Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

I’m doing it! Black Headliner, Cracked Dash Solution and no more Vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 09:10 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts
@ILM-NC G37S hey, in the Phoenix thread the guy used his 10v remote wire to send signal to the sound stage signal which says it’s looking for 8.5 to turn off Is sending 10v an issue when is designed to look for 0 or 8.50?
Old 01-11-2021, 10:44 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,323 Likes on 1,073 Posts
In all honesty I am not sure. As this is just a signal wire (ie. a switch) and there is likely little to no current being drawn, I would think all would be fine. There is likely some voltage tolerance built-in to the amplifier to begin with.

Keep in mind I am not a electrical engineer so take my words with a grain of salt (ie. use caution). Maybe someone else will offer a clearer, more definitive answer.

FWIW, my backup camera gets 12V directly from the reverse lights and the cams are for 6V. No issues after at least 4 years...

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 01-12-2021 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-11-2021, 11:34 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Your a million times more knowledgeable than I am. I’m sure it’s fine if your 12 to 6. You got some fancy 4K backup cam? Mine sucks. Like I’m watching an episode of cheers when I back up.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:01 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

No, I'm just using the OEM cam from a 'vert (came with the chrome trim piece I had to replace (for the 3rd damn time)).

I believe the crappy image is as much the fault of the display as it is the camera.

Never could get into "Cheers." It was ok, just not my flavor. I heavily favor the old Norman Lear classics and the BBC series "AYBS" of the 70's. Very little do I find "funny" or "comical."

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 01-12-2021 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2021, 02:43 AM
Joyryde
Banned

Received 61 Likes on 57 Posts
I barely even use my back up camera. I think the image quality is good, then again I do clean it with alcohol every once in a while.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:35 AM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Joyryde
I barely even use my back up camera. I think the image quality is good, then again I do clean it with alcohol every once in a while.
The oem isn’t too bad but it gets worse with the Phoenix radio. Not sure why. I’ve got bigger priorities at the moment but wouldn’t mind trying to upgrade it to HD if that’s possible.
Old 01-16-2021, 05:27 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Leather doors are looking sick. Not the hardest section to wrap skill wise but tedious. The gunmetal trim looks good too. It’s a little more subtle than the brushed aluminum.

Aniline Buttersoft Leather Door with Gunmetal Trim.

I wanted to kill those chrome handles but I couldn’t figure out how to free the actual pieces from their little assembly. Whatever, we’ll see how it looks on the car.

Lastly, I really want non-bose grills if anyone wants to trade I’ll give you money too.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:00 PM
Joyryde
Banned

Received 61 Likes on 57 Posts
Looks good! Did you get the gunmetal trim wrap from amazon? Also, why do you dislike the bose-badged grills? Everyone who enters my G or M are always amazed to see Bose speakers.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:24 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Joyryde
Looks good! Did you get the gunmetal trim wrap from amazon? Also, why do you dislike the bose-badged grills? Everyone who enters my G or M are always amazed to see Bose speakers.

I just painted the trim with rustoluem metallic. They have a million shades of gray, that’s “soft iron”. I bought them all and that was the winner.

Im going for a level of class here above adversting oem upgraded bose speakers. I’m also likely going to have something much better lurking back there but even if I keep the bose the unbranded grill is a lot cleaner for my interior overhaul. I actually couldn’t find rear deck grills (non bose) except some beige ones so I bought and painted them, lol.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:33 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Quick Update:

Passenger door is in and looks great. I need to pull it again to sound deaden but I just wanted to get it in for the time being.

Pics aren’t great quality and car is a little dirty but here is a couple pics. Also note the area around shifter isn’t all buttoned down in the pics.

The only big piece left to wrap is the driver side door. I need to work on the dash around the radio. Radio doesn’t fit quite right and I didn’t do a great job fixing that area of the dash that surrounds the radio. If I can get that looking all nice and flush the car should look pretty amazing. If worse comes to worse I’ll buy a dash in good shape and wrap it, then try and swap it with mine over a long weekend. Hoping I can salvage but not sure.

