Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Help Headlight not working on passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 10:09 PM
Jordan Abel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlight not working on passenger side

Hey guys, new here but hopefully I’ll get some insight. Having some problems with one of the headlights on my 2011 g37x. A couple weeks ago, my headlight stopped working and I got a new bulb for it. Wasn’t working so I returned it and got another one. Still nothing. I checked the fuses in the battery compartment and they look fine which leads me to thinking it might be the ballast. Would I have to completely remove the headlight to take the ballast out? Also I’ve been noticing quite a bit of condensation from the inside of the headlight on that side. Thanks!
Old 08-14-2019, 10:10 AM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
Check ignitor try swapping parts from working side and see which one it is
Old 10-05-2019, 08:34 AM
Spadds76
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you have any luck with this?

I'm in the same situation - bought a new bulb but lights not working. I will check fuses and new bulb (and old one) in the working head light to see if the ballast is toast.

If the ballast is toast - where do I get a new OEM - main dealers don't sell them. I can only buy one as part of a whole new head light!!!!

Thanks
Old 10-06-2019, 11:57 PM
Conboss
Registered Member

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Spadds76
Did you have any luck with this?

I'm in the same situation - bought a new bulb but lights not working. I will check fuses and new bulb (and old one) in the working head light to see if the ballast is toast.

If the ballast is toast - where do I get a new OEM - main dealers don't sell them. I can only buy one as part of a whole new head light!!!!

Thanks
As said above, swap parts from known good light and see what happens. First try taking the bulb and seeing what’s going on. Then, igniter, ballast, etc.

IIRC, these units are not sealed, so if you have condensation like OP, it’s ‘normal’. I’d still be pissed...