Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Redline Shift Boot and Interior Samples

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
lobuzz311 is moving on to a new car, but still had these samples in his possession. So he sent them back to me.

Anyone want them? There doesn't seem to be much of a rotation going on here, and in all honesty, it's only the Wheat and Monaco Red interiors that are an open question for best match. Obviously the Graphite interior matches best with black leather, and the Stone interior matches best with charcoal leather.

In any event, if someone wants these, I could send them out yet again. After which, you need to beat the bushes and send them on to the next person.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:19 PM
bajis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cleannn
want dark red and matching seats
Old 09-02-2016, 10:49 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Mf....figures I would find this thread after going back and forth on which color to pick for nearly 2 months and just received my tracking info from Redline TODAY. Oh the irony
Old 09-03-2016, 07:53 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
Mf....figures I would find this thread after going back and forth on which color to pick for nearly 2 months and just received my tracking info from Redline TODAY. Oh the irony
LOL. I still have the samples, and would certainly have shared them with you.

There was a point in my build thread where I was taking pictures of the samples against my shifter and trim, whittling down the choices. So I understand the back and forth, Fat Sac.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:22 AM
Gopennst8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Apologies for being late to this thread, and even further for taking it a bit off-topic, but where can I get some info on shift *****, like those seen in the photos in this thread? I looked into ***** a few years back and came to the conclusion that this wasn't something most people did for the G37. I recall some threads stating that it was very difficult to remove the stock **** and people were kind of scared off from trying it. Looks like the ones shown might also be using a short shifter too? Is there a thread dedicated to *****/shifters?
Thanks!
Old 10-12-2016, 10:36 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Gopennst8
Apologies for being late to this thread, and even further for taking it a bit off-topic, but where can I get some info on shift *****, like those seen in the photos in this thread? I looked into ***** a few years back and came to the conclusion that this wasn't something most people did for the G37. I recall some threads stating that it was very difficult to remove the stock **** and people were kind of scared off from trying it. Looks like the ones shown might also be using a short shifter too? Is there a thread dedicated to *****/shifters?
Thanks!
There are countless sources for aftermarket *****, but I think two of the better, current manufacturers are RaceSeng and LatheWerks:

It's anybody's guess how difficult it will be to remove the OEM ****. Some can, most can't... without a significant effort that destroys the factory leather-wrapped ****. However, once removed, you're good to go. Think about using a pair of large channel lock wrenches and a two-person project.

Short-shifters aren't that popular in the Sedan forum; (because the 6MT Sedan is pretty rare, and because Sedan). However, the two go-to models out there are B&M and TWM:

Lastly, here's a thread I started earlier in the year when I had my STS installed:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ion-mount.html
Old 10-15-2016, 08:43 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Gopennst8
Thanks!
Here is a link to the shift **** I finally decided on with lots of other options included: https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ift-*****.html

I am very pleased with this shift **** as it looks great, shifts great due to the weight, can be used year round, and is of very high quality. No complaints.

Rochester is right, getting the stock shift **** off is a little more work than you would think as they adhere it to the threads with very strong glue. Nothing a very large pliers on the shift **** and another one on the shift lever cannot fix. Be prepared to totally demolish the leather on the factory shift **** when you remove it so have your new shift **** ready.

Raceseng Sphereology

Old 10-24-2016, 06:49 PM
Choman
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Rochester - I'll take a look at the samples if they are available. Still have them?
Old 10-24-2016, 07:07 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Choman
Rochester - I'll take a look at the samples if they are available. Still have them?
I do, Kevin. Shoot me your address.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:07 PM
Rochester
Administrator

And now Choman is the official Keeper of the Sample Pack.

If somebody wants them next, he's the guy.