Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

I’m doing it! Black Headliner, Cracked Dash Solution and no more Vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 09:36 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts
@ILM-NC G37S It’s all good. You know we appreciate the effort. It’s not easy searching part numbers that correspond to black and white pictures that don’t even look like the actual parts. Hope this doesn’t deter you from future contributions.
The following users liked this post:
deep0542 (06-29-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 09:44 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Wtf is this!?

LEFT: Quality G37 visor. Made of a hard and light weight composite plastic material with a clamshell design that is able to be upholstered.

RIGHT: Cheap Q60 molded styrofoam visor with no way to upholster that dents and dings if you handle it in a manner that is anything beyond delicate.

I know Nissan has been hurting lately, but this is getting ridiculous.

Feel good lady’s and gents knowing you own the last good Nissan built before they started taking major avenues to cut costs.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:37 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Took advice from @KidJai06 . I got really lucky and stumbled on 3 huge packs of R13 batt insulation on eBay for cheap. Can’t find this stuff anywhere whiteout buying in bulk so it was a big score. Lined the cavity with ResoNix CLD and then crammed an entire roll of R13 batt in their. I’m going to line the inside with mass loaded vinyl instead of the outside. A good allow for interior to go back in easier. The cavity is massive. It’s is packed to the brim now. I just really hope this cavity doesn’t take in water, lol.

Kind of sketchy having to loosen the huge support beam to get that panel off.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:06 AM
deep0542
Registered Member

Received 160 Likes on 108 Posts
Wow. Funny enough, that is EXACTLY what the 370 visors look like when you crack them open. They have a little metal bar embedded in the foam. Yuck.

At least I know to bring the Q60 visors to a pro now to get upholstered LOL
Old 06-29-2020, 09:06 AM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Originally Posted by deep0542
Wow. Funny enough, that is EXACTLY what the 370 visors look like when you crack them open. They have a little metal bar embedded in the foam. Yuck.

At least I know to bring the Q60 visors to a pro now to get upholstered LOL
When you mentioned “I wonder if they are clam shell” I was thinking in my head, what else can they be? Now I know.

I think I’m going Frankenstein approach. Destroy foam visor to get mirror out and wire it in to g37 visor. Then paint the swing arm.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:33 PM
KidJai06
Registered Member

Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by sobeIPL
Took advice from @KidJai06 . I got really lucky and stumbled on 3 huge packs of R13 batt insulation on eBay for cheap. Can’t find this stuff anywhere whiteout buying in bulk so it was a big score. Lined the cavity with ResoNix CLD and then crammed an entire roll of R13 batt in their. I’m going to line the inside with mass loaded vinyl instead of the outside. A good allow for interior to go back in easier. The cavity is massive. It’s is packed to the brim now. I just really hope this cavity doesn’t take in water, lol.
Looking good, looks like you're getting closer to the finish line. Yeah the cavity in those rear quarters is pretty huge, awesome you were able to get a good deal on some insulation, it is hard to find in smaller quantities. I sourced my denim insulation from Amazon, I was able to get a few small rolls reasonably priced. Keep it up, everything is coming together nicely.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:52 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Got the passenger side all buttoned back up. There is a ton of batt insulation in the rear quarter. I also cut a piece of mass loaded vinyl to shape so it provides another layer. Lastly, I crammed some of the insulation that was under the carpets in there for good measure but mainly to act as a decoupling layer between mlv and inner panel wall.

Also bite the bullet on the GTR belts. Whoever said they were the same as coupe, they aren’t. They are close but gtr doesn’t have as long of an arm to keep it off your neck. Overall they look good and glad I got them.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:38 AM
deep0542
Registered Member

Received 160 Likes on 108 Posts
Got the passenger side all buttoned back up. There is a ton of batt insulation in the rear quarter. I also cut a piece of mass loaded vinyl to shape so it provides another layer. Lastly, I crammed some of the insulation that was under the carpets in there for good measure but mainly to act as a decoupling layer between mlv and inner panel wall.

Also bite the bullet on the GTR belts. Whoever said they were the same as coupe, they aren’t. They are close but gtr doesn’t have as long of an arm to keep it off your neck. Overall they look good and glad I got them.

