Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Theretrofit Source XB Led projector style foglights

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 07:00 PM
tscani
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I thought for coupe we need type n at least for ipl coupe or g with ipl bumper. Correct me if i am wrong.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:03 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by tscani
I thought for coupe we need type n at least for ipl coupe or g with ipl bumper. Correct me if i am wrong.
Coupes have it easy... Direct fit XB fogs are the Type N ones, coupes have different foglights than sedans that's why OP states that this is strictly rallying interest for sedan owners to come forward together and show interest
Old 10-29-2015, 07:05 PM
tscani
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I like to hop on GP too if there is coupe version.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:09 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by tscani
I like to hop on GP too if there is coupe version.
The coupe version is already there for sale on theretrofitsource.com website, this is not a group buy for the Coupe ones but rather a rally of interest to get as many people interested as possible so it's worth for TRS to make the direct fit bracket for the ones in the first post for sedans only. No need to have one developed for coupes because they already are plug n play on their website
Old 10-29-2015, 10:06 PM
krazyfiend
Registered Member

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts
Sorry to cause any confusion w my earlier post.. just speaking up for how good the actual output of the xB fogs are.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:16 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
this is not a group buy for the Coupe ones but rather a rally of interest to get as many people interested as possible so it's worth for TRS to make the direct fit bracket for the ones in the first post for sedans only.
I'm on board with this.

/subbed
Old 10-29-2015, 10:22 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by krazyfiend
although this is the xB fog application on a coupe... just wanted to show an example of why I went with xB fog lights from TRS. Not only for output, but also for color/light output matching my switchback turns (some custom wiring to make that work), TRS xB city light wedge bulbs, and Osram CBI's.

I had used 3k halogens in my stock fogs since getting the car and have always been a proponent of 'true' fog lights that can cut through the stuff when needed and on back country roads. The output, cut off line and additional side lighting thrown by these fogs (think deer) is worth the switch from a yellow 3k halogen fog light. It doesn't do any of the glare effects often seen from those that put HID's into halogen meant oem fog housings.

I inquired about 3k led fogs, it's on TRS's radar, but no timetable and 3k led output tech is not there yet (requires an array currently to produce yellow IIRC). Unless you want to do a yellow overlay, which I'm not a fan of when the lights are off.
Originally Posted by krazyfiend
Sorry to cause any confusion w my earlier post.. just speaking up for how good the actual output of the xB fogs are.
Thank you for chiming in about this! Not having time to write it all up nicely in all detail probably leaves some people not really convinced reading about those fogs, I know how awesome they are, I automatically thought that it'd sparkle a lot of interest easily, because to me at least "led projector foglights" speaks well for itself.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:23 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by Rochester
I'm on board with this.

/subbed
Awesome, glad to hear
Old 10-29-2015, 10:36 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Wait... Mike, i thought you had HID fogs. Trying something new, are you?
Old 10-29-2015, 10:39 PM
Mik3G37S

Wait... Mike, i thought you had HID fogs. Trying something new, are you?
Nope, but not to clutter this thread, read the 3rd paragraph of my OP.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:26 PM
Mik3G37S

I got ahold of the fogs with the direct fit bracket for our cars which was VERY lucky if you ask me, neither DD nor TRS are in possesion of those brackets for these fogs

I'm just going to let the pictures speak for themselves... if anybody is confused please say so and I will explain :Hsugh:

And side by side comparison with stock fog lights

Enjoy

Before I install those I gotta run to the dealer and get a matching bolt for the mounting hole (seen in the picture with the back of the original foglight) because one broke off when uninstalled the stock fogs..

I also will be ordering a precut Lamin-x protective clear film for them before putting them on
Old 11-09-2015, 09:40 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Nice pics, Mike.

So the bracket bolts to the two holes in the generic housing, providing the bolt hole that lines up with our car... is that how it works?

Also, it looks like the OEM lens wraps around the edges, whereas this lens has a lip. I'm wondering how well the Lamin-x will wrap around that without air bubbles. As you know, I'm asking specifically because I'm inclined to wrap the lens with Amber tint, like I did my OEM lens. I rather like that look. Or maybe it doesn't matter with the ring on the lens.

Actually, that's a good idea.... Mike, could you take another set of close-up photos with the fog ring over the lens, please?

Psyched to see your on-the-car pics. Are you going to install one side first and take photos for direct comparison?
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (11-09-2015)
Old 11-09-2015, 09:48 PM
Mik3G37S

Nice pics, Mike.

So the bracket clips on to the housing... is that how it works?

Also, it looks like the OEM lens wraps around the edges, whereas this lens has a lip. I'm wondering how well the Lamin-x will wrap around that without air bubbles. Or maybe it doesn't matter with the ring on the lens.

That's a good idea. Mike, take another set of close-up photos with the fog ring over the lens, please.

Psyched to see your on-the-car pics. Are you going to install one side first and take photos for direct comparison?
Thank you John.

The bracket is held on to the housing using two bolts ( not supplied ) on the left and right, I don't think it'll be an issue at all wrapping the Lamin-X around that neither without air bubbles plus just like you said Ring will be covering the edges anyway.

I won't be able to take pictures of those with the rings off the car, because the only set of rings I have are on the car and it will be a quick swap from underneath when I get a chance to get it on the lift.

I would take photos for direct comparison except I no longer have those stock fogs installed in my car, I have the same ones but they are hacked in there, with a bracket that was never meant to fit the car and because of that , their light pattern was misaligned which bugged me very much.

Trust me John, I'm really OCD about bright and good lighting and I can tell you that you wouldn't look back at all, after getting those. :Hsugh:

I'm ordering clear Lamin-X right now, and I might just have my vinyl guy apply it for me nicely.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:56 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Er-r, OK. I'll wait for installed pics. At the moment, these fogs are targeted for March anyway. How'd you get a hold of the bracket before TRS did? I thought TRS was making it.

What, you only have one set of fog rings? LOL
Old 11-09-2015, 10:07 PM
Mik3G37S

Er-r, OK. I'll wait for installed pics. At the moment, these fogs are targeted for March anyway. How'd you get a hold of the bracket before TRS did? I thought TRS was making it.

What, you only have one set of fog rings? LOL
I miraculously happened to get them from A source locally, I don't want to put their name out here yet, because I didn't get an answer from them whether they'll have more (I'm working on it, told them I'd have quite a "few" people interested) . I got the last set they had, and they got theirs straight from the manufacturer in Asia meanwhile TRS has been throwing people off with this for quite a while as well as the place where I got them from for like a year I was told so they decided to contact the manufacturer directly and so they did.

I still don't know what TRS is up to and what are they doing in regards to this or when they'll decide on getting it done... now seems like it's a little too late for them.

As for the fog rings, why would I have two sets of fog rings lol, ah damnit John... Now because of You I think I may have to get another and get them vinyl wrapped while at it how much did you pay for yours? what's the cheapest place to get them?

Quick Reply: Theretrofit Source XB Led projector style foglights