Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

rear turn signal conversion to LED rings

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by erik1980
I purchased this from Andy just a while back, and installed it (the recommended way with solder joints). I love it, and everyone I show asks why the heck Infiniti didn't make it this way from the get go. Thanks Andy! I recommend to any G, M or GTR owner out there. One very subtle but nice way to be different from the masses.

My next goal is to replace the original blinker bulbs with some nice bright LEDs and wire that to the brake only output. That way you get the rings to blink while on the brakes, but the inner lights stay lit so other drivers can really tell that you are on the brakes.

Again, Thanks Andy! Great Job man!
post a video once you have done that ! I wanna see how it looks !
Old 07-16-2014, 09:37 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevalteam
here is my friends Max. It took him lots of DIY hours to make this work. something like mustangs. still looks cool.

Nissan Maxima Sequential Tail Lights - YouTube

Originally Posted by TwoThree
Details?? Is there anyway to only get the outer ring to flash?
Do you know if anyone setup their sedan or coupe like the mustang? or only to get the outer ring to flash?
would love to see a video or try it.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:04 PM
buGfresh

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by flipmode007

Do you know if anyone setup their sedan or coupe like the mustang? or only to get the outer ring to flash?
would love to see a video or try it.
In order to achieve this you would need to cut the tail light open and re wire the leds.
The following users liked this post:
flipmode007 (07-17-2014)
Old 07-17-2014, 10:43 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Originally Posted by buGfresh
In order to achieve this you would need to cut the tail light open and re wire the leds.
If ever you have the instruction on how to re-wire the led shot it to me, my neighbor and I may try to attempt it, were on a roll lol.

Thank you very much for the kit even my neighbor love it. I posted 2 video on you tube the quality may be bad sorry took it from Iphone5s, so what we did we utilize the inner circle too, but one day I may play with it again lol.

But god damn it is bright, cant wait to drive the other infiniti haha.

Once again thank you very much
buGfresh (07-17-2014)
Old 07-17-2014, 10:53 PM
buGfresh

If ever you have the instruction on how to re-wire the led shot it to me, my neighbor and I may try to attempt it, were on a roll lol.

Thank you very much for the kit even my neighbor love it. I posted 2 video on you tube the quality may be bad sorry took it from Iphone5s, so what we did we utilize the inner circle too, but one day I may play with it again lol.

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjVFMam-uaI

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziW6aY7KBOo

Actually looks really good with the factory turn signal! Like it lights up and fades away. Very nice! Glad you like it!
Old 07-17-2014, 10:59 PM
Jestered
Premier Member

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
I decided against using the turn signal bulb for brake or turn signal (along with the rings) because it is bright and appears to drown out the rings blinking. There's only one thing I hate about this mod.... the fact that I never get to see it!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Jestered:
buGfresh (07-17-2014), flipmode007 (07-17-2014)
Old 07-18-2014, 12:01 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Jestered
I decided against using the turn signal bulb for brake or turn signal (along with the rings) because it is bright and appears to drown out the rings blinking. There's only one thing I hate about this mod.... the fact that I never get to see it!!!
It is true, it does appears to drown out the ring too but like I said I may just change it in a couple of month lol, just have to remove the parking brake wire
There's only one thing I hate about this mod.... the fact that I never get to see it!!! (I second that)
At least other ppl will and let us know how good it looks
Old 07-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Mik3G37S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjVFMam-uaI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziW6aY7KBOo

I wanna see what happens when you step on the brakes and have a turn signal on... what I wanna do eventually is to be able to use the stock turn signal as a brake light along with the rings while one side or the other has the rings flashing (when signaling) anyone?
Old 07-18-2014, 10:21 AM
buGfresh

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S

I wanna see what happens when you step on the brakes and have a turn signal on... what I wanna do eventually is to be able to use the stock turn signal as a brake light along with the rings while one side or the other has the rings flashing (when signaling) anyone?
You can do this by tagging the turn wire from the tail to the brake wire going into the box. Only thing is, the factory turn bulb (now used as brake light) will come on, on both sides while the turn signal (rings) flashes
Old 07-18-2014, 01:31 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
I will do a video for you later when I get back from work around 1030 tonight
**** it ran outside and ask the neighbor outside to help lol

Hey buGfresh, I keep getting the check engine soon light code P0603 but I double check the battery connection, the ground where the blue wire is, gas tank cover and they all seems to be good, anyone?
before I call the dealership and make an appointment lol.

Last edited by flipmode007; 07-18-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Mik3G37S (07-18-2014)
Old 07-18-2014, 01:58 PM
Mik3G37S

You can do this by tagging the turn wire from the tail to the brake wire going into the box. Only thing is, the factory turn bulb (now used as brake light) will come on, on both sides while the turn signal (rings) flashes
Which is exactly something I don't want... What I'm looking for is to use that factory turn bulb as brake light and brake light only together with rings but when there is turn signal flashing I would want the "factory turn bulbs" to stay lit together with rings when applying brake and when using turn signal I'd want ONLY rings to flash independently, get it now? I know its hard to explain

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 07-18-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:56 PM
buGfresh

I will do a video for you later when I get back from work around 1030 tonight
**** it ran outside and ask the neighbor outside to help lol

Hey buGfresh, I keep getting the check engine soon light code P0603 but I double check the battery connection, the ground where the blue wire is, gas tank cover and they all seems to be good, anyone?
before I call the dealership and make an appointment lol.

Video Link: http://youtu.be/mXb_Ld0vrLQ
P0603 is memory loss basically. Happens from disconnecting the battery, make sure connections are good and go get the code reset
flipmode007 (07-18-2014)
Old 07-18-2014, 05:02 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

P0603 is memory loss basically. Happens from disconnecting the battery, make sure connections are good and go get the code reset
When you say connection are you refering too battery cable, ground wire, and also all the connections I did, slicing wires I that case yes all done.
Btw can I reset with the OBD2 scanner or I have to bring it in? Need to do it by do this by tomorrow, I have a wedding
Old 07-18-2014, 05:21 PM
buGfresh

When you say connection are you refering too battery cable, ground wire, and also all the connections I did, slicing wires I that case yes all done.
Btw can I reset with the OBD2 scanner or I have to bring it in? Need to do it by do this by tomorrow, I have a wedding
Yes, Obd scanner should be able to clear the code.
flipmode007 (07-18-2014)
Old 07-18-2014, 08:17 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Ok here's one problem, last night when I got home I check the light and when I put the light on auto seems like the inner circle was working and not the outer circle.

If I'm right it may be the day time running light interfering,would that be possible?
I made this video during the day and everything seems to be fine
We tried the light on off, auto, parking light and all

Last edited by flipmode007; 07-21-2014 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Add

Quick Reply: rear turn signal conversion to LED rings