Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

White-Amber Switchback Wiring Won't Work

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 09:26 PM
samkon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
White-Amber Switchback Wiring Won't Work

I have the LEDs installed. However I don't know what wire to tap into to make the amber switchback occur. Tried taping into both sides and they didn't work. One wire it green for the left side and one is brown for the right. How do I fix it and what wire do I tap

09 g37 sedan
Old 10-04-2013, 10:27 PM
aktif8

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
One side of the resistor goes to the green wire with black stripe, the other goes to black. Ignore the other green (that's the running light wire.)

The resistor wires can go to either side; there's no polarity.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:43 PM
samkon

Originally Posted by aktif8
One side of the resistor goes to the green wire with black stripe, the other goes to black. Ignore the other green (that's the running light wire.)

The resistor wires can go to either side; there's no polarity.
What's the resistor. And do I have to tap into two wire for each side? I'm lost unfortunately.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:47 PM
samkon

So the driver side I go to the Green black stripe and the passenger side I go to the black wire?
Old 10-07-2013, 02:26 PM
RTom919

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought the switchbacks from Diode Dynamics and did the DIY same as you. I remember there being 3 wires (green w/white stripe, green w/black stripe, and a black wire). I also had the resistors and was fighting this install for what seemed like hours; no combination of resistor - wires seemed to work. I can verify with you however, that I was failing at clipping the resistors down all the way - you have to push really hard and firmly get that wire in there! If I remember correctly it is both GREEN wires on each side in the front. Maybe the wiring coloring is different depending on the car production plant, but that is how it was for me.

PS don't try calling DD customer service - they don't know. When I tried calling them they had no info and told me to call back if I ever figured it out.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:37 PM
samkon

Originally Posted by RTom919
I bought the switchbacks from Diode Dynamics and did the DIY same as you. I remember there being 3 wires (green w/white stripe, green w/black stripe, and a black wire). I also had the resistors and was fighting this install for what seemed like hours; no combination of resistor - wires seemed to work. I can verify with you however, that I was failing at clipping the resistors down all the way - you have to push really hard and firmly get that wire in there! If I remember correctly it is both GREEN wires on each side in the front. Maybe the wiring coloring is different depending on the car production plant, but that is how it was for me.

PS don't try calling DD customer service - they don't know. When I tried calling them they had no info and told me to call back if I ever figured it out.
So the freeman do black both need to be attached one each side?
Old 10-08-2013, 08:30 PM
samkon

Im just trying to get these LEDS driving lights to blink amber....... still... anyone
Old 10-08-2013, 08:34 PM
samkon

Try the ACC instead of the parking light then tap the turn signals?
Old 10-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Yan141

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Resistor to +\- of the turn signal wire. The third wire from the LED bulb connects to parking lights.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Yan141

If still having problem let me know, we have the same ride.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:54 PM
samkon

Originally Posted by Yan141
If still having problem let me know, we have the same ride.
Alright I have the box that it comes with that all the wires come from. Positive and negative are hooked to the battery. There's no acc relay and couldn't find parking light fuse so I wired that wire and tapped into the top corner running lights to turn on and off when the headlights do. I have the wires for the led lights connected they also both have another wire that is with the connector for the led wires and it say to tap into the turn signal positive wire, I don't have a tester so I tapped into what I thought was the positive. Didn't work, tried the other one and still nothing. There also is 2 other wires that come out on the battery side but it says they are ment for the strobe function.
Attached Thumbnails White-Amber Switchback Wiring Won't Work-image.jpg  
Old 10-09-2013, 08:56 PM
samkon

Pic of the wires I took
Attached Thumbnails White-Amber Switchback Wiring Won't Work-image.jpg  
Old 10-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Yan141

is that the actual/same LEDs u have?
Old 10-15-2013, 09:01 PM
buGfresh

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
You need to get a multi meter plain and simple. The only thing guessing will do is Short something out.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:59 PM
samkon

Yea same LEDs. But that doesn't matter the problem is I want the LEDs to be able to blink with my turn signals. I tapped into both wires going to the turn signal. The one I pretty sure was positive and the other after it didn't work.

Quick Reply: White-Amber Switchback Wiring Won't Work