Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Window keeps opening when opening driver door

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 11:24 PM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Window keeps opening when opening driver door

I'm a new owner to the G. I think at first the car window would roll down slightly when I would open the door to get out, and then go back up when I would close the door (or so I think).

Anyways, we noticed lately that the window only opens up slightly when I open the door, and when I close the door it stays down. And everytime I open up the door, the window goes down further. So if it's raining or whatnot and the car is parked outdoors, nothing you can do

Ideas?
Old 12-07-2015, 12:00 AM
JUMBO PALACE
Registered Member

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
I'm a new owner to the G. I think at first the car window would roll down slightly when I would open the door to get out, and then go back up when I would close the door (or so I think).

Anyways, we noticed lately that the window only opens up slightly when I open the door, and when I close the door it stays down. And everytime I open up the door, the window goes down further. So if it's raining or whatnot and the car is parked outdoors, nothing you can do
Ideas?
Yeah, these cars lower the glass slightly and then close it again to stop wear and tear on the rubber weather seals. If it's not going back up I guess the electronics are malfunctioning and not realizing the door has been closed and that the window needs to be closed again. Dunno if there's a fix. Hit up your dealer. Probably just a failing window motor.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:33 AM
UCLAG37
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Was your car recently disconnected to your battery? It looks like the windows need to be reset. Put the ignition in the "on" position. Roll down the window and hold for 10 seconds and release. Then roll up and hold for 10 seconds. Do that for both windows to reset.

UCLAg37
The following users liked this post:
RickyBobby (12-07-2015)
Old 12-07-2015, 12:00 PM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

Originally Posted by UCLAG37
Was your car recently disconnected to your battery? It looks like the windows need to be reset. Put the ignition in the "on" position. Roll down the window and hold for 10 seconds and release. Then roll up and hold for 10 seconds. Do that for both windows to reset.

UCLAg37
Sounds exactly it, I was just taking the battery out earlier this week. Nice name, maybe I saw your G a few years back when I was in Westwood
Old 12-07-2015, 11:03 PM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Push the window switch so that the window goes all the way down then press and hold for 3secs pull the switch so the window goes all the way up then pull and hold for 3secs. That should reset your windows. Its been awhile since I've had to do it - haven't owned the car in about three years but if memory serves that should work.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:13 PM
steez

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by UCLAG37

UCLAg37
This has happened to me a few times without disconnecting the car battery (FYI only).

Simply holding both window buttons up for 10 sec. solves it for me.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:32 PM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

Glad it was something silly like I figured, not some actual issue like I feared. Would be terrible to find out I need to fix something only 1,000 miles in
Old 12-08-2015, 03:36 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Glad it worked out. Welcome to the forums