Body Interior Exterior Lighting

GTR style taillight overlay for blue slate

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 12:39 PM
knothx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GTR style taillight overlay for blue slate

Hello everyone,

I've done some research but have yet to seen these overlays in 6/10 on a blue slate sedan, most of them are on coupes or sedans on different color. I was just wondering if anyone has a picture of their car with these on their blue slate?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-27-2013, 01:08 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by knothx
Hello everyone,

I've done some research but have yet to seen these overlays in 6/10 on a blue slate sedan, most of them are on coupes or sedans on different color. I was just wondering if anyone has a picture of their car with these on their blue slate?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
If you're not on a lease I'd highly recommend painting them, here's my DIY and I can get you the cutouts if you're interested. I've had overlays prior and painting is a much better & cleaner look.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...ils-sedan.html
Old 10-28-2013, 01:54 AM
knothx

Originally Posted by blnewt
If you're not on a lease I'd highly recommend painting them, here's my DIY and I can get you the cutouts if you're interested. I've had overlays prior and painting is a much better & cleaner look.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...ils-sedan.html
Thanks for the suggestion, but I rather just apply the overlays just incase I decide the sell the car in the future and I can just easily revert it back to stock instead of buying another set of tail lights!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:43 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by knothx
Thanks for the suggestion, but I rather just apply the overlays just incase I decide the sell the car in the future and I can just easily revert it back to stock instead of buying another set of tail lights!
Understood
Not as easy as simply removing a piece of vinyl, but a fairly quick sand down followed by a clear coat & polish will get the lights back to stock again. There is a BlueBatmobile overlay thread floating around in the media share section I believe that should have some pics of the vinyl tails.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:00 PM
knothx

Originally Posted by blnewt
Understood
Not as easy as simply removing a piece of vinyl, but a fairly quick sand down followed by a clear coat & polish will get the lights back to stock again. There is a BlueBatmobile overlay thread floating around in the media share section I believe that should have some pics of the vinyl tails.
Ya I've been looking through that thread, these overlays are mostly on coupes but since coupes have a 1 piece taillight, I think it will look different on the sedans since its a 2 piece taillight
Old 11-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Blue_Batmobile
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
lemme see what I have..

B@t™
Old 11-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Snoogz
Registered Member

I'd also be interested to see. I'm very tempted to niteshade my tails especially since I did them on my previous car. However, Texas inspection doesn't allow for any smoked tails so it'd be easier to just pull the overlays off when I go in to renew. If I like the look that is.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Blue_Batmobile
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
I dont have pics. Though I know someone posted pics on Driver a good while back.

B@t™