Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

I知 doing it! Black Headliner, Cracked Dash Solution and no more Vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 09:22 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts
@jpowersjr2 if toggling the output format doesn稚 work, you値l have to check all the connections. I have the 13.6 so plugs could be a little different but I did map every wire in each plug. We both have bose coupe so should be helpful.

So this is basically each plug and the corresponding wire in the FSM. The harness I label OT1 is likely where your issue is assuming a wire in pinned to the wrong slot. Chew on this and compare to your wiring and see if there is any differences.
The following users liked this post:
jpowersjr2 (12-23-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 09:44 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 219 Likes on 195 Posts
This is why I come to the forums, always great feedback. I really appreciate the diagram, I am going to save that. I'll report back once I get some free time to work on it.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:48 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

No prob. Glad to help where I can.

Note the colors I use are not the g37 harness wire colors, they are whatever my Phoenix radio had. Colors only useful to see what wire touches multiple points. Shouldn稚 matter the colors tho, just match the pins based on FSM.
jpowersjr2 (12-23-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 10:25 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,323 Likes on 1,073 Posts
Originally Posted by sobeIPL
...Shouldn稚 matter the colors tho, just match the pins based on FSM.
Always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, follow the pin # of the connector/circuit/wire you are working with. Even in the FSM, the colors of the wires do not always match what is written/specified.

Been there, done that...(of course my car is a Frankenstein anyway...)

If I can help, lmk.
jpowersjr2 (12-23-2020)
Old 12-24-2020, 12:18 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

@jpowersjr2 I could be wrong but I think ILM wants you to use pin numbers.. lol
Old 12-24-2020, 01:27 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

I am just suggesting to not rely solely on wire color to identify circuits. The FSM might say wire "X" is one color, only to have the actual, in-car wire be a totally different color.

It is rare, but there are some discrepancies.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 12-24-2020 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-30-2020, 05:17 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

@ILM-NC G37S Hey, need a quick favor. Can you pull down your back seat and tell me what goes in these holes (blue and red)? The small bolt and washer in (blue) fits both in that hole (which I think could be an unused hole actually, I don稚 see a use) and the red hole. I thought that bolt/washer that痴 in (blue) in the pic went into (red) hole but the washer seems too small (but screw fits). The hole in the center I already know is a clip that holds the rear deck so that痴 okay. Just wondering what goes in (blue) and (red).

Old 12-30-2020, 05:27 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

I just realized you won稚 be able to see these b/ your rear deck is in the way. So never mind.
Old 12-30-2020, 05:34 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

The blue is probably the latch for the folding seatback, no?
Here's mine:

sobeIPL (12-08-2021)
Old 12-30-2020, 06:13 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

@ILM-NC G37S Blue isn稚 latch for sure, latch is pretty far away. That button you see goes into the middle hole. Blue must do nothing. I don稚 know what connector goes into red. I thought it痴 what I show in blue but the washer is too small. I think I gotta just go get bigger washers and go by the ol motto, get in where you fit in.

By the way, someone eating Cheetos in your back seat and resting the bowl on your rear deck? Lol
Old 12-30-2020, 06:20 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Dust and dirt that fell between the deck and the rear seat. Believe it or not that is the first time that the rear seatback has been folded down since I did the headrest speaker project 2 years ago!

Yes, the G needs a thorough detailing.... inside and out. Eventually.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 12-31-2020 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:51 AM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

UPDATE:

My goal was to most of the car put back together by the new year and we almost got there. I got the rear of the car all assembled except my seatbelt bracket is stripped so I知 waiting on that part to clip in the driver side rear quarter. After that I can toss back in the back seats! I did buy a bracket already although it was out of a gtr (I thought it was same part but they are a little different unfortunately) so now I gotta find another one.

All the audio wiring is run and I just need to get front speakers so I can finish the trunk. Can finish the trunk b/ I need to plant my amp where the bose amp is near spare tire. Can稚 do that until I get front speakers.

The last big project is the doors. Need to pull them, wrap them, sound deaden them and install new speakers. Probably will pull a door panel off this week to start poking around.

After the doors it痴 really just a bunch of little things. I need to do a more cleanup work on the dash. I really wish I had done a better job of fixing my dash before I wrapped it. I致e probably done more harm then good with how much I致e tried to to fix it quickly. Some spots look lumpy around the radio and the area around the vents is meh. I wish I didn稚 live in a condo and could just pull the dash.

Here is a pick of the rear of the car.
The following 3 users liked this post by sobeIPL:
BULL (01-04-2021), ILM-NC G37S (01-04-2021), Joyryde (01-04-2021)
Old 01-04-2021, 12:46 PM
Joyryde
Banned

Received 61 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by sobeIPL
UPDATE:

My goal was to most of the car put back together by the new year and we almost got there. I got the rear of the car all assembled except my seatbelt bracket is stripped so I知 waiting on that part to clip in the driver side rear quarter. After that I can toss back in the back seats! I did buy a bracket already although it was out of a gtr (I thought it was same part but they are a little different unfortunately) so now I gotta find another one.

All the audio wiring is run and I just need to get front speakers so I can finish the trunk. Can finish the trunk b/ I need to plant my amp where the bose amp is near spare tire. Can稚 do that until I get front speakers.

The last big project is the doors. Need to pull them, wrap them, sound deaden them and install new speakers. Probably will pull a door panel off this week to start poking around.

After the doors it痴 really just a bunch of little things. I need to do a more cleanup work on the dash. I really wish I had done a better job of fixing my dash before I wrapped it. I致e probably done more harm then good with how much I致e tried to to fix it quickly. Some spots look lumpy around the radio and the area around the vents is meh. I wish I didn稚 live in a condo and could just pull the dash.

Here is a pick of the rear of the car.
Good job dude! Are you going to leather wrap the arm rest as well?
Old 01-04-2021, 12:56 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

@Joyryde The dash and entire center console (including arm rest) is already wrapped and installed. Literally EVERYTHING is getting the leather treatment. The only thing I have left to wrap is the doors, passenger visor and the the panels that run along floor under each door.

Old 01-04-2021, 01:02 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Had a crazy idea that could set my car way over the top. So I知 not thrilled about the fitment of my Phoenix radio and the rough condition of the dash that surrounds it. I might just buy a new dash and wrap it again (super easy once it痴 outside of the car). While it痴 out of the car, it will also let me have better access to fabricate (sand and shape a bit) the phonenix radio bezel so it fits better with the leather. The crazy idea is molding the radio in the dash and actually wrapping over the bezel. One continuous piece. So all you値l see is the cutouts for the vents and the screen. You won稚 see any bezel at all. I think that痴 100% doable and would look sick AF! The only issue is of the radio has any problems, you gotta pull the dash to get at it, lol.

Last edited by sobeIPL; 01-04-2021 at 01:08 PM.

Quick Reply: I知 doing it! Black Headliner, Cracked Dash Solution and no more Vibrations