Body Interior Exterior Lighting

dash noises

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 11:45 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by JUMBO PALACE
I bought some of this stripping and got it under the cowl without loosening any clips. Just lifted it up slightly with a narrow flathead and pressed the strip in there with my fingers and then the screwdriver when it got stubborn. FWIW, my popping is not solved so I'll probably be taking off the clips soon and doing it the right way. Worth a shot I guess
I have heard the same from some others. Until they got in there and removed the cowling (not difficult) and cleaned up a bit then put the strip in, it still made a noise.

I was going to use the J strip but couldn't find one at the time and went with a C strip...basically the same thing. Works great and, as mentioned above, looks OEM.

When I secured the cowling back down it very firmly pinned the strip to the windshield. It hasn't move a mm. in the 4 months since. Even with the latest blast of winter here in Maryland.

Sean
Old 02-17-2016, 12:35 AM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
Hate to bring this up again but what kind of "protectant" are you guys using on the J strip to help slide easier? Silicone spray or a lithium grease of some kind?
Old 02-17-2016, 10:37 AM
JUMBO PALACE
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by VIVID
I have heard the same from some others. Until they got in there and removed the cowling (not difficult) and cleaned up a bit then put the strip in, it still made a noise.

I was going to use the J strip but couldn't find one at the time and went with a C strip...basically the same thing. Works great and, as mentioned above, looks OEM.

When I secured the cowling back down it very firmly pinned the strip to the windshield. It hasn't move a mm. in the 4 months since. Even with the latest blast of winter here in Maryland.

Sean
Glad to hear you got yours taken care of!

Thanks for the tip. I'll be recovering from surgery for the next couple weeks but after that's done and the weather is a little warmer I'll set a side some time to get the cowl off and clean the whole thing up. I just can't take it for much longer
Old 02-17-2016, 06:29 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Kris9884
Hate to bring this up again but what kind of "protectant" are you guys using on the J strip to help slide easier? Silicone spray or a lithium grease of some kind?
i didnt use any, but thought of it afterwards. i was thinking more along the lines of some cheap-*** Armor All.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:46 PM
slovell1
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I've got a buzzing rattle coming from somewhere in my dash. Every time I drive on rough pavement it does it. Drives me nuts and I still can't find it.
Old 05-30-2020, 02:30 PM
rksmsdlv
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a rubbing noise from passenger side's door part whenever my g goes on curvy and bumpy road at low speed (when car chasis twists). I put some silicone lubricant between the windshield and the cowl cover, but the noise was still there. I also applied Teflon tape on the passenger door's glass run where the passenger door's rubber seal touches. But the rubbing noise is still there. Here's my g's rubbing noise from passenger side. (I tried to drive while my boy keeps opening the passenger side door on the bumpy road at low speed, and yes, the rubbing noise was still there even when the passenger side door was opened, and there's no suspension noise from bottom since my mechanic checked).

Here's the rubbing noise recorded sound: rubbing noise

Please help me to fix the rubbing noise. It's been 2 years ...