Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Paaenger window not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 01:45 AM
G37S Bill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Paaenger window not working

Hey all, got in my car tonight and tried to roll down the windows and the passenger window would not roll down at all . Neither switch would work to roll it down but the funny thing is when I open the door it does still go down the little bit required to open the door. I tried resetting it like others do when the auto window feature does not work but that did not do anything. I thought maybe the motor was out but I would assume it would not move when I opened the door either. Could both switches go bad at once? Is there a separate fuse for each window?

Thanks for any advice

Bill
Old 05-04-2014, 12:21 AM
G37S Bill

So quick update I disconnected the battery and also pulled the door panel to see if there was any loose wires. Found nothing but when I reconnected the battery the window rolled all the way down and will not go up now. Neither switch works for that window but the drivers window works fine after I reset it. I am guessing there must be a relay that is bad. Does anyone have a diagram or any idea if there is a relay somewhere I could replace? My last resort is try to use the extended warranty on he car but it has. $100 deductible so if the repair part is less money I would rather fix myself
Old 05-04-2014, 09:05 AM
monytx
Registered Member

Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts
To close it temporarily, insert the key into the door and turn towards the lock direction and then hold it there and the window will go up. As far as the rest, if the window reset doesn't work, I have no clue.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:33 AM
sprix

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
You may have already checked this, but near the window switches on the driver's side of the car, there is a small button that (if pressed) will stop the passenger window from rolling up or down. Try pressing it, and then rolling up or down, and see if that makes a difference with the problem you are having.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:11 AM
monytx
Registered Member

Originally Posted by sprix
You may have already checked this, but near the window switches on the driver's side of the car, there is a small button that (if pressed) will stop the passenger window from rolling up or down. Try pressing it, and then rolling up or down, and see if that makes a difference with the problem you are having.
That's a good point. Totally forgot about the window locks.

The button right next to the lock button.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:44 AM
G37S Bill

Wow, thanks guys. That was it. It seems strange the window lock would disable both the drivers side and passenger side switches. Every other car I have ever had that switch would still allow the drivers door to function everything. Feel a little foolish but glad I do not have to take it in now.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:52 AM
monytx
Registered Member

Lol, normally it's just the passenger side. I've had issues where my girlfriend is in the car with me but keeps rolling the windows up. I put the lock on so I can keep it down but then when I get out of the car, I forget to take it off and end up leaving the passenger window down.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:04 AM
sprix

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by G37S Bill
Wow, thanks guys. That was it. It seems strange the window lock would disable both the drivers side and passenger side switches. Every other car I have ever had that switch would still allow the drivers door to function everything. Feel a little foolish but glad I do not have to take it in now.
You are welcome! Anything I can do to help a fellow owner keep a few dollars in his pocket is great

I use that feature as a joke for unruly passengers... but I can't think of any use for it outside of causing people to be very nervous after accidentally pressing it.

I am just glad that G37 coupes are nothing like our G35 coupe predecessors in that regard... those things have the worst window motors ever.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:34 PM
G37S Bill

yeah, My wife was rolling up the window last night and I hit the lock button as a joke and it stopped half way up. She freaked for a second until she realized I was messing with her.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:14 PM
rmfnla

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
My wife likes to turn the seat warmers on when I'm not looking...
Old 05-06-2014, 07:03 PM
G37S Bill

Originally Posted by rmfnla
My wife likes to turn the seat warmers on when I'm not looking...

This is funny. My wife and kids have been known to pull this off as well. Imagine your seat getting warm when it is 120 outside