Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 05:13 PM
samkon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DJE44
Ha! What's even freakier is what I did to my FX here:
Around View Camera Mod for 2011 Infiniti FX - YouTube

My kids love it, it's like live GTA.
Damn.. I want to do that to my g lol.. I have no back up camera tho..
Old 10-01-2013, 10:18 PM
DJE44

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
The OEM DRLs stay on as long as no other lights are engaged. Once you turn on your parking lights and/or headlights on, they power off.

OnEighty wired my headlight orbs into the 12v constant line prior to that power line reaching the DRL control box. The orbs are on regardless, all the time, whatever light combo is on or off. That is my setup.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Bladerunr
Registered Member

Yes, I have these on my FX. Philips is quality. Nice and bright. Don't think they'd look so well on the G though.

IMHO, that would look silly, on with fogs / driving lights. Kind of defeats the DRL objective. Get the OEM!!!
How did you mount those DRL's?
Old 10-02-2013, 10:33 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 255 Posts
This is all my opinion and I mean no offense to anyone in here, but the OEM DRL LEDs look almost as bad as the stick on ones you see on civics

Infiniti dropped the ball big time on the design for these, to me it's obvious they were an afterthought to capitalize on the LED craze

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a custom LED DRL, but it would need to be executed well enough to look OEM (i.e. no simply stuck in air damns, grilles, etc.). This would likely entail body work to integrate the LED fixtures to be flush and molded into a bumper. I've seen of few examples of this on this site and elsewhere, looks great when done with a lot of attention to detail. IMO the G37 bumper design does not offer much opportunity for DRL placement that flows well, but I'm sure it can be done.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:40 PM
DJE44

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Bladerunr
How did you mount those DRL's?
On my FX, the Philips DRLs came with 3M tape and mounting hardware.

Originally Posted by STownSaint
This is all my opinion and I mean no offense to anyone in here, but the OEM DRL LEDs look almost as bad as the stick on ones you see on civics

Infiniti dropped the ball big time on the design for these, to me it's obvious they were an afterthought to capitalize on the LED craze.
I'm beyond pleased with my Infiniti installed set on my G. Fits in next to the fogs very well, and has great luminosity. I've received a lot of positive feedback from them too.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:53 PM
Bladerunr
Registered Member

The OEM DRLs stay on as long as no other lights are engaged. Once you turn on your parking lights and/or headlights on, they power off.

OnEighty wired my headlight orbs into the 12v constant line prior to that power line reaching the DRL control box. The orbs are on regardless, all the time, whatever light combo is on or off. That is my setup.
How difficult was it to wire?