Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Official TRS XB LED direct fit foglights Group Buy! Don't miss out!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 11:58 AM
lobuzz311
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts
No response for me yet. I'm calling this morning, as I do want to install asap.
TRS s--t the bed on 2 orders in the span of a week. First 2 orders from them for me... Not a good start.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:45 PM
Z33_SPL
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm OCD and need to have the foglights match the headlights. How well do the Morimoto XB and CBI bulbs match to these foglights?
Old 12-09-2015, 06:11 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Z33_SPL
I'm OCD and need to have the foglights match the headlights. How well do the Morimoto XB and CBI bulbs match to these foglights?
My Morimoto XB35's 5500k match very close to the these fogs.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:54 AM
eurtsx

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by lobuzz311
No response for me yet. I'm calling this morning, as I do want to install asap.
TRS s--t the bed on 2 orders in the span of a week. First 2 orders from them for me... Not a good start.
Meh, I wouldn't go that far.

They did a great job in doing this group buy for us and sent them out quickly. But because it was quick, they probably looked over the connectors for some of the boxes. Unfortunately for you, it was both of your orders.

They got back to me yesterday and had the shipping confirmation go out the same day as well.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:00 PM
CPJ LB
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts
got everything dialed in....the TRS LED fogs look great with the CBI's. I also did the clear lens swap and it really improves the headlight output...

Name:  002e4b37-6427-40af-9126-d4214b6750e6_zpspghqczxe.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  347.6 KB
The following users liked this post:
eurtsx (12-11-2015)
Old 12-14-2015, 03:01 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
I took my bumper off cause it was very much a pita to get the chrome trim off. Very happy with quality. It does have a small gap in between the fog light and chrome piece.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:02 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
AFTER

Old 12-14-2015, 04:42 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Looks great!!

I got the small gap as well. Not noticeable to civilians. Only we hobbyists who've got down on the ground know about these things. SHHHH...

Sean
Old 12-16-2015, 11:46 AM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Special shout out to GTFW for the write up on the install of these lights. I got them installed with no hang ups at all. They also look great!
Old 01-09-2016, 08:55 PM
bri

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
OMG just had to vent. Spent an hour just on the passenger side and it's been one of the most painful projects on this car. Even worse than doing spark plugs on my Subaru. Working blind, using only fingertips to rotate a wrench on mounting bolt (this alone took 30 min with a ratcheting wrench), not being able to line the bolt back up, having the undertray edge constantly biting into my arm... UGH now to the driver side when I can move my fingers again. Also, they don't mount as tightly as the stock lamps and can wiggle slightly because it's only fastened in one spot. The stock lamps seems to be held down by the trim ring but the LED lamp is slightly shorter and has some space to the trim ring. Seems like they may bounce a little when the car hits a bump.

Originally Posted by Goonz
Nightbreakers are awesome, even in the stock projector you could easily tell the difference, everything seemed brighter for whatever reason. I was pleasantly surprised. The output of the LED fogs didn't match with the CBI's but they match pretty well with the Nightbreakers. Below is a pic with the stock Philips 85122+ bulb and the LED fogs.

Are the nightbreakers really appear to be higher color temp than CBI? Matches better with the LED fogs? I haven't been impressed with the CBI's they are only slightly less yellow (I wouldn't say more white) than the stock bulbs. Especially now put side by side with LED parking lights and fog lamps.

Last edited by bri; 01-09-2016 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:27 PM
lobuzz311
Registered Member

Yeah, the reservoir makes the passenger side a huge pita...
Old 01-09-2016, 10:17 PM
bri

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Piece of rectangular foam fell out of passenger side, does anyone know where it goes? Don't see any similar piece on driver side.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:29 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
It's not that much of a PITA if you get the car on the lift and do it from underneath...

I hate the fact that Infiniti decided to only use one mounting point instead of at least two....

I just installed my complimentary set of fogs from TRS yesterday and I wanted to ask if anybody else had the issue where, the fogs are aimed all the way down yet they all light up trees and houses instead of the actual street infront of me... I can't seem to figure this out, either the adjusting ***** on mine are faulty or the whole assembly is faulty... Me and Matt at TRS exchanged few words about this yesterday, but I'll be figuring this out with Matt tomorrow...
Old 01-10-2016, 11:52 AM
lobuzz311
Registered Member

I did it from below while lifted, taking off the corner panel and it was still a pita... The reservoir just doesn't allow for much movement. I have big hands too, so there's that.

I agree with the single mounting point issue. It never seemed solid, no matter how tight I got the assembly. The bracket on the back of these fogs doesn't seat as snugly as the OEM ones, though, so that's part of the issue. Once you tighten them down fully and put back the grill and trim ring, it holds it in place reasonably well, though. I haven't had any flickering issues or anything from them shifting around.

Not sure about your aiming issue. Could they possibly be upside down somehow? Since they're designed to point down, having them light up trees would seem they were upside down. That seems weird, though, as I can't think of any way they'd fit upside down. Maybe the brackets were installed wrong?
Old 01-10-2016, 12:18 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by lobuzz311
I did it from below while lifted, taking off the corner panel and it was still a pita... The reservoir just doesn't allow for much movement. I have big hands too, so there's that.

I agree with the single mounting point issue. It never seemed solid, no matter how tight I got the assembly. The bracket on the back of these fogs doesn't seat as snugly as the OEM ones, though, so that's part of the issue. Once you tighten them down fully and put back the grill and trim ring, it holds it in place reasonably well, though. I haven't had any flickering issues or anything from them shifting around.

Not sure about your aiming issue. Could they possibly be upside down somehow? Since they're designed to point down, having them light up trees would seem they were upside down. That seems weird, though, as I can't think of any way they'd fit upside down. Maybe the brackets were installed wrong?
I really don't see how they could be upside down, not a chance, the Morimoto lettering on them is how it should be. Here are a few pictures to show the light output...

Foglights off, only lowbeams, clear lens with CBI bulbs.

EVERYTHING off, only foglights on.
a 'little' too high up if you ask me...

Quick Reply: Official TRS XB LED direct fit foglights Group Buy! Don't miss out!