Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Best way to pop out this dent?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 09:40 PM
ramus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best way to pop out this dent?

Hey all,

I think the trash man accidentally bumped by car's side skirt area with the trashcan. It has a little dent that is visible if the reflection is right. I used the old trick of hot/warm water and air can spray, but it doesn't seem to work that well.

What is the material that the dent is ion and what is the best way to pop this back out? Thank you so much for your wisdom, exterior gurus!

Old 01-14-2013, 11:39 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Go to a professional PDR. It doesn't really cost that much for a single ding.

I have heard people popping out dings with dry ice. Not sure how much I trust any of the methods.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:56 PM
JohnsVert

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Ding king !

Yea, I'd take it to a professional , you'll be happy you did, it shouldn't be that much to repair a dent that small
Old 01-15-2013, 12:36 AM
ramus

Originally Posted by JohnsVert
Ding king !

Yea, I'd take it to a professional , you'll be happy you did, it shouldn't be that much to repair a dent that small
Thanks for your replies! How much would be an acceptable price for this? I don't want to get high balled. Thanks!

There's really no way to do this myself?
Old 01-15-2013, 11:04 AM
~Lefty~

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've pulled those out with my GoPro suction cup mount.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:37 PM
ramus

Thanks for the suction cup possibility, do you have specific tips on using the suction cup?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:36 PM
ramus

If I were to use the Paintless dent repair service, what would be a reasonable cost to repair this? This shouldn't be more than 20 I don't think....
Old 01-15-2013, 11:22 PM
TVD
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
If the dent is not creased you can try this. I have and it will work. A hair dryer and can of dust remover. Watch Removing dent with a hair dryer Video | Break.com
Old 01-15-2013, 11:46 PM
surfwagon

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Take off the wheel. Pull back the wheel well liner and push the dent out
Old 01-16-2013, 01:49 AM
unknowndesi
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
I worked on a Toyota corolla that had a shopping cart run into it. it was significantly worse than this I mean it was creased in and bent all over the place. The first thing I did was take the fender panel off and slowly hammer it back to the best I could get it since it was between a crease and the fender line, then I had to body fill and paint. That dent doesn't look as bad as what I had to deal with and it should pop back out with a couple taps of a rubber hammer or even by hand since it should still follow the curve of the fender. Using heat and cold method can warp and crack/chip paint. If you don't feel comfortable pulling it out take it to a pro.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:40 AM
ramus

Originally Posted by unknowndesi
I worked on a Toyota corolla that had a shopping cart run into it. it was significantly worse than this I mean it was creased in and bent all over the place. The first thing I did was take the fender panel off and slowly hammer it back to the best I could get it since it was between a crease and the fender line, then I had to body fill and paint. That dent doesn't look as bad as what I had to deal with and it should pop back out with a couple taps of a rubber hammer or even by hand since it should still follow the curve of the fender. Using heat and cold method can warp and crack/chip paint. If you don't feel comfortable pulling it out take it to a pro.
Thanks! How much would be a reasonable price for this damage repair?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:12 AM
Dgglr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pops-a-dent worked pretty well for me on my bike. It would be perfect for your kind of dent and it's super easy to use. I got it at a local auto parts store.

It's non-invasive and cost only $25 bucks plus you can help out a friend or family with dents since you get plenty of material for many dents.

SIMONIZ POPS A DENT : Amazon.com : Automotive
Old 01-16-2013, 10:48 AM
unknowndesi
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
id try a bondo dent puller. I got the fender area sprayed and blended for about $130 but that because I know the guy and send him tons of business. Try pushing it out from the inside and see if that helps. Since it occurred in a pinch of the fender it could be very difficult to pop out properly. Give it a shout, If you screw up you can always call the auto body guys lol