Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Help Removing Emblem/Badge Adhesive

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 12:59 PM
RyanWang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was stressing out about how difficult it was to get the adhesive out all yesterday. I just picked up Goo Gone this morning and it worked amazingly! I just applied it with a towel, let it sit for a minute, and then buffed it out. It came out really clean and no marks whatsoever. I'm a happy camper.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:42 PM
JeremyCherry1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used a hair dryer to heat it up and was able to get it all off with my finger and then a little gas on a paper towell to get off any remaining gunk. Then wash.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:25 PM
4rnr

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Paratrooper
I have the answer your looking for!

For the longest time, I spent hours removing adhesive from multiple cars by hand...and it sucked. Until I did some research and found the 3M eraser wheel... that with a $30 electric drill from lowes and I never looked back. I debadged my trunk, adhesive and all..in under 20min.

You wont be dissapointed, practice makes perfect as you got to feel what your doing. It wont damage your clearcoat or paint, as long as you dont spend a long time in one spot.

I followed up with the scratch X 2.0 above as well for the faint lines or cloudy residue that wouldnt come off.

Hope this helps.

X2 I've debadged so many vehicles this way, if you was in Denver Id let you use mine or heck anyone in Denver that wants to mine is more than welcome.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:07 PM
DirtyG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Huge shout out to the search feature! So this is what happened, I waxed my car on Valentine's so the wife and I could enjoy our sweet (new to us) ride. Valentine's was awesome, car looked freaking fantastic and then...... I noticed I missed a little wax around one of the letters on the trunk. No problem, grabbed a soft towel and stared to clean it up a little and then the letter fell to the ground. I was kind of in shock but figured what the heck might as well do the rest right. I love the way these cars look debadged and I've considered it but figured my energy was better spent on other parts of the car since it's still new to me. So sure enough the other letters came off just as easy, freaking sweet right? Wrong, what stupid idiot debadged this car at some point and then re-glued the letters back on? Holy cow it looks like super glue, so I'm thinking goo gone as suggested since I have used it before with good results. If that doesn't work then I'm not exactly sure what to do. One of the offices I work out of has an auto paint place right by it so I might swing in there and see what they suggest.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:09 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Goo gone, your fingernails, a towel. If it's super glued on..well then good luck. If it's just the adhesive and none of the glue is on the body of the car, you should be able to scrape it off. Just remember to wash and wax the spot after you're done.
Old 02-18-2015, 02:30 PM
South3rn

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Nail Polish Remover (Acetone). and Qtip.

Try in hidden place. SHOULDN'T hurt paint, but check first.

Should remove Super glue. Then wash acetone off completely...and reapply wax.

I don't know much about Infiniti....but cars is cars.