Benefits of replacing Swaybar or other Suspension bushings

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:45 AM
quart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benefits of replacing Swaybar or other Suspension bushings

I had posted on a seperate thread about buying Energy Suspension's sway bar bushing on the Stillen Sway bar set, but was curious as to others overall opinion on Polyurethane bushings as a whole. Since the bushings could be used on any sway bar set maybe my question would help someone else... thus the new thread.

I am interested in getting others opinions on what sort of benefits (if any) would one see by using the aftermarket bushings. Particularly, would any benefits that come from using the bar bushings be negated by not replacing the end bushings at the same time, or could one use aftermarket bar bushings with OEM end-bushings and see any benefits?

In my specific case, I ordered my Stillen sway bars before they corrected the rear size issue (they shipped a number of sets with smaller than stock rear bars) and I wanted a correct fitting bushing on my car so went down to Autozone and got a 22mm bushing set for rear and found the correct 32mm Bushing set for the front on eBay. I can return the 22mm bushings to Autozone, but can't return the fronts.

Thus my question... "Since I already have the parts" and would only need to exchange the 22mm for the larger 25mm bushing for the rear, would I benefit any by using the Energy sets?