Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Cracked dash possible class action suit

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 09:31 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,323 Likes on 1,073 Posts
At this point it is obvious that Infiniti (Nissan) is going to ignore this issue. Complaints go ignored, law suits are threatened but never actually get filed, etc. All this/that huffing and puffing is pointless. Sad, but that's how it is.

At some point, if keep the car long enough, I will have to replace mine with another OEM unit. Mine is not cracking, but the glare from the sticky adhesive that is leeching through is getting serious. I don't drive the car enough to warrant replacement at this time, but I will have to do something sooner than later.

I, personally, don't want any cover that mightinterfere with airbag deployment. While the airbag would likely tear right through the cover, I can also see the possibility of the whole cover flying off the dash. Having personally met a airbag once, I prefer to take no chances with this one, folks. Not when it is my loved ones in that passenger seat. Your car- do as you will.

If anything one could consider a dash from the newer Q60 (CV37). But a dash from a 370z? Good grief....how ridiculous that would look. Just my 10¢, mind you.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 01-28-2020 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:12 AM
takemorepills
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
If anything one could consider a dash from the newer Q60 (CV37). But a dash from a 370z? Good grief....how ridiculous that would look. Just my 10¢, mind you.
No worse than those wheels that poke out with stretched rubber and rim lips begging to be curbed

No worse than front splitters with those turnbuckle things to hold them up

No worse than big, loud exhaust systems

No worse than aftermarket lighting products

You know, how some people like to personalize their cars to their own tastes.

Old 01-28-2020, 10:25 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

I can see a custom made dash, but not a direct swap from another model. Why not put a Audi or Merc dash in then? Or go Rolls Royce?

As I said, your car- do as you will. After all, I'm the one sporting a "S" badge from Aston Martin...

Besides, there's no accounting for taste.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 01-28-2020 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-28-2020, 01:15 PM
Joyryde
Banned

Received 61 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by takemorepills
No worse than those wheels that poke out with stretched rubber and rim lips begging to be curbed

No worse than front splitters with those turnbuckle things to hold them up

No worse than big, loud exhaust systems

No worse than aftermarket lighting products

You know, how some people like to personalize their cars to their own tastes.
Forgot to add the smoke taillight trends that cause rear end collision. Would a Z dash fit in the G? I was thinking of doing that before.
Old 01-28-2020, 01:22 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

FWIW, the 370Z has it's own share of dash issues. Plenty of posts over at the370z.com.
Old 01-28-2020, 02:26 PM
Joyryde
Banned

Received 61 Likes on 57 Posts
You're right. Just checked and they are also complaining about the issue. The airbag will break through the wrap. The plastic that the airbag goes through is really tough and hard, if it can break through that I wouldn't doubt it would break through a small layer of suede or flocked material, after all they do explode at 100 mph to 200 mph. I mean, it does break through the vinyl on our dash, I don't see the big worry of a wrapped dashboard.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:02 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Well, yes i can see an airbag having minimal issues but I also see vids where .0010 of a sec make a different on your face eating dash vs airbag etc .... I have seen some really good jobs with wraps and it really makes the issue go away for most I would think....I have a friend that has done these wraps but on older cars without airbags etc so no issues and really seeing this as a the most feasible option but higher risk...I saw a post from a guy in Orlando that replaced his and he is saying 4 hrs or bring it to him for a few etc , so will see. Also, see those flocking vids and if done right, that looks good, but if I have to take out the dash, then f*** it, I may as well buy another and replace it....man, how the F did Infiniti get away with this $hit hose job is beyond me and great on those guys that got theirs under warranty but this $hit started right after my warranty exp so at least they got the timeframe right on how to get out of fixing it lol and if I get a newer dash, who is to say say the 12-14s won't have issues, just not enough time passed maybe lol....last thing is Sugru, If your dash is black and just small cracks, that stuff will cover it 95% or better, it worked on mine untill cracks got Grand canyon on me and needed to buy stocks for Sugru company as I was keeping them afloat with as much $hit I was buying from them lol....ok gents, good luck and if anyone tries the wrap, please post as that is where I'm thinking on this bad boy now
Old 02-04-2020, 01:04 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Ok, so further surfing and i saw some decent results with Plasti-dip etc...and while not the ideal solution, i saw some really favorable results, at least waay better than what i look at everyday...as somedays, i just stick my head out the window and drive that way....LOL...but anybody heard/have good results with Plasti dip?
Old 07-25-2020, 08:46 PM
lhbbobo
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My g35

Originally Posted by gmanhdtv
Not difficult to do, just take lots of pictures and keep parts in order. I found a youtube video which was helpful. For anyone in Florida I will install for them at my home (Orlando area) for a reasonable fee.
I live near ft lauderdale. I am a non-handy gal with brother in Orlando area so travel no problem. How much would you charge to replace. Are there any dash units you can locate reasonable? My interior color is camel/tan (seats)
Old 07-26-2020, 11:10 PM
lhbbobo
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My g35

Not difficult to do, just take lots of pictures and keep parts in order. I found a youtube video which was helpful. For anyone in Florida I will install for them at my home (Orlando area) for a reasonable fee.

I am not sure if my message yesterday got sent/received. I have 2007 G35 coupe cracked dash. I have family in Orlando area (I am Boca Raton/ft. Lauderdale). So travel to u no problem. I am un-handy gal. What would u charge to replace as u did yours. Am desperate, got nowhere with dealers or infiniti. Also, can u see if a replacement dash available somewhere if we can pull this together, I would really appreciate. Interior color is camel/tan (leather seats). I believe the part of dash that cracked is like a brown-ish., standard color. If interested, Please advise. I am new to this site, so not sure if your reply I get email or if I need to look at thread. Thanks. Lisa
Old 07-27-2020, 10:02 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

@lhbbobo
Lisa,
Considering that the person you are quoting/asking for help from @gmanhdtv has not been on this site since mid-December 2019, it is likely they are not active on here anymore. You could try sending them a PM (private message) but no guarantee a reply will be forthcoming. Good luck!
Old 11-18-2020, 01:03 AM
Clenczyk
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
are you still doing dash installs?