I think I’m also going to look into getting my seats upholstered. The infinti seats look kinda bad compared to my sweet *** interior. Matching seats would really seat it off.

Saturday I gotta hit up a muffler shop and fix an exhaust leak. Then I gotta get some quotes from body shops b/ I have some rust spots forming around my mirrors and a little on the roof. Hoping that’s not gonna set me back an arm and a leg. Next I gotta see about getting my wheels restored and maybe have my akebonos painted.

I just want this car to be done already, running strong, nice and quiet and looking fresh AF.
The following 2 users liked this post by sobeIPL:
Equis (07-31-2021), jpowersjr2 (01-20-2021)
Old 05-30-2021, 07:06 AM
mummy2
Registered Member

Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by sobeIPL
Got my handles! Thank you Nismo Sentra

Out with the crap, in with the black
739403YW5A is the part number for the black one.
Old 07-13-2021, 04:14 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Updates!!!

Sup yall. Been a while since my last post (busy moving) figured I provide an update for the blog..

Interior is basically done except for passenger visor and I’m going to re-do the dash at some point now that I’m not living in a condo I can pull it out and do it right.

So now that all my interior is in the car and looking fresh, I’m pulling it all out again🤬🤬. I have some rust forming under my side mirrors and on my roof. I’m taking it to the body shop Monday. They are going to carve out the rust and fix some door dings, scratches, etc and repaint the entire car. To paint the car you have to remove the antenna. To remove the antenna you have to drop the headliner. To remove the headliner you have to remove like everything. I don’t want the body shop to mess with my beautiful interior so I’m pulling it out beforehand.

While the body shop has it, I’m going to try to do custom headlights. Been doing a lot of research on it and I think I can pull it off. I want to do color match gray housings a second projector and some halos.

After I get the car back from the body shop, it’s off to the mechanic. Shout out to @BULL for getting me in touch with his guy down here. A have a lot of rusty suspension parts and lots of other crap on the underside of the car are bad and rusted. We just secured half a wrecked G for $600 to salvage all the pieces I need. My new guy is taking care of picking it up, storing it all that.

After it’s all sorted mechanically, it’s off to get wheels and brakes refinished. Going to powder coat wheels and calipers (open for color suggestions).

The last thing is my seats. My driver seat is creaking badly and the oem leather doesn’t match my pebbled black leather. I found this place called Alea leather who makes oem spec skins for the G. Just got pricing today through a vendor here in south FLA (they don’t sell direct). 1850 for all new skins ready to install that match my interior. Not too bad. Need to find a driver seat in good shape as far cushioning.

And that’s the saga I have in front of me. Luckily for me, most of the work left is not DIY stuff except headlights and putting premade skins on my seats.

Hopefully all goes well and we’ll have the baddest G in all the land soon😎.

What color wheels and calipers? I was thinking of going bold with a bronzey/orangey wheel and candy blue calipers? Open for suggestions.

Old 07-13-2021, 04:49 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Never noticed before but is your color K57?

I take it the Titan seats were a no-go?

Personally, I like the bronze/copper colors for the calipers.

Thanks for the update.
Old 07-13-2021, 05:01 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

@ILM-NC G37S I think the paint code is KAD. I recently looked it up trying to find spray paint for headlights to color match although I’m worried about it not being high temp. There is only 1 IPL gray color so I have whatever that is.

As far as titan seats… Yea, now that I found out about Alea leathers, seems like a safer route than trying to jam truck seats in my coupe. I don’t know what was I thinking😂. I could get just the fronts for 1200 which really isn’t bad. 1850 for front abs back.
Old 07-14-2021, 02:39 AM
mummy2
Registered Member

Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts
$1850 is a used car. Custom seat covers or just hope you luck up at the junk yard or Ebay.

Quick Reply: I’m doing it! Black Headliner, Cracked Dash Solution and no more Vibrations