Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

OEM headlight bulbs wearing out? Good replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 05:36 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Just a random update since it seems my thread is still going lol. I'm still using the Morimoto's since my last post and they are still great. Nice white light and very bright.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:34 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by CharlieMac646
For those interested in bulb replacement for the DS2 headlight bulbs, I've purchased the D2S: OSRAM XENARC 66240 CBI from https://www.theretrofitsource.com and to say the least....I am not impressed. The claims of the slight hint of blue is accurate but the intensity on the road is not as bright as the factory bulbs. I noticed my bulbs seemed dimmer than normal and going on 8 years old I figured it was due for a change. After the positive reviews surrounding the brand, I went ahead and tried them out. Stick factory brand or close to factory specs if you after lighting the road well versus the blue color aesthetics these bulbs provide. They are still installed in my car and I do not plan to change them, just my personal opinion. Could be better.

bulbs require a break-in period. They are never going to be their 100% brightness right off the bat.

once you put several hours on them they will appear brighter.

come back a month from now (assuming you do some night time driving) and give us a proper review.

I felt the same way about osram cbi bulbs when i first installed them. I did not notice any brighter output. I only noticed the color on the road was more white. I was disappointed and thought the bulbs were over hyped.

several months later and my opinion was changed.

I have now been running osrams cbi for almost 3 years. When i first got my 2011 G37 it had 26k miles with factory d2s bulbs.

my previous car was a 2008 acura TL. I had the osrams in that car for about 1.5 years so they were properly broken in.

i remember when i first drove my g37 with stock bulbs at night i thought to myself "these bulbs seem dim and very warm white". When i sold the TL i swapped over the osram cbi to my g37 and it was a night and day difference. Output intensity was brighter and the color on the ground was very white. Like snow white.
The following users liked this post:
CharlieMac646 (01-29-2017)