Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Auto windows not working properly?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Bradleydp09g37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto windows not working properly?

I have an 09 g37 coupe 6mt. I recently installed the stillen gen 3 intake. That is the first and only mod i have put on my car. It sounded good and everything was working fine except when i rolled down my windows, they went down automatic like always but once i pulled up on the switch, they would only come up if i held the button down. I was wondering if anyone would know what could be wrong with it. I was wondering if unplugging the battery could have caused this or anything. Please post any helpful suggestions or knowledge on the subject. Thanks
Old 12-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Iplcarbon

There is a Recall on the window switches...I had mine changed out a few months ago, but the ones they replaced were bad too...same stock #. Going back next week...its free of charge just call your dealership.
Mine is a 2012 G37S but go to Infiniti.com put in recall and will show the recent ones which are the window switches...mine did the same as yours yet my car is new sometimes it would roll up and stop and roll back down....Our G's are possessed!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:46 PM
mrcool007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Iplcarbon
There is a Recall on the window switches...I had mine changed out a few months ago, but the ones they replaced were bad too...same stock #. Going back next week...its free of charge just call your dealership.
Mine is a 2012 G37S but go to Infiniti.com put in recall and will show the recent ones which are the window switches...mine did the same as yours yet my car is new sometimes it would roll up and stop and roll back down....Our G's are possessed!
I also have this problem... I press the auto up button, the window goes up and when its about to reach the rubber stop to close the window it stops then goes back down automatically and stops at about half way! then I have to press and hold the window switch to completely close the window. Is this the same problem you have that there is a replacement switch for to correct?
Old 12-09-2012, 11:19 PM
TVD
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
This is a window timing problem, it can also be because of a low battery. The Dealer fixed mine for free and replaced my battery (I am still under warranty). This URL details how to fix the timing issue yourself:
How to retime an Infiniti G35 and G37 window and moonroof
Attached Thumbnails Auto windows not working properly?-p9140027.jpg  
Old 12-09-2012, 11:26 PM
nukee26

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
What TVD said. Disconnecting the battery requires you to retime the windows, just did this last month when I put the new battery in.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Iplcarbon

Originally Posted by mrcool007
I also have this problem... I press the auto up button, the window goes up and when its about to reach the rubbero stop to close the window it stops then goes back down automatically and stops at about half way! then I have to press and hold the window switch to completely close the window. Is this the same problem you have that there is a replacement switch for to correct?
Yes same problem...though like I mentioned the replacement they installed were the same faulty ones that were from the factory...they ordered new ones and just got them in...so ill be going back and have them installed once again...its a pain but again love my G...
Old 12-10-2012, 01:13 PM
mrcool007

Originally Posted by Iplcarbon
Yes same problem...though like I mentioned the replacement they installed were the same faulty ones that were from the factory...they ordered new ones and just got them in...so ill be going back and have them installed once again...its a pain but again love my G...
Ok let me know the new part number when you install it...
Old 12-10-2012, 01:45 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Any time you disconnect the battery, you will need to reset the windows. This may take several attempts so repeat the process a few times. Roll down the windows while keeping the buttons pressed down the whole time. Keep the buttons pressed until you hear a click from the window switch solenoid. Now roll up the window to the top while keeping the buttons pulled up the whole time. Keep the buttons pulled up until you hear the same click from the window solenoid. Try the auto window up and down to see if they are reset. If not, repeat the procedure.

I've had to do this in the past after installing mods and it should work as long as your battery is not faulty.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Bradleydp09g37s

ok thanks to everyone that replied. I will definitely try to reset the windows just to make sure that's not the problem.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Yes try that but it sounds like something different from the window reset. My Z has just started doing this same thing. somethimes while rolling up the window it will get about half way and just reverse. I have never had this happen in the G but we don't drive the G much, even less with the windows down.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:18 PM
mrcool007

Originally Posted by speedracer g37
Any time you disconnect the battery, you will need to reset the windows. This may take several attempts so repeat the process a few times. Roll down the windows while keeping the buttons pressed down the whole time. Keep the buttons pressed until you hear a click from the window switch solenoid. Now roll up the window to the top while keeping the buttons pulled up the whole time. Keep the buttons pulled up until you hear the same click from the window solenoid. Try the auto window up and down to see if they are reset. If not, repeat the procedure.

I've had to do this in the past after installing mods and it should work as long as your battery is not faulty.
the issue that I am having is not battery related... my battery is new about 4 months old and no mods added... this happens on hot days however when its cool outside the window would go all the way up (automatically) ... i have read on other forums that one should use a lubricant and place on the weather stripping around the window to lubricate it to go up and down fully... i guess it is due from the heat while window is close against it
Old 12-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Iplcarbon

Originally Posted by mrcool007
Ok let me know the new part number when you install it...
Ill do that...it was a national Recall on the switches...look it up online...just make sure they got the new switches in...ones they had in stock were faulty ones like the ones installed from factory...once I get it in this friday ill pm you on the stock #
Old 12-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Iplcarbon

Originally Posted by Tazicon
Yes try that but it sounds like something different from the window reset. My Z has just started doing this same thing. somethimes while rolling up the window it will get about half way and just reverse. I have never had this happen in the G but we don't drive the G much, even less with the windows down.
Taz check on your car recall on your switches too..G share the same parts...I got a letter in the mail on the "RECALL " for the window switches. I went in to the dealership I bought it from took them about a hour for both sides to change out...but a week or two later it was doing the same thing...come to find out the GM looked at the invoice and the parts they put in were identicaly the same part not putting the new version in. Valencia Infiniti is on the ball on this so those in the LA region call up Michael and get them fixed! Great service and they hand wash the cars! No car wash! Lol