Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

New G37 owner here...suggestions for seat comfort?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 01:30 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
I've done 500-700 mile days in my car without issue (~6' #200-210 depending on time of year). I don't feel any pinching or similar sensation. Thigh bolsters are slightly inflated. As with any long trip, I think it's important to stop periodically. I can drive for about 90-120 minutes (100-140 miles of interstate) before I need to take 5-10 min break to walk around, stretch, eat something (no eating permitted in the car).
Old 01-31-2016, 07:37 PM
solidsiver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The journey seats may be a fix for your problem. In the last year, I've developed massive back problems, and the Journey seats in my car are far more comfortable than anything in my house - sitting in the car is pain free.

(Totally unrelated question, but I can't find a "contact us" link anywhere: why is my username misspelled all of a sudden, and why is my post count starting over from scratch??)
Old 05-08-2016, 07:32 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by 2K937S
I realize this is a really old thread but I've encountered the same issue and thought I would comment on it. I just stepped on the side bolster closest to the drivers door and bounced til the metal rod bent enough for a world of difference.
man, for realla??? doing this didn't tear the leather...seriously man, i mean i am considering the cushion option too, but at 6'2 and 205lbs, anything on that seat will make me feel like i'm in suv territory. I am thinking about removing/adjusting the front nut that allows a bit more lowering of the seat, there are instructions somewhere in the diy i think, though from reading if not done correctly, it can be screwed up, so the cushion options sounds good...just haven't gotten around to it...but i like your idea..direct..sort of..
Old 06-23-2016, 09:07 PM
Rewsta
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive owned my 2012 G37xS for about 2 weeks now and I came here looking for suggestions on the seats. My back is killing me after only driving this for a short distances. The seats in my previous car, 1992 G20 (dont laugh) were very snug and I actually found comfort sitting in them for long trips. I'm going to try the cushion thing and if that doesnt work, I'll start shopping for a Journey seat at the junk yards.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:40 PM
Red00lght

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I've had several back surgeries and I'm very tall so I had problems w my sport seats too. I took it out and cut the metal brace out of the sides of the bottom cushion. (There is a thread on how to for that somewhere). That helped alot but the upright lateral bolsters were still too tight so I bought a journey seat off of ebay and have been happy ever since.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:04 AM
rlb
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Red00lght
I've had several back surgeries and I'm very tall so I had problems w my sport seats too. I took it out and cut the metal brace out of the sides of the bottom cushion. (There is a thread on how to for that somewhere). That helped alot but the upright lateral bolsters were still too tight so I bought a journey seat off of ebay and have been happy ever since.
Are the Journey seats actually wider between the thigh bolsters? How is the Journey seat compared to the passenger seat of your car? The passenger seat doesn't have the thigh/side bolsters and to me is much more roomy and comfortable. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the Journey seat?
Old 06-29-2016, 12:38 PM
g37Frost
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I have a Journey. Last week I drove it from Missouri to Florida (Vero Beach) and back. Did a lot of other driving in addition to the getting-there (i.e. spent an afternoon at Kennedy Space Center, a 2-hour round trip from where I was staying). Spent over 50 hours in the car. (I'm 44 y/o, if that matters.) I was surprised that I had almost no discomfort... other than needing to stretch every so often—which would be the case in ANY car driving those distances—the seats were perfectly comfortable.

On the way back, I tanked up in northern Georgia, drove clear through Tennessee and lower Kentucky and finally pulled over again (down to 1/4 tank) in central Illinois. I'd driven for over six hours straight. It felt good to stretch, but I had no noticeable discomfort from the seat.

If there's a difference between the Journey seats and the other models' seats, I wasn't aware of it, but I'm very satisfied with the seats in my Journey. Besides, they look awesome.

Last edited by g37Frost; 06-29-2016 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:03 PM
rlb
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Red00lght
Do the Journey seats retain the seat memory and heat functions? Are they just plug and play?
Old 06-29-2016, 01:07 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
The sport seat have the lower and upper inflatable bolsters. Also the bottom can be extended.