Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Where to buy Fender Liner?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 11:22 AM
slowmkv

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where to buy Fender Liner?

Hello Everybody,

Its been a while since ive posted on here sorry for my abscence. I have a quick question I am looking for the front and rear fender lining for my passenger side front fender. I called the dealer its around $68 for front section and $80 for the rear section. I dont mind paying those prices but if you guys know anywhere else I can get them cheaper please let me know.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
At a junkyard.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:43 PM
dcains

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got mine (350Z) from rockauto.com. About 1/3 dealer price.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:40 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
2008 INFINITI G37 Inner Fender

Seems to run 19$-32$. Not sure how good the quality is. Maybe dcains can chime in on quality of the item.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:47 PM
dcains

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal

Seems to run 19$-32$. Not sure how good the quality is. Maybe dcains can chime in on quality of the item.
Same quality as OEM, as far as I can tell, although the vents are slightly different in appearance. Thickness of the plastic feels the same, and all the holes are in the right places. They've been on my Z since last December, still fine, and I can't imagine any future issues.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:14 PM
slowmkv

Originally Posted by dcains
I got mine (350Z) from rockauto.com. About 1/3 dealer price.
I came across a bunch of sites that had it for great prices just wasnt sure on quality or fitment.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:15 PM
slowmkv

I think mine might be different I have a 2011 so I have the different bumper. I should of specified in my post.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:30 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

So than go to the website, input your year, and than order. Come on man I've actually linked you to the actual product, even though it's not your year. You could at least browse around the website.

I looked up the 2011 anyways and the part numbers seems to be the same for coupe sport models.

And the person above gave a review about the quality.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:42 PM
1G372nv

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Rockauto.com is a good spot. It may take alot of research depending on your area to find a local junkyard. Rockauto.com is like a combo of all junkyards and you should be able to find anything there with a search. If you are not sure about fitment, pull liner and look on back there is a part # that you can input on rockauto.com and that should narrow it down for you. If I am not mistaken depending on if your car was made before 06/11 or after your bumper is different on sports model. GL
Old 05-13-2013, 03:43 PM
slowmkv

So than go to the website, input your year, and than order. Come on man I've actually linked you to the actual product, even though it's not your year. You could at least browse around the website.

I looked up the 2011 anyways and the part numbers seems to be the same for coupe sport models.

And the person above gave a review about the quality.

Well I greatly appreciate your help, now that I am in front a of PC I will browse their site.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:47 PM
slowmkv

Originally Posted by 1G372nv
Rockauto.com is a good spot. It may take alot of research depending on your area to find a local junkyard. Rockauto.com is like a combo of all junkyards and you should be able to find anything there with a search. If you are not sure about fitment, pull liner and look on back there is a part # that you can input on rockauto.com and that should narrow it down for you. If I am not mistaken depending on if your car was made before 06/11 or after your bumper is different on sports model. GL

Yeah I would rather just purchase it from the dealer than go junkyard to junkyard. My fender lining is shredded to pieces but I will see if I can find a part number on it. Not sure when the vehicle was made but I do have the updated bumper from 2010. Ill try and do some more reasearch tonight when I get home. I would just buy it from the dealer new but I know I am going to definitely destroy it again before the car goes back. Thank you again for your help.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:07 PM
1G372nv

Originally Posted by slowmkv
Yeah I would rather just purchase it from the dealer than go junkyard to junkyard. My fender lining is shredded to pieces but I will see if I can find a part number on it. Not sure when the vehicle was made but I do have the updated bumper from 2010. Ill try and do some more reasearch tonight when I get home. I would just buy it from the dealer new but I know I am going to definitely destroy it again before the car goes back. Thank you again for your help.
Yeah 9 times out of 10 if you have damaged your liner you're gonna damage it again. That why I brought used or non OEM new. The quaility is good and it does the job until I hit a few deep bumps. Lol! Just have to make sure trim is correct. The mfg year can be found inside the drivers door on info tag.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:11 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Why is it being damaged? Are you super slammed that its tearing up the fender well?
Old 05-13-2013, 10:52 PM
1G372nv

Why is it being damaged? Are you super slammed that its tearing up the fender well?
I was just saying to slowmkv if he keeps damaging the liner. But yeah I have damaged a few. I do change up my suspension and tire size with different offsets often and I like a little poke. So with alot of trial there is unfortunately error. Lol. With my Tein Flex coilover dialed pretty low and 20" wheels with +13/20 offsets it's alittle challenging. But now I am dialed in with correct tire size and no damage even on bumps.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:43 PM
slowmkv

Originally Posted by 1G372nv
Yeah 9 times out of 10 if you have damaged your liner you're gonna damage it again. That why I brought used or non OEM new. The quaility is good and it does the job until I hit a few deep bumps. Lol! Just have to make sure trim is correct. The mfg year can be found inside the drivers door on info tag.
Thank you! Yeah it's pointless to keep buying the OEM lining when It ends up getting torn apart after a few weeks of driving.

Quick Reply: Where to buy Fender Liner?