Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Official TRS XB LED direct fit foglights Group Buy! Don't miss out!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 10:07 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Update - Labelling Discrepancy

Just called TRS...

No issue with the divergent box labelling mentioned in my post above. TRS indicated that a few boxes might have MOPAR checked on them, no big deal as the sticker for Infiniti is correct. All packages were double-checked and verified before going out.

Let the install begin!!!

Sean
Old 11-20-2015, 10:20 AM
EdsNotHere
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow!! Ordered last night and got email this morning with shipping notification.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:21 AM
awais
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Thanks op. Free shipping to Canada seals the deal.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:55 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
OP updated. and you're welcome guys

GET EM WHILE THE DEAL LASTS I believe till the end of this week I was told.

By now probably about 50-60 people ordered them, that's a good turn out.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:51 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Mine just arrived. Suppose I should open it up and take a look.

...just did, and apparently mine is checked for MOPAR, too. Hahahaha!

anyway, they look exactly like those posted above by PG-v36_6MT, with the custom bracket already attached to each, and two wire harness connectors in a little bag. I have to say, on first impression these seem like very solid, quality built items. The lens itself is beautiful, gently rounded at the edges for a totally seamless look. That was always something difficult to figure out in photos, but there is no plastic edge... the lens just curves downward.

Man, I am so tempted to work on this right now. Hmmm.

At the moment, I'm holding my extra fog rings up to the lens, (just because I happen to have a pair) and wondering about fitment. Really what I need to do is remove one of the fogs from my car.

Last edited by Rochester; 11-20-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:23 PM
Mr Nurner

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
This ends today or tomorrow?? I assume through Sat til midnight... Just checking though
Old 11-20-2015, 05:21 PM
Dembflyr
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Got mine today and I have a great excuse to hide in the garage for a couple of hours tonight if it takes that long.
My son has a few friends staying the night for his birthday.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:22 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by Mr Nurner
This ends today or tomorrow?? I assume through Sat til midnight... Just checking though
Well I was told it'll be till the end of the week so I figure by Sunday midnight? but don't quote me on that
Old 11-20-2015, 05:41 PM
GFTW
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I could not stand it seeing the fog lights sit lonely on my table, so I went ahead and did the install. Here are some tips, which I hope will help some of you get these installed quicker:

Tools you need: 10mm socket, 8mm wrench, long-nose plier, and a light source.

Jack the car up. Then remove the corner of the plastic undercover

I'm small so I was able to get to the fog lamp through this small opening

Next, you wanna use the 8mm wrench and unscrew the only bolt on the stock fog lamp. Also, there is a red plastic tab as you can see in the picture. There are 3-4 more tabs around the fog lamp. You want to ply these tabs and pull the chrome shroud out. It was kinda PITA to remove these chrome shrouds.

Once you remove the fog lamp and the chrome shroud, just put the new fog lamp in in reverse order. But before you do that, you want to screw the bolt to the new fog lamp to widen the thread (screw hole? I don't know what to call it). That way it would be easier when you reassemble the fog light

Before you connect the leads to the connector, make sure the red wire of the fog light go to the blue (purple) of the car connector. You can also test if the lights work by sticking the leads into the car connector just like in the picture below and then turn on the headlight switch:

And here is how you connect the leads to the connectors. Make sure the leads face each other "inwardly" the same way in the picture. Otherwise they would not go all the way in:

Close-up:

Now the long-nose plier comes into play. You use it to pull the leads from the inside of the connector
This picture is for reference only. It is not the connector of the fog lamp!

NOTE: once you slide the pins in all the way, they stay locked, so make sure you connect the pins (leads) the right way so that when you plug the connector in, the red wire connects to the blue (purple) wire, and black to black. Hope it makes sense!

After that, reassemble everything and you're good to go.

Here are some pictures of the light output:

It is beautiful. Crystal clear as you can see. IMHO, they are worth every penny. I don't have any picture of the light at night because I did the install around noon.

