling on upside down Coil springs... I dont know how dangerous they are but I can picture and spring flying off...

This is goin to kill my AutoX event this Sunday....
Old 06-03-2008, 04:45 PM
nogoodname
Banned

i'm on Ahujadaddy's boat, not feelin BC coilovers anymore
Old 06-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Sorry Max. I feel bad cause I did not really read your post or look at the pics very carefully.

Like I said before, this is simply a communication issue. The colis rock and Pete knows how to put them on because he put mine on.

Last edited by Kidcane; 11-20-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:47 PM
13adzo6

I installed my BC's myself, and did it the same way as Max with the adjusting collar on top. That BC adjusting collar snaps right into place on the top, once the old rubber perch is removed. It looked like it was designed that way, it fit perfectly in place, with no slop. I dont know about you guys but mine are staying the way they are, just like Max's. If they really were designed to be the other way, then how the hell are you supposed to adjust them without removing the entire assembly. Doesn't make sense!
Old 06-03-2008, 04:47 PM
nogoodname
Banned

true, it looks easier to adjust on Max's

i'm a spectator not a hater...btw

Quick Reply: Attention All BC Racing Coilover Guys, Check your Rears--Possible Install Error...