10til4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
calling all headlight modders

yesterday me and a buddy painted the headlights of his G37s
here is a pic i am not sure but i think its model 07-10
Name:  IMG_3012_zpsc66739af.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  82.0 KB
i do not own a G37 but a 370z i did several headlights before 370z 350z including my own!
everything went fine with the first headlight however as we went along and removed all the bulbs ballast and wiring harness from the second HL we unfortunatley broke the ground tap for the foglights(wich his is canadian model and therefor DTRL)even beeing very careful it just didnt wanna come off until well u know that part already
anyways we tried to fix this as best as we could and grabed superglue(just a tiny drop) and glued it back on and it did work perfect finished the painting and put everything back together smooth sailing with no further problems!
the thing is now his fog(dtrl)lights dont work--both of em
now that u all know the story i have a few questions

i am not an electrician so do u guys think the ground current wont jump cuz of the(very little)glue we used to fix the connector?
could there b any other reason other then the broken tap that they wouldnt work anything else u could think of? could b the bulbs but 2 of em at the same time?--unlikely! he said he checked the fuse and its fine!

if the problem is the broken tap wich would make sense cuz its broken why do both not work even with the other HL being perfecty fine? (could it be that that Fog ground wire is one circuit for driver and passenger side HL(wich would b stupid)?

i realy hope someone can chime in and point me in the right direction by the way used google for hours before i posted here
anyways thanks for reading guys!
Old 05-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Can'tGme

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
A little confusing to read but I think I know which connector you're talking about. It's a pain to get on and off. I would take a test wire (just a piece of wire) and wrap it around the fog light ground wire and then ground it somewhere else. Then turn the foglights on. If they both come on then just run that one ground wire (the one with the broken connector) somewhere else and ground it.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:12 PM
10til4

k we got this thing all figured out we just cut the connector of put a new different one on and screwed it onto the srew that attaches to the silver clamp that holds the bulb snug so we pretty much just got the ground from there
thanks for the answer tho anyways
maybe i get my buddy to write up a diy
Old 05-20-2013, 07:40 PM
Byrdman
Don’t Buy From GTM/Gamma

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
side note, clean up that engine bay buddy :P
Old 05-20-2013, 10:21 PM
10til4

Originally Posted by Byrdman
side note, clean up that engine bay buddy :P
ya agreed i will let him know
Old 05-20-2013, 11:21 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
I know it’s something you don’t want to hear, but if your headlight mod involves the elimination of the side amber lighting as often shown on this forum, it is illegal in all fifty states. I know, there’s little chance of being pulled over for it, but there’s always that risk, and if you are, you’ll have to uninstall the whole thing and go back to stock at considerable expense. My advice is to save your OEM headlights just in case.