Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Headlights not working, Dealer blames the Ballast - 2010 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 11:35 PM
JeisonG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlights not working, Dealer blames the Ballast - 2010 Sedan

I NEED HELP, I have an Infiniti G37 2010 Anniversary Edition and my passenger headlights are out but my driver side headlights is on and off so basically only comes on when it wants to after flickering it a few times. At first I thought it was the bulbs got those replaced and that wasn't the problem then I checked the fuses and those were fine as well so that wasn't the problem either. I took it to the Infiniti dealer to get it inspected and they said the ballast is out and the driver side one is going out so thats why it comes on at times. They said that they cant replace the ballast alone that I would need to get the complete headlights replaced SO MY QUESTION IS how true is that? because I see i can get the ballast on ebay on its own and I do have the HID headlights, I just want to know do I have to get the headlights replaced or can I just replace the Ballast for this model? PLEASE HELP & THANK YOU FOR READING!
Old 07-01-2019, 12:49 AM
adejong03
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This just happened to me actually. I got a replacement ballast on eBay for $75 and popped it in. Problem solved!
Old 07-01-2019, 09:50 AM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/oe...ect_restrict=1

You can buy the ballasts from here. If the link is broken just search for matsu****a gen V. Highly reputable site. Infiniti doesn’t sell the ballasts alone and you have to buy them with the headlight assembly.

However, it is highly unlikely both your ballasts are out at the same time. I would be more concerned that there might be water seeping in somewhere. Has the car been in an accident before or have been modded?
Old 07-01-2019, 11:47 AM
JeisonG

Did you have to remove the bumper in order to pop it back in & how easy was it to replace it? Also did you have to replace the ballast with the cord or is it just the ballast?
Old 07-01-2019, 11:48 AM
JeisonG

Well the driver side headlight is not completely off it comes on but sometimes it doesnt & no I have not got in any accidents or done any mods except for changing the bulbs because I thought that was the problem.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:39 PM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by JeisonG
Did you have to remove the bumper in order to pop it back in & how easy was it to replace it? Also did you have to replace the ballast with the cord or is it just the ballast?
You have to remove the bumper to access the ballast. On the older gen, it was underneath the headlight. I'm not sure about the new gen, but it should be similar.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:22 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
When you change it make sure no water is getting to it. Check the rubber gasket