Looks great! I'm probably the one that thought they were the same based on some FB posts I saw

Also for your visor project, you can pull the swing arm out of your Q60 visors when you wreck them and implant them into the G37 visors. That way no painted required. I did that on my Frankenstein attempt.
Old 07-18-2020, 10:51 AM
mummy2
Registered Member

Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts
Love delivery days

If money is no object, get the Infiniti premium floor mats. Trust me on that.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:12 AM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Originally Posted by mummy2
If money is no object, get the Infiniti premium floor mats. Trust me on that.
Never heard of this. A quick google search yielded this. Is that what you mean?

Given I already bought the IPL mats I’ll likely stick with em until I wear out the the spot where my left heel sits near the clutch. But that doesn’t take long so A premium may sounds intriguing...
Old 07-18-2020, 11:20 AM
mummy2
Registered Member

Yes those are it. Had mine for about 9 years. They feel like they belong in a Rolls Royce. Softest, thickest floor mats I've ever come across. The fabric have a shine to them and the wavy lines add a touch of class. Pics don't do them justice. Those mats you have are more like a carpeted floor liner. I've only used those maybe less than 5 times in the almost 6 years I've had my IPL.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:38 AM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

@mummy2 I think you sold me. Maybe I’ll try to list mine for sale and scoop these. Did they come in a specific car or are they an oem up sell item? Do they ones that have IPL label?
Old 07-18-2020, 11:43 AM
mummy2
Registered Member

They were an accessory for the G37. They only say G37 or Infiniti. If you order the sedan mats you get 4 mats while the coupe gets 1 mat for the rear that drapes over the entire rear floor. They fit either car though.

Last edited by mummy2; 07-18-2020 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-18-2020, 09:25 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Update:

I’ve been messing with this stupid Phoenix radio for a few days. It works great but my car won’t turn completely off. I’m getting some help from people on the Phoenix thread, hopefully we solve it.

I landed a sweetheart deal on a Nismo exhaust from the local classifieds (not here). Guy has a brand new Nismo Z that he’s TTing and said exhaust and cats (<5k miles) are sitting at his mechanics shop. Seemed to good to be true but I went for it, just dropped the car off. My cats are shot and exhaust is rusty and has a leak, heat shields rattle, it’s not a good look. This was a big move. I also ordered new rotors, pads and lines (z26) last week and those are going on now too.

I upholstered the gauge lid today to match the dash, looks perfect. Will post pics soon. Pretty impressive wrapping that and the dash without removing either from the car. Both came out near flawless. That’s a game changer for you guys looking for a nice dash fix if your willing to do it and good at crafts.

The zenclosure built to spec for my jl10w6 came in today. I scooped an arc audio 1100.5 to power it which will allow me to upgrade component speakers down the line. I tanked hard on the jl900/5 vs the arc I got, ended up finding a deal on the arc I couldn’t pass up. Got a Kollosses flex 4awg kit that just came in so my audio is ready to go. I’ll sound deaden the trunk and install probably in one of the next few weekends. I found this guy called Mr. Headlight and he travels. I’d like to plan a hybrid day where I go to my office garage to work on the audio while Mr. Headlight works his magic and restores those suckers to factory freshness.

Still haven’t decided on a headliner material. I’ve gotten a million samples and just can’t find that perfect match. I gotta just pick something soon tho and move on so I can get the bulk of these pieces back in the car. Once the headliner goes in car will come they her quickly as most everything else is done.

Last but not least, what do y’all think of doing a mesh grille with the IPL logo in the middle? I’m def stripping my trunk clean of the g37 logo and either the letters that spell out infinti or the pac man logo, it’s too redundant and busy, one has to go.

Old 07-19-2020, 07:49 PM
mummy2
Registered Member

Wtf is this!?

LEFT: Quality G37 visor. Made of a hard and light weight composite plastic material with a clamshell design that is able to be upholstered.

RIGHT: Cheap Q60 molded styrofoam visor with no way to upholster that dents and dings if you handle it in a manner that is anything beyond delicate.

I know Nissan has been hurting lately, but this is getting ridiculous.

Feel good lady’s and gents knowing you own the last good Nissan built before they started taking major avenues to cut costs.
How do you open up the G37 visor? Wanna do mine black too but don't wanna break nothing.

Quick Reply: I’m doing it! Black Headliner, Cracked Dash Solution and no more Vibrations