Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Official TRS XB LED direct fit foglights Group Buy! Don't miss out!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 07:29 PM
GFTW
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I just added nighttime pictures to my first post. Enjoy!
Old 11-20-2015, 08:54 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
I know mine is a coupe but here is what it looks like on mine..pardon the dirty fog light area

Name:  FullSizeRender_2.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  118.5 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender_3.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  115.7 KB

Name:  IMG_2217.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  121.5 KB

above picture I'm using Osram CBI's as HID bulbs.

Last edited by Goonz; 11-20-2015 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:59 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I'm slow.
You think you're slow brother????

It just took me ten minutes to figure out that I had to take the black tubes off the fog light connectors.

Sean
Old 11-20-2015, 09:49 PM
eurtsx

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Anyone bought these with the yellow lamin-x? I ordered my set with the yellow lamin-x last week, so it should arrive sometime in the next couple of days. Can't wait!
Old 11-20-2015, 10:10 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Turns out Lamin-x has multiple colors... I probably could have ordered it with amber cutouts. Oh well... Plenty of time to figure out what i want to do. Im thinking of going back to using the chrome fog rings, instead of the black ones.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:01 PM
Dembflyr
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Installed mine. Took about 1 hour.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:07 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Turns out Lamin-x has multiple colors... I probably could have ordered it with amber cutouts. Oh well... Plenty of time to figure out what i want to do. Im thinking of going back to using the chrome fog rings, instead of the black ones.
that's what I did, I ordered directly from Lamin-X and got the clear shade. I wasn't sure how the amber would mix with the 4300k-5000k shade of the LEDS
Old 11-21-2015, 10:41 AM
Mr Nurner

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Maybe it's just me, or maybe white balance settings but against those CBI bulbs that goonz posted the fogs look more 6000k than I'd like, hopefully once there are more installs we can get more pictures comparing them to CBIs at various angle...

@Goonz, do you have stock headlights with fresnal lens or do you have clear lenses???
Old 11-21-2015, 10:43 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
It's the weekend, and certainly many people here have their fogs in their hands. I'm really looking forward to seeing the pics.

And call me crazy, but I'm strongly resisting the urge to play with these today, and instead wait for Spring of next year. I wasn't going to buy LED fogs until March anyway, but couldn't resist this group buy opportunity.

Last edited by Rochester; 11-21-2015 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:12 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Me too.

This weekend I have rear turn LEDs and the 'window squeak and pop' fix on tap. I also threw in a set of all-weather mats for old man winter.

Then in a few days...fogs. I have to string out my activities to make them last. :roll-eyes

Sean
Old 11-21-2015, 12:10 PM
GFTW
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Nurner
Maybe it's just me, or maybe white balance settings but against those CBI bulbs that goonz posted the fogs look more 6000k than I'd like, hopefully once there are more installs we can get more pictures comparing them to CBIs at various angle...

@Goonz, do you have stock headlights with fresnal lens or do you have clear lenses???
I have the stock lenses with the Osram CBI bulbs rated 5500k. The fog lights look almost identical to the headlight. I would say the fogs are somewhere in between 5000k and 5500k, give or take.
Old 11-21-2015, 01:10 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

The picture is of my stock headlights and stock lens with the CBI's.

As of 2 weeks ago, I had my projector tuned and had clear lenses installed by ONEighty. Massive difference, just wish the output wide like that of TL's and RX350's. I sold the CBI's as the Osram Nightbreakers had far superior output than that of CBI's (which were strictly aesthetic)
Old 11-21-2015, 01:13 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by GFTW
I have the stock lenses with the Osram CBI bulbs rated 5500k. The fog lights look almost identical to the headlight. I would say the fogs are somewhere in between 5000k and 5500k, give or take.
I would disagree, they are not identical, my CBI's were broken in with almost 100+ hours of use and the color wasn't identical IMO. Perhaps when brand new but not when broken in, I lost output once the bulbs broke in which lead me to the Nightbreakers. But then again, can't put lipstick on a pig, our stock projectors are just awful unless somewhat modified.
The following users liked this post:
Mr Nurner (11-21-2015)
Old 11-21-2015, 03:11 PM
Mr Nurner

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Goonz
I would disagree, they are not identical, my CBI's were broken in with almost 100+ hours of use and the color wasn't identical IMO. Perhaps when brand new but not when broken in, I lost output once the bulbs broke in which lead me to the Nightbreakers. But then again, can't put lipstick on a pig, our stock projectors are just awful unless somewhat modified.
Thanks for the input. I would rather have more lumens from the headlights than I would color, I plan to pull my headlights next year and do clear lenses and paint the housing and I've been torn as to CBI vs. Nightbreakers, but have been leaning towards the Nightbreakers for sheer output. Sadly though, I may wind up not using the LED fogs 'cause I'd rather them match in color to the headlights due to my OCD. If they don't match I may as well leave my 3k hids in there. My OCD kicks in when i see newer cars with LED DRLs and they have Halogen headlights, it's like dafuq? Anyway, /End Rant, I'm Hoping to get more input on this matter when more folks get these LEDs installed and get pictures up.
Old 11-21-2015, 05:07 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Thanks for the input. I would rather have more lumens from the headlights than I would color, I plan to pull my headlights next year and do clear lenses and paint the housing and I've been torn as to CBI vs. Nightbreakers, but have been leaning towards the Nightbreakers for sheer output. Sadly though, I may wind up not using the LED fogs 'cause I'd rather them match in color to the headlights due to my OCD. If they don't match I may as well leave my 3k hids in there. My OCD kicks in when i see newer cars with LED DRLs and they have Halogen headlights, it's like dafuq? Anyway, /End Rant, I'm Hoping to get more input on this matter when more folks get these LEDs installed and get pictures up.
Nightbreakers are awesome, even in the stock projector you could easily tell the difference, everything seemed brighter for whatever reason. I was pleasantly surprised. The output of the LED fogs didn't match with the CBI's but they match pretty well with the Nightbreakers. Below is a pic with the stock Philips 85122+ bulb and the LED fogs.

Name:  FullSizeRender_1_1.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  40.2 KB

During the day it looks the same (brand new CBI's)

Name:  FullSizeRender_5.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  207.9 KB
The following users liked this post:
Mr Nurner (11-21-2015)

Quick Reply: Official TRS XB LED direct fit foglights Group Buy! Don't miss out!