Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Theretrofit Source XB Led projector style foglights

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 08:35 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts

This is strictly for 2010+ Sedan owners or whoever has done a 2010+ front end swap.

I spoke to the owner of TRS (TheRetrofit Source) about the current XB LED projector style foglights (2010+ Sedan) that they have for our cars ( modification required), to make a direct fit bracket, to which his reply was

-" We're doing a facelift to the "Type S" fog that these are based on and will consider tooling a bracket to make them a direct fit for the G. Show us the interest though, that will help!“

So here I am trying to see who would be interested in those, the more people the better. They're awesome, I have them on my car but had to modify them to make them fit, and since I'm OCD about those things, I'd like to switch them out for updated ones with the direct fit bracket.

There's already about 15 people interested in the FB groups so far,and counting, so I'm really hoping many of you guys will be interested as well

Here's the link of the fogs so anyone of you can check them out

Nissan Round LED Fog Lights - High Performance Fog Lamp Upgrades - The Retrofit Source

Here are two pictures of them on.

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 11-09-2015 at 09:53 PM.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:01 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Picture of light output and cutoff available?
Old 10-26-2015, 09:09 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by qmantran
I would have to go and take some shots for ya... hmm let me figure out where I can go around here, where it's dark
Old 10-26-2015, 10:07 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Hey Man what's happening?

They look good to me and the price is right.

But...do they work as fog lights still? I've seen that people have swapped out their incandescent fogs for LED and it looks cool because it kinda matches the HIDs. But as far as fog lights...not so much...just a wall of bright white when it's foggy or misty out.

I may be alone here, but I really use my fogs when it's foggy. I NEED them to work...particularly with a new driver in the house.

Sean
Old 10-26-2015, 10:12 PM
Mik3G37S

Hey Sean! Yes they do most certainly work, and the light output is focused and legit, I know very well what you're talking about hence why I had HIDs in there for a long time until I upgraded to these. These can definitely be used as fog lights. They're my LED DRLs during the day( wired to the stock switch and used independently) and are foglights at night. I'll take some pictures tomorrow at night, I'm beat today and don't feel like getting out of the house
The following users liked this post:
VIVID (10-26-2015)
Old 10-26-2015, 10:55 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Hey Sean! Yes they do most certainly work, and the light output is focused and legit, I know very well what you're talking about hence why I had HIDs in there for a long time until I upgraded to these. These can definitely be used as fog lights. They're my LED DRLs during the day( wired to the stock switch and used independently) and are foglights at night. I'll take some pictures tomorrow at night, I'm beat today and don't feel like getting out of the house
That sounds great then. I'd actaually love some DRLs. Around here there are a number of mandatory-headlight-use areas and I'm forever forgetting to turn them on or off.

So relax, get some rest, and count me in for the upgrade.

Sean
Old 10-28-2015, 12:00 AM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by qmantran
I'm sorry but it's all I could get for now, I just literally got home after work and was helping my buddy move in to his new place. I took this quickly right before I went upstairs.. not the best picture showing all of the output but it's pretty damn bright, trust me. cutoffs are a little misaligned because I have those kinda hacked in there, and had no time to play around with those more to get them adjusted to my liking, which would be both even and a little lower.

But here's a picture so you can get an idea. Tomorrow I'll go somewhere dark and take more pictures.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:56 AM
salmonslayer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
^If that's just fog lights then the output is great. That's almost as good as the headlights.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:52 AM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by salmonslayer
^If that's just fog lights then the output is great. That's almost as good as the headlights.
Yes it is just fog lights seperately, I can turn them on independently without headlights
Old 10-28-2015, 10:48 AM
Z33_SPL
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm interested. What are we talking about price wise?
Old 10-28-2015, 02:56 PM
SepaG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Id be interested. Especially in a selective yellow color.

Also.... $20 for laminx film when laminx themselves only charge $15?
Old 10-28-2015, 05:39 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by SepaG
Id be interested. Especially in a selective yellow color.

Also.... $20 for laminx film when laminx themselves only charge $15?
Lol can't get mad at a $5 mark up. How do you expect for them to make any money off it if they are paying $15 for it and selling it for $15?

I don't know what laminx charges for shipping but in the end its probably close to $20
Old 10-29-2015, 06:33 PM
Mik3G37S

This was the latest response of the owner of TRS - There's not much to it, our type s already "fits" so technically we're just looking at a new bracket, just about 10k in tooling there. I think we're in though"

To which my reply was, once there is a direct fit bracket for them for our cars, a lot more people will be interested in these foglights because they're just simply awesome. Stay tuned as I'll be trying to reach out to him and get some answers on what the pricing would be and some more general info.

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 11-16-2015 at 08:06 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mik3G37S:
VIVID (10-29-2015), Z33_SPL (10-29-2015)
Old 10-29-2015, 06:34 PM
G10
Registered Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
Mike -

Good job , I am interested so keep us posted.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:45 PM
krazyfiend
Registered Member

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts
although this is the xB fog application on a coupe... just wanted to show an example of why I went with xB fog lights from TRS. Not only for output, but also for color/light output matching my switchback turns (some custom wiring to make that work), TRS xB city light wedge bulbs, and Osram CBI's.

I had used 3k halogens in my stock fogs since getting the car and have always been a proponent of 'true' fog lights that can cut through the stuff when needed and on back country roads. The output, cut off line and additional side lighting thrown by these fogs (think deer) is worth the switch from a yellow 3k halogen fog light. It doesn't do any of the glare effects often seen from those that put HID's into halogen meant oem fog housings.

I inquired about 3k led fogs, it's on TRS's radar, but no timetable and 3k led output tech is not there yet (requires an array currently to produce yellow IIRC). Unless you want to do a yellow overlay, which I'm not a fan of when the lights are off.
Attached Thumbnails Theretrofit Source XB Led projector style foglights-0627151004e.jpg  

Quick Reply: Theretrofit Source XB Led projector style foglights