Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Installed 6000k Headlight Bulbs by "Kensun"

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 04:58 PM
Morgan Thompson
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool, guys.... The lights had really positive reviews on Amazon and I can see just fine at night. If I have problems then obviously I will opt for more expensive bulbs. Why would I shell out hundreds of dollars for bulbs when I can get a deal for a quality pair that people recommend.

And to the comment that they look "ricey".. really?
Old 03-06-2015, 05:42 PM
GW330
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Morgan Thompson
Cool, guys.... The lights had really positive reviews on Amazon and I can see just fine at night. If I have problems then obviously I will opt for more expensive bulbs. Why would I shell out hundreds of dollars for bulbs when I can get a deal for a quality pair that people recommend.

They look great, some people here get defensive really quickly, welcome to this forum... The best part of a forum is to share ones experiences with different parts/brands/prices.. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

Thanks for sharing and keep us posted if anything happens!
Old 03-06-2015, 06:25 PM
Morgan Thompson
Registered Member

Originally Posted by GW330
They look great, some people here get defensive really quickly, welcome to this forum... The best part of a forum is to share ones experiences with different parts/brands/prices.. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

Thanks for sharing and keep us posted if anything happens!
Haha.. tell me about it. Thank you, GW330. I will give an update if anything does go wrong with them. In the meantime, all of you should lighten up and make an effort to be less pessimistic.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:29 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts

Yes.... IMHO any lights with a hint of blue looks ricey.

Last edited by 2008G-Man; 03-07-2015 at 01:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Morgan Thompson (03-06-2015)
Old 03-06-2015, 06:30 PM
Morgan Thompson
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Need 4 Speed
On the G I had the hardest problems finding the right Hid... after many cheap trials and errors I ended up going to both for Fog and HID with Morimoto... total set was about $180 for fogs and Hids... no fault as most do and No flicker.... You will get off most lower brands both of those issues and when I plugged in both, they just fired up and being 5k lighting that it was perfectly white...no blue no yellow...

Now being in the Q50 I have 5k lighting LED's of course.

In the G having 5k was the perfect combo for the light reach maximum distance IMO and still never had a issue....
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. If these turn out to be a bust I will look into Morimoto. Nice Q50!
Old 03-07-2015, 09:25 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
If you need proper LED fogs, then I would get these from theretrofitsource
I just purchased these and will be installing them shortly. They are proper LED bulbs in a meant to be LED housing by Morimoto. These will be a direct swap from your stock fog light housing to this and the output will be greater than that of an LED bulb you put in the stock housing.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:11 PM
Morgan Thompson
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Goonz
If you need proper LED fogs, then I would get these from theretrofitsource
I just purchased these and will be installing them shortly. They are proper LED bulbs in a meant to be LED housing by Morimoto. These will be a direct swap from your stock fog light housing to this and the output will be greater than that of an LED bulb you put in the stock housing.

Cool! So I guess to install those I would need to cut a whole in my faux fog light openings? I currently don't have a fog light housing. Or are you saying that would fit into the headlight housing where my fog lights are
Old 03-09-2015, 02:33 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts

We offer LED replacement housings as well!

Feel free to give us a call if you have any fitment questions: (314) 205-3033

These could be added to your G, but you'll need the factory bezels

Nick C.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:02 PM
Herostar
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by smakfactor1
Yeah I tried the Diode Dynamic 6000k's on my 13' and they didn't work for poop(had to toggle lights on/off a bunch to get them to ignite) Note: Supposedly they work great on 2010 and older models(ballast change).

I put the same bulbs in my FX35, they work fine, but my 10-year-old OEM bulbs were still brighter (enough that my girlfriend immediately noticed even though I didn't tell her).

Diode Dynamics has good prices and fast shipping, and the LEDs I ordered are working well.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:39 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Cool! So I guess to install those I would need to cut a whole in my faux fog light openings? I currently don't have a fog light housing. Or are you saying that would fit into the headlight housing where my fog lights are
yea these would only replace if you have OEM fogs on your lower front bumper rather than the headlights.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:41 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
We offer LED replacement housings as well!

Feel free to give us a call if you have any fitment questions: (314) 205-3033

These could be added to your G, but you'll need the factory bezels

Nick C.
Do you offer them for Nissan's?
Old 03-10-2015, 03:06 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Goonz
Do you offer them for Nissan's?
We are still adding new fitment information for them, but they do fit some models listed on our site

Nick C.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:13 AM
Oh My G 523

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's the best and easiest way to remove our factory fog light housing? Bc now
I must add these moshimotos to my to do list.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:22 PM
photopro
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
being a photogrpaher and retrofitted a few cars with HIDs, i can confidently say LED bulbs for the FRONT of a vehicle (other then city lights, DRL on new Q50) are a waste of time and money. LED for the rear of the car are good as LEDS for vehicles are meant to be seen, which is what you need for the rear. The front lights are meant for ILLUMINATION to SEE, and thats where LEDs fall short. Projection is not enough to be functional and the output is less then a halogen bulb. They are good for looks (fogs) if thats what you want but for anything else on the front get a high quality bulb or replace the ballasts with high quality 50 watt ballasts. You will most likely lose the self leveling features and will need a wiring harness to protect your OEM wiring.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:29 PM
slawek65
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by photopro
being a photogrpaher and retrofitted a few cars with HIDs, i can confidently say LED bulbs for the FRONT of a vehicle (other then city lights, DRL on new Q50) are a waste of time and money. LED for the rear of the car are good as LEDS for vehicles are meant to be seen, which is what you need for the rear. The front lights are meant for ILLUMINATION to SEE, and thats where LEDs fall short. Projection is not enough to be functional and the output is less then a halogen bulb. They are good for looks (fogs) if thats what you want but for anything else on the front get a high quality bulb or replace the ballasts with high quality 50 watt ballasts. You will most likely lose the self leveling features and will need a wiring harness to protect your OEM wiring.
I think You are wrong Sir. " 50 watt ballasts " so You can blind everybody on the road.

Quick Reply: Installed 6000k Headlight Bulbs by "Kensun"