UPDATE:

Here are two pictures that I just took to show how bright these fog lights are. I tried to take these pictures at the same angle with the same focus to control confounding factors or bias

With headlights on

With headlights covered aka foglights only

Pretty bright right! I am very satisfied!

Last edited by GFTW; 11-20-2015 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Nighttime pictures added!
The following 4 users liked this post by GFTW:
Hanh (11-20-2015), lobuzz311 (12-06-2015), Mik3G37S (11-20-2015), ZahyMatar (11-21-2015)
Old 11-20-2015, 05:45 PM
Mr Nurner

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Well I was told it'll be till the end of the week so I figure by Sunday midnight? but don't quote me on that
Cool thanks, that's what I figured, (guess I should have said sat @ 11:59 lol).
Old 11-20-2015, 05:57 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by GFTW
I could not stand it seeing the fog lights sit lonely on my table, so I went ahead and did the install. Here are some tips, which I hope will help some of you get these installed quicker:

Tools you need: 10mm socket, 8mm wrench, long-nose plier, and a light source.

Jack the car up. Then remove the corner of the plastic undercover

I'm small so I was able to get to the fog lamp through this small opening

Next, you wanna use the 8mm wrench and unscrew the only bolt on the stock fog lamp. Also, there is a red plastic tab as you can see in the picture. There are 3-4 more tabs around the fog lamp. You want to ply these tabs and pull the chrome shroud out. It was kinda PITA to remove these chrome shrouds.

Once you remove the fog lamp and the chrome shroud, just put the new fog lamp in in reverse order. But before you do that, you want to screw the bolt to the new fog lamp to widen the thread (screw hole? I don't know what to call it). That way it would be easier when you reassemble the fog light

Before you connect the leads to the connector, make sure the red wire of the fog light go to the blue (purple) of the car connector

And here is how you connect the leads to the connectors. Make sure the leads face each other the same way in the picture. Otherwise they would not go all the way in:

Now the long-nose plier comes into play. You use it to pull the leads from the inside of the connector. (Didn't take picture of this)

After that, reassemble everything and you're good to go.

Here are some pictures of the light output:

It is beautiful. Crystal clear as you can see. IMHO, they are worth every penny. I don't have any picture of the light at night because I did the install around noon.
Very nice write up sir! Thanks for that, I'm sure it'll be useful and helpful to anybody who will be installing them in the next few days! I see you were actually able to take a few decent up-close shots of the light output, certainly crystal clear, and the optics(projector) looks awesome indeed. I'll share this thread with guys on FB groups incase anyone needs tips.

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 11-20-2015 at 06:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GFTW (11-20-2015)
Old 11-20-2015, 06:03 PM
GFTW
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Very nice write up sir! Thanks for that, I'm sure it'll be useful and helpful to anybody who will be installing them in the next few days! I see you were actually able to take a few up-close shots of the light output, certainly crystal clear, and the optics(projector) looks awesome indeed. I'll share this thread with guys on FB groups incase anyone needs tips.
Glad to hear that!
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (11-20-2015)
Old 11-20-2015, 06:27 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Very nice write up. Well done.

However, I still don't understand how to assemble the harness. I'm slow.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:37 PM
GFTW
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Very nice write up. Well done.

However, I still don't understand how to assemble the harness. I'm slow.
Like Mike said before, just slide the pins (leads) to the connectors that come in the package. Make sure they face each other inwardly like this picture:

Once you slide them into the connecter, you want to use a plier to pull them all the way out from the other side of the connect like this:

Also, like I said in my previous post, once you slide the pins in all the way, they stay locked, so make sure you connect the pins (leads) the right way so that when you plug the connector in, the red wire connects to the blue (purple) wire, and black to black. Hope it makes sense!

Last edited by GFTW; 11-20-2015 at 06:59 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by GFTW:
Mik3G37S (11-20-2015), Rochester (11-20-2015)
Old 11-20-2015, 06:49 PM
cabo
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Just ordered 2 sets for me and my buddy..... great DIY looks good can't wait!!!!

Quick Reply: Official TRS XB LED direct fit foglights Group Buy! Don't miss out!