Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Rear Spoiler on EBAY, Has anyone used this company?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 09:46 AM
DJMAC

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Rear Spoiler on EBAY, Has anyone used this company?

Rear Spoilers, Cabin Air Filters items in Infiniti G 2009 store on eBay!

I'm getting ready to add a backup camera to a non camera rear spoiler. My options are dremel out a hole in the spoiler (not sure if the mounts are there) or just swap out to a camera spoiler (if this trailer hitch usa company is legit).

Anyone use this company?

Mac
Old 07-19-2013, 11:25 AM
joe6mtt

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ya I returned a g37 coupe spoiler from this company.
Only get oem. Ull regret anything else u buy. Aftermarket oem style g37 spoilers arent quality and don't fit perfectly. Trust me. Spend the few extra bucks and do it right way. Good luck bro
Old 07-19-2013, 11:30 AM
DJMAC

Thanks . Ill attempt to drill a hole first then suck it up and buy OEM!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:49 AM
joe6mtt

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oem isn't cheap but it's worth it
Old 07-19-2013, 01:11 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Dude, save yourself a ton of headaches .... just buy the OEM one.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:45 PM
ZenZiglar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Lets see how he does with the Ebay version. We need good people like the OP to try, succeed, and share these DIYs.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:27 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
The ones that fit along the trunk edge look OK (if you color match the chrome), the wing type not so much. Agree about the OEM though, hard to beat, and you'll know it's color matched & will fit perfectly.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:22 PM
solarg37

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
lucky for you i just bought one last week,

paid 135 shipped with camera hole

you do have to drill 2 new holes into your precious deck lid "which sucks"

the camera does not bolt to the new spoiler from the chrome trim, you will have to leave it on there and the new spoiler mounts over the existing chrome one.

fitment wasn’t great the 2 ends don’t sit flush but isnt bad and the middle part is lifting up some because of the chrome exsisting spoiler,

overall i have mixed feelings yes its cheap compared to 500.00 for a factory one that is pretty much the same but if you have the extra coin buy oem

also this is made from plastic,

make sure you check 20 times drill once !!!

also you will have to drill 2 holes one from the top side thats the same as the bolt size and a huge hole to get the nut and socket through on the underside second piece of sheet metal,

i really wished you just unbolted the factory chrome pice and bolt this one in no fuss no muss some one else can confirm if this is the case with a OEM one ?>
Old 07-19-2013, 06:00 PM
2008G-Man

"overall i have mixed feelings yes its cheap compared to 500.00 for a factory one that is pretty much the same"

Well they are not pretty much the same, you point out some of the major differences yourself. I don't understand people who shell out 40-50k on a car then go cheap with stuff they put on to it.

"i really wished you just unbolted the factory chrome pice and bolt this one in no fuss no muss some one else can confirm if this is the case with a OEM one ?>"

For the non-camera OEM one you unbolt and remove the chrome one, you reuse 2 of the bolt holes, drill two more holes (19mm if I remember), and then use double sided tape.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:21 PM
Esco3130

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont do it i bought the exact spoiler from the exact company that camera hole is the issue the hole is so much bigger and it doesnt mount as good as the oem because it only has two brackets on it the quality is very good i must say but making it fit right is kinda impossible they tell you to put it right over the chrome finisher i was so dissapointed learned my lesson real quick .. i ended up returning it and got hit with restocking fee it sucked if ur even going to attempt to put this on the g37 buy the one without the hole and cut it urself then try and make something to mount the camera .....
Old 07-22-2013, 01:49 PM
solarg37

well folks here you have it !!

i cant get the middle part to stay down at all,

utter waste of money and time,

and now i have 2 big holes in the my deck lid that i cant fix,

what do i do now ?

if some one says i told you so im going to donkey punch them ! LOL

learn from my mistake
Attached Thumbnails Rear Spoiler on EBAY, Has anyone used this company?-photo.jpg   Rear Spoiler on EBAY, Has anyone used this company?-ii.jpg  
Old 07-22-2013, 01:50 PM
solarg37

this needs the 2 extra bolts in the center to bolt it down in the middle section into the exsisting chrome bolt holes,

also i have no choice but to leave the chrome piece on because of the back up camera,

open for sugestions

just put this on last thursday
Old 07-22-2013, 01:55 PM
DJMAC

Oh wow! That's why I love this forum. I will not be buying the eBay spoiler. Learn from others.

I don't have a problem buying non OEM stuff. Alot of times people can improve on an already good idea. This is not that place it appears.

Winter project ill keep you posted on Retro fitting the non camera spoiler to camera.
Thanks
Mac
Old 07-22-2013, 04:45 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by solarg37
this needs the 2 extra bolts in the center to bolt it down in the middle section into the exsisting chrome bolt holes,

also i have no choice but to leave the chrome piece on because of the back up camera,

open for sugestions

just put this on last thursday
Only suggestion I have is get the oem deck lid spoiler so you can get those outer holes covered. Sorry for your problems
BTW, I mounted my oem deck spoiler without drilling the outer holes and I've had it on about a year and a half and still fits tight & flush to the trunk. Many others have installed without the outer holes too. I'm saying this in case you get the oem spoiler and the outer holes don't line up, no need to drill additional outer holes IME.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:20 AM
2008G-Man

Originally Posted by blnewt
Only suggestion I have is get the oem deck lid spoiler so you can get those outer holes covered. Sorry for your problems
BTW, I mounted my oem deck spoiler without drilling the outer holes and I've had it on about a year and a half and still fits tight & flush to the trunk. Many others have installed without the outer holes too. I'm saying this in case you get the oem spoiler and the outer holes don't line up, no need to drill additional outer holes IME.
I would fill the holes some how before you adhere the spoiler (if you are not going to use the holes). That 2-sided tape is not water tight and you don't water leaking in and also rusting the hole edges. Perhaps a rubber grommet and silicone first.

Quick Reply: Rear Spoiler on EBAY, Has anyone used this company?