Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Brushed Metallic Black Interior (almost) Complete!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 12:34 PM
KungFooFireman
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
That is a very nice job, well done! It looks professional and like it should have been one of the trim levels offered for our cars. The carsmo ***** definitely add to the old school, Marantz receivers feel. This site has been nothing short of full of GREAT information.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:30 PM
mvx
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by NYTEG37
Looks most excellent MVX!
thanks for the link as well. I might have to try this myself.
How long did it take you to do each piece?
Was it easy to remove the pieces? did you find a tutorial somewhere for removing the pieces?
I used this video to help me with removing the trim:

After doing a lot of research, I believe it is the only video out there for our specific type of interior. This video saved me plenty of time and made the removal super easy. Time-wise, I believe it took me a little over 4 hours total to complete the whole wrap. It may sound like a lot but trust me, take as much time as you can!
Old 01-09-2018, 01:32 PM
mvx
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Hey that looks pretty nice, especially with the Carsmo *****. I think it would be too much black without them. Looks like a good project to do while wasting time sitting in front of the tv.
Agreed! I should've mentioned that I have Carsmo ***** in the original post but I'm sure plenty of users already know what it is. I believe the ***** add more style to it!
Old 08-23-2024, 10:40 PM
Alexus-Kia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mvx
I decided to vinyl wrap parts of my interior trim from the original brushed aluminum to brushed metallic black that I found on amazon. So far I completed the trim around the shift ****, ashtray, and trim around the center clock. Check it out!

Before (of course I forgot to take a before picture but here's a stock image of how it looked before):

After:

I would like to mention that this is my first time doing anything like this and I am really happy with how it came out. I should also add that by (almost) complete, I mean that I will also be wrapping the remaining aluminum trim pieces on the door panels, etc.

Here's the link to the vinyl I used:
https://www.amazon.com/3M-Scotchprin.../dp/B00DJF4O0U
thx for the link