Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
For the passenger side you will need:
- one (1) ⅜" barb coupling;
- one (1) ½" x ½" x ⅜" barb T-fitting;
- ⅜" ID tubing;
-5 zip ties (used as clanps).

I used brass fittings but you can use whichever material you prefer.

When you lift up the passenger carpet you will see the AC evaporator drain tube. It would not hurt to add a little silicone to the grommet where the tube passes through the floor.

Here is a alternative method to address the driver side front drain.
Quick question to make sure I'm getting everything right: obviously the 3/8 tubing gets attached to the sunroof drain, which then gets attached to the 3/8 of the T splitter. Then, the ac line is attached to the 1/2 end while the other 1/2 end goes to the floor plug, or does that last end gets attached to the barb coupling (what purpose does this serve btw)?
Also, the driver's side procedure isn't loading.
I did notice that yesterday, on the driver's side only tho, that while my A pillars were off this was happening whenever I poured water onto the sunroof drain: https://streamable.com/c8baxs. Do you think that this would mean there's a problem with the driver's hose or the sunroof pan gasket?
Old 10-31-2020, 10:55 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,321 Likes on 1,072 Posts
Re: the passenger side drain:
I cut the AC drain line just before the grommet in the floorpan and spliced in the t-fitting. Then, the ⅜" tube (from the sunroof) goes to the t-fitting. It should look similar to what member Jesse123456 posted:

Only difference was that I ran everything under the insulation to keep it neat.

As for the left side, you will have to check that the hose itself is still attached to the upper sunroof drain. You will likely have to lower the headliner slightly to check. You shouldn't have any water dripping on that airbag module.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 10-31-2020 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-31-2020, 11:34 AM
MStrike
Registered Member

Re: the passenger side drain:
I cut the AC drain line just before the grommet in the floorpan and spliced in the t-fitting. Then, the ⅜" tube (from the sunroof) goes to the t-fitting. It should look similar to what member Jesse123456 posted:

Only difference was that I ran everything under the insulation to keep it neat.

As for the left side, you will have to check that the hose itself is still attached to the upper sunroof drain. You will likely have to lower the headliner slightly to check. You shouldn't have any water dripping on that airbag module.
Oh ok, I can see how it's done. Yeah that leaking looked a bit suspect because it didn't happen on the passenger side. Do you think if I use some angle nosed pliers I can try to push it in without taking off the headliner?
Also, for the driver's side, I was also referencimg the link that you initially posted (for the routing) as not loading. Thanks.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:08 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,321 Likes on 1,072 Posts
Here is the link to a alternative remedy for the driver side leak. Member 03Mach69Mach opted to drill a hole in the floor (near the dead pedal) and run the drain tube that way Driver Side Floor Drain. I will likely go that route as I prefer all drains to exit to the ground and have zero potential for water to get near any electronics or other vital components.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 10-31-2020 at 12:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MStrike (10-31-2020)
Old 11-04-2020, 06:53 PM
MStrike
Registered Member

Here is the link to a alternative remedy for the driver side leak. Member 03Mach69Mach opted to drill a hole in the floor (near the dead pedal) and run the drain tube that way Driver Side Floor Drain. I will likely go that route as I prefer all drains to exit to the ground and have zero potential for water to get near any electronics or other vital components.
Hey, I made an updated post if you don't mind checking it out!